Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I decided to buy a Fitbit today, after reading the reviews on this site and reviews on Amazon. My big question is which website to use. I went to fitbit.com to log some food- even though it hasn't arrived yet. But I see people use myfitnesspal.com with it too. If you use the myfitnesspal.com does it still give you all the activity and sleep logs? Does anyone use the fitbit.com site and think it will get easier with use? I've always use sparkpeople- so switching sites will be annoying, just trying to figure out which site I should switch too so I only have to make the move once.

I wish there was one site where you could log food, exercise, sleep record, fills, weight loss, inches loss, etc. But as of yet can't find one. Have to use lapband.com, sparkpeople.com, now fitbit.com. And this site too. It's a lot of sites to remember! Someone should invent it- they could be rich, LOL.

Tabby.

I use my fitnesspal and love it. It does everything except the sleep logs and the fills. I think the only thing you would have to use the fitbit.com website is for the sleep logs. But it's up to you!

I want one!!!! I was going to wait until I lose 50 lbs for a reward to get one, but I think I'm going to order one tomorrow!

The only thing Fitbit does not record is fills, and I pretty much use it for everything. There is a Journal where you can enter misc. information, so you could even use the Journal to keep track of fills. I find it's not great to use on my android phone, but it's very easy from a desktop or laptop. My surgeon recommended the Lose It app for my phone, and I think they've got a much bigger database for food, so it's sometimes easier to log food on that site. Right now, you can sync your fitbit account with Lose It, and they're supposed to be working on getting food logged in Lose It to go back to the Fitbit. I can't wait for that!

You can also sync your fitbit with myfitnesspal. I log my food on myfitnesspal and it shows a summary of it on fibit.com. I would like to just log on the fitbit site but their food database seems limited to me. If I wasn't so lazy I would take the time to enter my most used foods and only use fitbit, but for now I'm happy with the way the syncing between the two works. I love the way the fitbit tracks floors climbed and I also really like the journal portion as I use it to help me track my hunger. And it's fun to see my sleep patterns!

I do agree, the food list is limited. Especially compared to the site I'm used to using. But I'm giving it a try. I'm waiting for my fitbit, so excited, especially after reading here how much everyone likes it. And I'm super excited to see people wanting to get one that maybe woulnd't have before- add me as your friend if you want... tabithainbremerton@yahoo.com. I guess you can have some friendly competition.

I started using mine today, and so far, I'm not that impressed. I guess I didn't realize that it only syncs up when near your computer that connected to wifi. Well, unfortunately, I do not have wifi at home or at work. I do at my moms, so that's where I set it up. Huge disappointment. I should have researched it more. Also, I can't figure out how to find out how many calories I've burned OR how to set it up for sleep. Usually I'm good with electronics, but I'm getting a little frustrated with this. Also, I'm wondering how accurate it is. Does anyone know if/when it automatically resets? It DOES reset right? Like, at midnight or something? If anyone can help with this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I started using mine today, and so far, I'm not that impressed. I guess I didn't realize that it only syncs up when near your computer that connected to wifi. Well, unfortunately, I do not have wifi at home or at work. I do at my moms, so that's where I set it up. Huge disappointment. I should have researched it more. Also, I can't figure out how to find out how many calories I've burned OR how to set it up for sleep. Usually I'm good with electronics, but I'm getting a little frustrated with this. Also, I'm wondering how accurate it is. Does anyone know if/when it automatically resets? It DOES reset right? Like, at midnight or something? If anyone can help with this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Sorry you're disappointed after I told you how much I swear by mine. I don't get the immediate statistics on the website regarding activity, but I'm ok with that, as I usually check them when I get home from work. I also keep the website open at work, and log my food as I eat it. If you can't access the website while you're at work, do you have a cell phone that you can use to log info? There is an app for that if you want/need it.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you need a wifi connection to upload the data. You can't walk within 15 feet of it to get it to upload without wifi, but I'm pretty sure it will upload if you put the fitbit on the base while it's plugged into any computed with an internet connection that it will upload the info.

To set it up for sleep, just press the button on the fitbit itself and hold it till the timer starts. When you wake up, press and hold until you see stop for it to come out of sleep mode. If you forget one or the other, you can edit it on the website.

You also have to go to the website to see how many calories you burned, so in order to get a good number, you need to get the data uploaded first.

You don't have to do anything to reset for a new day. It's got a clock built into it, so it knows which day to apply activity calories to.

If you want to check your status during the day, you just have to press the button on the fitbit to cycle through the numbers. It does give you the calories burned for the current day. I thought it defaulted to show you everything, but maybe you need to go to the website set up in order to get it to show that info.

If you need any more help, let me know. I can pm step by step instructions if you want to let me know what you're having trouble with!

I does reset every night at midnight. You don't need to have it connected to a computer with wifi. You just have to have the base connected to any computer for it to sync. So if you have a computer at home, plug the base in to that and set it up there and you will be able to sync it every time you are near that computer. In other words, it syncs to the base as long as it(the base) is plugged into a computer and you have fitbit downloaded on that computer. To track your sleep, when you get in bed push and hold the button on it until the stop watch starts. But only do this when you are ready to fall asleep. Sometimes I read in bed so I have to wait until I'm sleepy to push the button. When you wake up in the morning push the button again until it reads "stop". Then get out of bed, go turn on your computer and just walk by it. It should sync right up and you should then be able to see your sleep. If it doesn't, just pop it on the base for a minute and that will force it to sync. Sometimes, I wear it to bed but forget to push the button to start sleep mode. When this happens, you can manually log your sleep times and still see the sleep pattern for that night. It should automatically show your calories burned on the device and figure that in to your stats for the day. Hope this helps!! I want everyone to love their fitbit as much as I love mine!!

LOL, I posted this as Pugs was posting pretty much the same thing! Sorry for the double info....

Oh one more thing, I wear the wrist cuff at night and put the fitibit in it. Twice it has fallen out, but I'm lucky because for some reason it ends up in my panties?!?!? Anyway, just be sure you have it clipped in to the cuff real good so it doesn't fall out. tongue.png

LOL, I posted this as Pugs was posting pretty much the same thing! Sorry for the double info....

At least we're consistent!!! LOL!!! It would be really bad if we said two different things!

As the other two gals posted, you do not need wifi for the Fitbit to sink. You do have to have the computer turned on, the charging/base station plugged in, and the Fitbit software downloaded to your computer before it will auto upload.

As for your stats, you should be able to press the button on the fitbit to cycle through the various options: steps, distance, calorie burn, incline/stairs, and total exercise (measured by the flower).

On a side note:

1. I have heard of people looking on Ebay for people who sell their device for parts (after they've damaged them) and you can usually buy another base station that way. This way, you could have a base station at home and work. I have two, but only because my original Fitbit went Buggy and the company sent me a new one free of charge without requiring a return. Unfortunately, Fitbit does not sell the base station separate from the device- that is probably my only complaint with the device.

2. I usually like to clip the Fitbit to my shirt or underwear at night- I move around a lot in my sleep and if I wear it on my wrist, the device thinks I've been awake most of the night. When I wear it closer to my core, the device only shows I'm "awake" if I'm going crazy with the movement.

Ok friends, help me out. I dont like the food input on fitbit.com, so I was using previous suggestions here and logged food into myfitnesspal- I agree, much better site., But how do I get it to sync with fitbit? How do I get my food from myfitnesspal to fitbit.com? Thansk.

Oh one more thing, I wear the wrist cuff at night and put the fitibit in it. Twice it has fallen out, but I'm lucky because for some reason it ends up in my panties?!?!? Anyway, just be sure you have it clipped in to the cuff real good so it doesn't fall out. tongue.png

Seriously...one of the funniest things I've read online today. No wait. It IS the funniest thing I read online today.