Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many CC is your Lap Band Filled until you're not hungry?

What does a Tight Band fell like???? Being in the "Green Zone"?

I'm sitting here at my laptop, having my Breakfast - a Protein shake with some mixed berries, mixed in a blender.

I have to take small slow sips and swallows, and with each swallow I can feel it pass through my band, and if I keep my mouth open you can hear it "Gurgle" as it slowly passes.

I'll probably have 2 cups of coffee before heading out to work, but other than Water that I have with me all day, that's it!

I'm satisfied! No interest in anything additional to eat.

I cannot even get interested in what I may (or may not) eat for lunch, let alone dinner! NO INTEREST!

I used to be obsessed with food!!!

That's being at that "Sweet Spot"

It's not a feeling of being "Full", as if you've overeaten, it is more of a "Lack of Interest" in eating. I believe it is a signal the band sends to the brain, same as if you were full, but you're not full, telling you "You Don't Have To Eat".........make sense???

But can you eat more if you want or does the band set a limit o stop you? I don't feel all that hungry but I can eat way more than 4 ounces if I want to. I've never gotten stuck either. food slows Down sometimes. I think I'm close.

B-52

I have gotten stuck a couple of times & it sucks, its painful & causes anxiety for me. Once after a fill I was so hungry I tried to eat like a crocket ( which is small & not hard) but it wouldn't go down after the 2nd bite i could feel it not be able to pass & then it was an uo & down feeling in my esophogus. It was trippy & lasted for about 15 mins. My problem is that I do get hungry & the Protein shakes don't satisfy me at all!! I take2 scoops of the Synergistic Protein Complex High 5 which has 26g each scoop, 1g sugar, 1g carbs& only 118 calories. I've definitely platued but honestly I don't got to the gym every other day as I would like because I work in surgery long hours & I do so much physical activity that by the time im done at work I'm too rexhausted!!

How can I control my hunger better?? I don't want to be so tight that I cant eat anything but liquids but at the same time I need to jump start my weightloss again. Also how do you get your ticker to change the weight & keep updated?

same problem here! i've had three or four fills and i'm not even sure how much is in my band, but i know i'm not at my sweet spot! i can still eat pretty much anything, just not a lot of it. So, patience is key and going to the dr. for adjustments often!!! my dr. will see me every two weeks if i can commit the time to go. I'm feeling like i have been letting too much time go by without getting back to the dr. but that is absolutely necessary in order for this to work.

good luck to you all! this is an amazing site and everyone is so helpful

I had my band surgery Feb 2009. Small slow fill at first. Started having sever lower back and hip pain and stopped losing! Turn out I had been bone on bone left hip for approx5 yrs. That surgery resulted in an emergency surgery approx. It has been a yr and the fill I am at is partially restrictive and I am not losing much at all.

Now I am having acid reflux wake me up choking on bile. Keeps me awake and have even bought a wedge for bad nights. Is this happening to anyone else regardig this or similar? Seem worse if I wake up having rolled onto my stomach in any way. Please share what you have had happened. Thank you!!

I have 8cc in a 10cc band (I think) and I am in the green zone. I was there twice before and then plaeaued and got fills. The last one was only 0.3cc but it helped me get off the plateau of 155 pounds. The one before was 1.7 I think...they will show up on my ticker when I post.

how do you know when you are there

I too have a 10 cc band. I have a lot of issues with acid reflux so I can't go too tight. But before I started getting the reflux problems I felt fantastic restriction at 6cc's. Good luck and don't give up!

what does restriction feel like

how do you know when you are there

Well in the mornings I usually have a Protein Drink because I am too tight for solid food, then during the day I eat about a half a cup of food whenever I am hungry and I stop when I feel full. Sometimes I still want to overeat and I even try to but I get pretty uncomfortable if I eat a few more bites. Then later in the evening my band is looser (just like my wedding ring is, due to normal body Fluid shifts) and I could snack all evening but I have to have some will power. I usually have a cocktail or a glass of wine as a bargain with myself not to eat after dinner...

what does restriction feel like

It is different for everybody. For me it is filling not hungry anymore, full.

I have 9cc in a 14cc band. I just had my 6th fill 3 days ago and I actually fill the same tightness i felt with the last fill. I can eat very little before noon.

that sucks so are u saying that u only have 2cc in ur band and u had ur surgery in May? I didn't have anything in my band after surgery but my first fill was 3cc and I hope when I go back she at least puts 2cc more cause I really don't have time for every month visit to .5cc I mean come on i could understand if u was feeling restricted but not if u feel u can eat the same as before like i do.

Carfigure I had about 3cc in the band. I recently changed fill doctors and have a little restriction (little) right now. It's a lot better in the mornings than the afternoons. I can still eat with ease in the afternoons.

each person is different. I currently have 6cc in my band. I had my last fill in December 2011. I have been banded for almost one year.

I've had 2 fills my first fill was 6.25cc on Nov 4 2011. I don't know my seconds fill amount on Dec 12. I get another fill Monday Jan 16 2012.

I started at 230lb this morning I'm at 198lb.I still don't have the full feeling,I eat about 16oz or more before I feel full.But if I did not do my exercises I don't lose any wight I know this because when I don't work out for the week I gain weight.

My Doc. has me eating 60 to 80 grams of Protein

and no more then 30 carbs a day I do my best at the carbs to keep them that low its hard

I have a 10cc band and have had one fill which they put 5ccs of Fluid in. I have restriction but I am not in the green zone yet. I am going for another fill on the 19th of this month. I will see what they say :)

I have a 10cc band and I am filled to about 6.75 now. I don't feel restriction unless I am really hungry and take too big of a bite. The band has not helped control my hunger. I have been on phentermine for 2 months and now I am weaning back to 4 days a week of taking the pill. I think I need another fill, but the PA is concerned that I have too much now. She is happy with my weightloss and I think that is the reason she doesn't want to add anymore to the band. I weigh and measure everything I eat and I have accepted that that is all I get. The only dissappointment I have with the band is that I feel hungry within 2 to 2.5 hours after eating.

That's a individual question, that I don't think will help you out. The bands are all different in size, the surgeons have different methods of instillation. "Mine is stitched into the stomach to help prevent slippage." were all different...

I have a 4cc band with !.5cc in the band. I need a fill, I feel like I am starving. Munching on everything, but trying to keep it low cal.... My fill line is 2.5cc.

The thing is though not to get hung up on the numbers. It needs to go by how you feel. I learned that. There are times when 2cc is a little to much for me. Remember ! You have to figure the Fluid in the tubing, and the band. Everyone just thinks it's in the band. Well when they stick a needle in you to adjust you, and Fluid back fills in the syringe, try sitting up like crunches a few times, and see if more comes up, because there is always a little left in the band that never gets counted.

If you had 2 fills and you had 4cc in your band. A tech sticks in a needle and says 3.75 in the band. Now you know you had 4cc. She said it evaporated "YEGH RITE!" so she gives you 1.25 to bring you to your fill line. Well guess what ! your over the fill line, you now have 5.25 in the band, and your in the RED ZONE. So keep track of whats in your band, but don't get hung up on the numbers.