Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Do This Together!!!!

Ok - Im starting this so all of us - March Bandsters can do this together!!!!

My surgery date is scheduled for March 7th, 2012 and I start my PRE OP on February 22nd, 2012.

Anyone else in March?

Hello,I am hoping to get my date set soon I think it will be in march,i am with you and hope to get on board!:)

I'm March 15th. Start pre-op March 1st but actually I've already started getting used to the Protein Shakes.< /p>

Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for the latter part of March. Can't wait! Remember...."I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"!! Good luck to you all! smile.png

I am hoping to be a March Bandster, my goal is to have the surgery on March 9 or 12. I have been working with my insurance and my insurance on the process. My insurance requires and BMI of 35 with co-morbidity or at least 40 without and I am about 42 so I have that down. They also require a psych evaluation which I did yesterday and he will send a copy to my insurance and surgeon by Tuesday. When my surgeon gets it he will send in the approval letter to my insurance. He is having me do the Pre Op class on 2/8 even though I don't have my surgery scheduled yet and I will start the pre op diet when I get back from Vegas the week of February 13. I am so excited for this and I hope it works out the way I want it to and from what my surgeon said it should. I have been doing everything that I can on my end to make the process nice and smooth and I am hoping my case worker will do the same. :)

Tracie Steves :)

i have mine scheduled for march 14! i have already started the Protein Shakes too. i am so excited and a bit nervous all at same time. its cool to think this time next year will be a whole new me! glad to be on this site w you all!smile.png

Just found out that I have pretty much the whole month of March available for time off at work so I am hoping for a speedy approval. It would be great if I could have the surgery the first Monday in March but I am not holding my breathe. The latest I can have it is the last week of March, otherwise I will have to wait until June do to scheduling at work. That would make me so sad.

Still waiting on my Psych Eval. My surgeon got the results last Tuesday but the lady in the Behavioral Health department for my insurance company claims she hasn't gotten the multiple faxes. :( HAPPY THOUGHTS is all I got! :)

Ok Pre Op Feb 22nd - Surgery March 7th @ 9:20am

Surgery is on March 20th. I am trying to get a jump on Protein Shakes & liquids. I would like to be at Breakfast & lunch = Protein shakes and 1 dinner meal by my pre-op on March 6th. I am getting really excited, and I am so glad I found this website!

I am so super excited. I talked to my Case Worker with my insurance's Bariatric Resource center today and she gave me the okay to have my surgeon call for a surgery date. She sees no reason why March will not work. I told my surgeon that I would prefer the first or second Monday in March so we will see what happens. I am so happy today that I am dancing in my desk at work. Pre-Op class is tomorrow and it would be amazing if they could tell me my date then. WoooHoooo March Bandsters! bananapowerslide.gif

I just got my surgery date on yesterday. March 15th. Woooo Hooo! I haven't really gotten nervous, but I think the closer I get, that will change. I'm so looking forward to this and becoming a new me inside and out.

March 1st here! I will be posting with updates the whole way! Super excited!!!!!

well i just found out something that really set me bACK for a minute...i am pretty organized girl and thought i asked all the right ?s during this process...but i forgot to ask one important ?.. i have Blue Blue shield Fed insurance. i have had to pay $35.oo co-pay each time i have seen the surgeon for my pre-approval process. so i just assumed once i started going to get my band filled, that would be what i would be paying. i havent read anything different, when i called ins company when i started this process, they never mentioned it and the surgoen office didnt mention this. but i got to thinkg and figured i better not assume..i called ins company and surgoen office and they both told me that i will have to pay $150 each time i get my bad filled bc my ins company considers the fills as an "out patient procedure"....i was really upset when i first heard this and kinda got depressed about if this was all worth it. but after talking it all out with my husband and friends, i am still proceeding with my surgery. i have already invested so much time, money and work into this and thank goodness i can finacially afford these co-pays. i have a friend who had lap ban done a few yrs ago and has united healthcare for her ins and she says she hasnt had to pay anything for her fills all this time..the only reason im posting this is because i cant imagine im the only person who didnt know that there could be larger co-pays for the fills. as i said, its not going to stop my from doing this but im just glad i found out now and can plan accordingly versus finding out when i got there for my first fill!!!!! so just FYI for everyone else..... 001_huh.gif

I don't have a date scheduled yet but hoping for March 26! I don't know about all of you, but this has been a decision I have struggled with for over 3 years. I have personally known only positive outcomes from the surgery, but I still hear about others that have had horrible experiences. I know it is the best for me and I am excited to begin this journey with all of you!! Good Luck Everyone!!!

weight.png

Make that March 22!! Nervous but excited. Now to see if my parents will be supportive in the whole process!!