Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its Been (Almost) 5 Months Since I've Been Banded...

The first couple of months were going so good! I was losing weight steadly and able to control my cravings. Now, I feel hopeless. Im caving in to my cravings and I dont have support here at home. Also, my band is filled at 6 or 8, but Im still feeling hungry. I guess I need encouragement and support more than anything.

I know how you feel. I went through that too. Have you had a fill yet? That will really help. I had that done and then I was able to loose another 13 pounds. Talk to your doctor about what you can do. You can do this. I have lost 75 pounds. I still need to lose more but it will happen in time. Try to be good to yourself. I had a lot of ups and downs, and you will to but you can do this. I increased my working out, and that also helped.

Thanks New2011, how much more weight do you want to lose? Congrats on losing 75lbs! What kind of working out do you do? I want my doctor to fill my band more, but kinda nervous to ask him too. He fills it up by 1 every visit.

Thanks. I really want to get to 185 pounds which would mean another 75 pounds. But I would be happy to be 199 pounds. I just want to be below 200 pounds. I have a large frame so I will be looking pretty skinny at 185. My biggest thing is I want to loose more inches and get to atleast a size 18. I am a size 22 now. When I started, I was up to a size 30, some 32 shirts barely fit. I knew I had to do something. Until I had kids I had always been between a size 14 to 18. I think I set myself up a little for failure. When I started I wanted to loose at least 100 pounds at the 1 year. I work with three people who have had the gastric bypass and even though I knew it would take me longer, I wanted it to go faster. Even though one lady at work that had the band took almost two years to loose everything. For working out I do kickboxing and zumba. When I first started I walked for about 30 minutes five days a week, and then started doing 10 minutes on the eliptical and then slowly working up to the kickboxing and zumba five days per week. If I can figure out how to upload pics I will try to do that so you can see the progress.

By the way, I went to the doctor for an unfill or decompression that they called it and it has been wonderful. I can eat again. I don't know if I said this on this post but I was vomiting a lot. I think it is good to take it slow on the fills. I was miserable when I couldn't eat anything and started getting a really negative attitude and didn't even want to try anymore. Everyone is different but that is how I reacted. Good luck to you.

I feel the same way! I was banded in December and the first few months went great but now I'm caving in to my cravings and I don't have the motivation to get to the gym after working nine hours and going to school full time. I've lost 30 pounds so far, but I have a goal of getting down to at least 190. Any advise??

The first couple of months were going so good! I was losing weight steadly and able to control my cravings. Now' date=' I feel hopeless. Im caving in to my cravings and I dont have support here at home. Also, my band is filled at 6 or 8, but Im still feeling hungry. I guess I need encouragement and support more than anything.[/quote']

I think that most people get to this point at some point. As long as you keep seeing your doctor and getting adjustments, they can tweak the amount each time you go, even if they add like .2cc each time. I was banded in Aug 2010 and I lost a total of 75lbs. I went from a size 20 to a size 8. I had a Tummy Tuck and arm lift 4 months ago. Plateauing is not fun, but try your best. The band is a tool to help you lose the weight. Think about what life is going to be like when you hit your goal! If you want to chat, feel free to message me. I'd love to help be a support in anyway I can!