Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Lap Band Surgery Tomorrow!!

My surgery has been tentatively scheduled for Dec 20th (tomorrow) since the beginning of November and I have been patiently waiting for my information to be sent into the insurance company for approval. The problem was because I was not actually in my program for the three months that was required by my insurance company, I ran a risk of being disapproved if my information was handed in too early. The woman that handles everything dealing with insurance wasn't able to send in all of my stuff until the middle of last week. We were waiting to hear back from them and come Friday, had heard nothing. Today was the day that I was to hear whether or not I was approved. I've been pacing around (great excessive) all morning waiting for a phone call from the woman at the surgeon's office to let me know if my insurance had approved the surgery or if it would have to be pushed back.

Welp, the call just came in and I've been APPROVED! I will officially be having surgery tomorrow, Dec 20th and I cannot be more excited! I'm also a nervous wreck now, but I am so ready for this. I'm so happy and just had to tell everyone!

Good morning, Congrats on ur procedure 2morrow!!! I am also having the Lap Band done 2morrow...

I am nervous and excited about this....today is Clear Liquids and no solids and to drink the cleanser to get ready for the procedure.....stay in touch with me so we can share our experiences....Good Luck and God Bless......

Congrats!! What a wonderful Holiday surprise!! Keep us posted on how it goes :)

Congrats... good luck.

Good morning, Congrats on ur procedure 2morrow!!! I am also having the Lap Band done 2morrow...

I am nervous and excited about this....today is clear liquids and no solids and to drink the cleanser to get ready for the procedure.....stay in touch with me so we can share our experiences....Good Luck and God Bless......

Thanks so much, I'll definitely keep in touch, it's great to have someone to share the experience with! I'm nervous and excited too. Good luck tomorrow!

Congrats!! What a wonderful Holiday surprise!! Keep us posted on how it goes smile.png

Indeed it is! I'm so happy! I'll keep ya'll updated, thanks for the support!

Congrats... good luck.

Thanks for the support!!

That is awesome! I am happy for you. My journey begins officially Thursday. I am ready. I look forward to hearing you story and following your success. Congratulations.teeth_smile.gif

Congrats to you both! Can't wait to hear how it goes...you're on your way to a new you!!!!

I AM ALSO BEING BANDED TOMORROW. I can not wait.. I am so ready to start this new process and change my life in soo many ways.. I am going to go and get a pair of jeans from American eagle that is the biggest size that they sell and I want to fit in them within 6 months! That is my first goal.. That would require dropping from an 18 to a 12!

Hi there! I have my band placed tomorrow as well...I am right there with you...nervous but so excited! I can't believe it's really happening! Like some of the others, i'd love for you to keep in touch. It will be kind of nice to have others who are going through the very same thing at the same time!

Good luck!!

That is awesome! I am happy for you. My journey begins officially Thursday. I am ready. I look forward to hearing you story and following your success. Congratulations.teeth_smile.gif

Good luck on your journey and thanks so much! It's a very exciting time!

Congrats to you both! Can't wait to hear how it goes...you're on your way to a new you!!!!

Thanks, Dianne! I'm hoping everything goes wonderfully!

I AM ALSO BEING BANDED TOMORROW. I can not wait.. I am so ready to start this new process and change my life in soo many ways.. I am going to go and get a pair of jeans from American eagle that is the biggest size that they sell and I want to fit in them within 6 months! That is my first goal.. That would require dropping from an 18 to a 12!

Yay! Another band-buddy! Make sure to keep in touch! I have some pants that haven't fit in a while and hope to be able to wear them again sometime soon.

Hi there! I have my band placed tomorrow as well...I am right there with you...nervous but so excited! I can't believe it's really happening! Like some of the others, i'd love for you to keep in touch. It will be kind of nice to have others who are going through the very same thing at the same time!

Good luck!!

Congratulations on getting banded tomorrow! I'll make sure to keep in touch! Good luck tomorrow and thank you!!

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing post-op? I am soooo sore but at least the horrible nausea that I had in recovery room has passed, and I've been able to drink a lot with only minimal-moderate discomfort.

How did all go for you? Good I hope...

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing post-op? I am soooo sore but at least the horrible nausea that I had in recovery room has passed, and I've been able to drink a lot with only minimal-moderate discomfort.

How did all go for you? Good I hope...

I meant to reply to this yesterday, but could hardly keep my eyes open. I've actually been doing pretty well. I was able to go home yesterday right before lunch time. They did the x-rays on me and everything looked fine. My only real complaints were due to gas pains, but walking helps that out a lot it seems; though, today, I did wake up feeling as if I was hit by a buy. I'm thinking it's because it's the first day I haven't been pumped full of meds throughout the night and because I laid on my side the entire night, which is not my normal routine while sleeping.

But yeah, all in all, everything went well and I'm feeling pretty good aside from some discomfort from sleeping, which I'm hoping will go away as my body starts waking up and moving around a bit more.

Sorry to hear that you got so nauseous in the recovery room! I had to tell my anesthesiologist that I have tendency to get sick after waking up from sugery, so they gave me some extra meds to help calm that.

I hope you're doing better today with the nausea and any soreness you may be experiencing! Hang in there!

Glad to hear you are home! Hope each day is getting better. I am feeling not so great...sore, swollen, gas, etc. Still taking pain meds but hoping to be more normal by Christmas eve.

Can't believe I'm banded!