Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

seguing here, speaking of food re: Otaknam's post, are cucumbers on the "don't" list of veggies for lapbanders, if not, has anyone had any problems with them? I made a tomato/ cucumber salad with EVVO & vinegar last night and took a bit or two and ended up with the hiccups for a good hour or so as well as a few PB's. The cukes kept repeating on me and after that, I don't want to taste or even smell another one, and I always loved them.

Meredith...i have cukes about three times a week. I do have to chew them really well...or else i start to get stuck. I'm not sure why that is with a cucumber but it happens. but I have them because, nutritionally, there's not a lot to have to count (calories, fat, carbs), but they are filling if for some reason, say, I happened not to bring enough Protein with me for lunch. I have found though that zucchini is also fairly low in carbs, but does have some protein and has Fiber. Our neighbor gave us some fresh from his garden, so I've been stir-frying that with some brown mushrooms, and just keep it on hand for a 1/4 cup of a side for lunch or dinner. I have eaten raw slice with ranch dressing, so maybe it might be a replacement for the cukes???

Thanks Chrissy, who knows, I wonder if I didn't chew it enough. I think I did have some PO surgery and didn't have a problem. Maybe due to my recent fill. Seems like it doesn't take alot of fill to get me restricted. Such a learning process but a positive one at that.

Hi everyone! I was having some trouble with the site this morning.

I survived the HS Graduation on Saturday. Did well at the dinner after- had salmon and some mashed potatoes, and a small piece of cake. BUT yesterday- another story. I did really well all day- did get stuck at dinner, I ate way too fast. Then an argument with my DH led me to 2- yes, 2- big bowls of ice cream. About 1000 calories worth. And I still feel sick today. But I logged it. And the dumb thing was- as I was eating, I thought, "I'm eating this because I"m angry at DH (d was not standing for dear at this moment) and I don't care! It tastes good, and I want it and I DESERVE it." So I ate it. And I'm not beating myself up about it, I've logged it and owned it and moved on. Today is an OP day!!!

How is everyone! Meredith, I haven't had cukes in awhile- but I know sometimes they cause burps even without LBS- that's why they have burpless varieties. Maybe try an English cuke, they're known to cause less burping.

Chrissy- I love zucchini- in really fattening zucchini bread! Which I won't be making any time soon! My mom used to saute it with onions and butter, that actually sounds really good to me now.

Well, so this last fill (however much it was, since he wouldn't tell me) has definitely made me have to slow down and chew!!! I got stuck on a little egg roll thingy, not a big bite I just didn't chew well and had several minutes of ick. Have any of you tried the papaya enzymes that are supposed to help if you get stuck- that or I also heard the enzymes in pineapple juice also can help with a stuck episode.

Well, today I have food planned, exercise will be elliptical later, and last week I turned up the resistance for my workout and am burning a lot more calories. So, one slip up is not going to derail my weight loss or my attitude!!!

I personally don't have a problem with English cukes, or salad, as long as I chew chew chew! I love salad and raw veggies, so its worth it to me! JDI, I had two nights this past week where I went out to dinner and over indulged...ice cream included...I have decided I won't look at the scale for a while, because I know that even though I went out nd had a good time, I still didn't eat as much as I would have in the past, and I still made better decisions than I would have (except thr ice cream part...) But I know that overall, I'm in a down wards trend, and this past fill, for me as well, has been the best one yet. My appetite is more controlled than ever before....more than every diet pill I have ever tried (a lot)...I'm having a tired lazy day today, but I'm about to start stripping my bed, cleaning up, etc...so. that should get me going! I have forgotten my fitbit at my boyfriends for the past days, and like Meredith said, I get mad when I don't wear it, cause I feel like I'm being cheated out of my steps! Oh well tomorrow is another day :)

Oh! Forgot to add...zucchini is amazing on the grill, with some evoo, salt and pepper...I have almost every veggie like that in the summer!

JDI: good attitude you have. Own it, logged it and moving on! That's all you can do.

HG: Thanks for the zucchini recipe. My thoughts once my DH {which the D stands for Dear, this week, but that can change at anytime haha} and I got through our surgeries and fills for the moment is to get my south beach diet book out and start pulling healthy grilling recipes out. He just had his second fill last week and now onto solids {I think I'm going to schedule our fills now for the same day which will make life easier}. Dear 16 yr old stepdaughter was visiting us for a week and is going back to Myrtle Beach this afternoon, so now I can make what we like.

We went to a 95th birthday party where there was Italian food catered. I didn't want to get stuck so I had the eggplant parmiagiana which was sooo gooey delish and a slider food for me. I decided to have a second helping as that's all I had. But I did get up on the dance floor and danced away some of the calories.However, I did go for the carrot cake for dessert. Like JDI, I owned it, logged it and moved on. It was a treat, not a treatmen.t

It seems from the consensus here, ice cream is the key word for this past weekend.I ate dinner with our in-laws and met up with my family last night after they went for Thai food. Ice cream is not my "crack food" but went for some Caramello flavor gelato. It was sooo good and wished I had asked for a medium size instead of a small but in the end, glad it was a small. HG, I have no plans on getting on the scale for the next few days either but will get on the treadmill.

Sounds like we're all learning to think with our heads not with our stomachs and tastebuds to choose the wrong things on this journey we chose for ourselves. Are we going to eat some of those foods that we know are not the best for us, absolutely, but as a treat every once in awhile. And, that's ok.

BIG SV today - I lost 5 lbs. in 4 days!!! That's more than I have lost in the last MONTH! I did lots of yard/house work on Saturday, treadmill for a little while both days and have been tracking my food, keeping under my allowance everyday except one. It paid off - praying that it stays off! That put me at reaching my first goal, which was to lose 30 lbs. Also had a NSV today - a co-worker told me that I was really "slimming down and looking good". After last week, I really needed to hear that. I think I will go home and take my measurements - something I haven't done in 6 months. Hope this is the beginning of finally getting over the hump slump I have been in the last few months. :)

That's AWESOME Savannah! Way to go!

Hi everyone! Hope your day is going well. I'm eating lunch slowly right now (1/2 c refried Beans and 4 oz canned chicken. Yum!

Zumba planned for tonight, love it! On Thursday I'm going down to my mom and dad's at the beach. My sister, brother in law and their 4 boys will be there. I can't wait to wear my real swimsuit instead of a huge tank top and cut off sweats!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nicki

Oh, and Savannah, that is awesome! Plateaus happen, but if you keep on making good decisions it too shall pass!

Well peeps...I'm off to use my free-apparel coupon at Sears Outlet. I might just get something a size too small to give me something to work toward!

Chrissy, get that little black dress we should all have hanging in our closets. LOL Good luck!

I don't have a Sear's outlet around me so I'm off to Lowe's {not the supermarket} for more hydrangea plants that are on sale. Can't wear them but can loose some calories by planting them! :P

alas...no little black dresses. However, I did pick up a pair of khaki capris. I have no summer bottoms. Well...I guess I do now. LOL.

Hello fellow January Bandsters! My surgery is scheduled for Jan. 5th!!! I have been on a liquid diet through Christmas and New years and now that the holidays are over hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here. I've lost 14 lbs that I will never see again. The liquid diet started out hard then got easy and now it's gotten hard again but I have been strong. I agree with one of the previous postings that it is the smell of food that gets to me even if I am not hungry. I also have to leave the room to avoid the smells. I have been drinking a lot of Muscle Milk Light and great tasting shakes from GNC called Lean shake. They have 170 calories and 25 grams of Protein. Once a day I also have a low fat strained Soup or some chicken broth and plenty of SF popsicles. Good luck everyone!!

Hi. I am a december bandster and I just have to say I love muscle milk !! I buy it @ Walmart because it's only $5.38 for a 4pack 8.25fl oz. Love the vanilla and coffee latte flavors. I wish they had a strawberry flavor too :)