Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Music - Whats your flavor?

...on what Kat said. Though I like country, I also like the 70's rock scene. Edgar Winter, Black Oak Arkansas, Blue Oyster Cult, Three Dog Night, etc..etc..etc...Love Lionel Richie from later on as well. I've seen all these guys and would love to go again...if some of them still existed...!!!

My husband LOVES Enya and I think all her music sounds the same!!!

He says my twangy music sounds like someone is trying to have a bowel movement and can't quite get there....

I have seen Blue Oyster Cult 3 times, Three Dog Night 4 times and BTO 2 times!

They always play in my area every 6-8 months.

already have a bunch of Baez, Guthrie, Dylan and most of the 'big' names. Was hoping some old hippies could turn me onto some lesser known artists.

Buckwheat and Zydeco

I am not old... but pretty close to a hippie on most days :-)

Some of my classic favs: Simon & Garfunkel, The Allman Brothers, Richie Havens, Joan Baez, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Janis Joplin, Poco, The Animals, Joe Crocker, Cream, The Guess Who, Arlo Guthrie, Jefferson Airplane, Jethro Tull, Zeppelin, Lennon, Loggins & Messina, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Mamas and the Papas, The Moody Blues, The New Riders of the Purple Sage, The Rascals, Sly and the Family Stone, Cat Stevens

Still touring: Govt' Mule, Ratdog, The Flaming Lips, The Roots, Yard Dogs Road Show, The String cheese Incident, Uncle Earl, Railroad Earth...

That should keep you busy for awhile... there are PLENTY more where those came from :-) just let me know. I was just running through my music folder on my PC

Simon & Garfunkel: Have all their albums (in vinyl also due to my father being a fan)

The Allman Brothers: I like some of their songs and already have those I like

Richie Havens: I liked his version of "Here Comes the Sun" and "Motherless Child"

Joan Baez: Sorry, I don't care for her music

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: I have the albums, "Deja Vu", "So Far" and "Four Way Street"

Janis Joplin: I like "Me and Bobby McGee" and "Move Over" but thats pretty much it...

Poco: Who?

The Animals: Come on...have a little faith in me! Of course I am huge Animals Fan!

Joe Crocker: Not listened to much of his stuff will give him a go.

Cream: Great Band with even Greater songs

The Guess Who: Proof Canada can do SOMETHING right

Arlo Guthrie: OOH OOH!!! I got to see him in concert also!! Alice's Restaurant changed the way I view folk music forever.

Jefferson Airplane: Thank god if you had said "Jefferson Starship" I would have hunt you down and replace all your music with Boy Band music.

Jethro Tull: I skipped my High School graduation to see them in concert. Need I say more?

Zeppelin: *bows down to the altar of Zeppelin*

Lennon: Its Lennon, you HAVE to like his music or your not human or somthing

Loggins & Messina: Hmm....ok you had me stumped there also! Will give them a try

The Lovin' Spoonful: "... If you believe in magic don't bother to choose

If it's jug band music or rhythm and blues

Just go and listen it'll start with a smile

It won't wipe off your face no matter how hard you try

Your feet start tapping and you can't seem to find

How you got there, so just blow your mind..."

The Mamas and the Papas: Simply beautiful music

The Moody Blues: I got VERY weird looks because I listened to Moody Blues in High School.

The New Riders of the Purple Sage: Who?

The Rascals: I always had a hard time with Soul music

Sly and the Family Stone: See above

Cat Stevens: I have his Greatest hits collection but thats about it.

my favorite song at the moment is COLLIDE by howie day. i like train and u2, but i like all kinds , tim mcgraw skies go blue , mercy me, a christian band, i love pretty much anything that is positive and uplifting, i hate heartache songs and angry women music. yuck. give me a little prince CREAM, now that is sex music. britney spears BREATH. great sexy music. also check out hooverphonics. great to relax and mellow to.......

Simon & Garfunkel: Have all their albums (in vinyl also due to my father being a fan)

The Allman Brothers: I like some of their songs and already have those I like

Richie Havens: I liked his version of "Here Comes the Sun" and "Motherless Child"

Joan Baez: Sorry, I don't care for her music

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young: I have the albums, "Deja Vu", "So Far" and "Four Way Street"

Janis Joplin: I like "Me and Bobby McGee" and "Move Over" but thats pretty much it...

Poco: Who?

The Animals: Come on...have a little faith in me! Of course I am huge Animals Fan!

Joe Crocker: Not listened to much of his stuff will give him a go.

Cream: Great Band with even Greater songs

The Guess Who: Proof Canada can do SOMETHING right

Arlo Guthrie: OOH OOH!!! I got to see him in concert also!! Alice's Restaurant changed the way I view folk music forever.

Jefferson Airplane: Thank god if you had said "Jefferson Starship" I would have hunt you down and replace all your music with Boy Band music.

Jethro Tull: I skipped my High School graduation to see them in concert. Need I say more?

Zeppelin: *bows down to the altar of Zeppelin*

Lennon: Its Lennon, you HAVE to like his music or your not human or somthing

Loggins & Messina: Hmm....ok you had me stumped there also! Will give them a try

The Lovin' Spoonful: "... If you believe in magic don't bother to choose

If it's jug band music or rhythm and blues

Just go and listen it'll start with a smile

It won't wipe off your face no matter how hard you try

Your feet start tapping and you can't seem to find

How you got there, so just blow your mind..."

The Mamas and the Papas: Simply beautiful music

The Moody Blues: I got VERY weird looks because I listened to Moody Blues in High School.

The New Riders of the Purple Sage: Who?

The Rascals: I always had a hard time with Soul music

Sly and the Family Stone: See above

Cat Stevens: I have his Greatest hits collection but thats about it.

OK, say what? :car: You have every Simon and Garfunkel album on vinyl? [gets down on one knee] Will you marry me?? hahahaha I've even seen them live. They are my favorite musicians. I have a severe soft spot for them.

OK, well let me give you a bit more of what Brandi has in the old playlist today. This will be the other side of the spectrum. We will see just how many musicians...you know.

I am pretty freakin impressed so far. But beware... I can name musicians all night! My latest find... is a black-metal band from Sweden called Eluveitie. They have a guy that plays the bag-pipes... Freakin' awesome. It is classified as "folk" "ethnic" heavy (or black) metal...

I am 1 part classical performance arts, 1 part hippie... and 1 part mosh pit...on the rocks. (shaken not stirred) You will see that with this list.

Opiate, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Hurt, Shadows Fall, Celtic Frost, Viviod, Lacuna Coil, Slipknot, Kittie, Eluveitie, In flames, Nothing Face, Cradle of Filth, OTEP, Anah Aevia, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Phish, The Grateful Dead, String cheese, Pink Floyd, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Rusted Root, In Flames, A Perfect Circle, propagandhi, rancid, Hurt, from autumn to ashes, the used, strung out, coheed and cambria, atreyu, joan jett, circle jerks, black sabbath, elvis presley, misfits, sublime, Yulara, pennywise, radiohead, nine inch nails, Primus, mr bungle, nirvana, melvins, the clash, ramones, Rammstein, sum 41 (a few not all), the cure, offspring (old stuff), cypress hill, in flames, they might be giants, red hot chili peppers, janes addictiion, creedence clearwater revival, beck, sugarcult, adema, black flag, faith no more, sworn enemy, transplants, butthole surfers, mission of burma, foo fighters, green day, minutemen, anthrax, fall out boy, bas religion, less than jake, rancid, rise against, yellow card, linkin Park, Mary J Blige, Ludacris, Staind, DMX, Chevelle, Korn, Incubus, System of a Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, P.O.D., Rage against the Machine, Tom Petty, Dave Matthews, Seether, The Cure, 311, Counting Crows...

There is JUST what is in my current playlist... that doesn't count everything else in the computer harddrive... in my CD cases... and on vinyl on the shelves. See if there is anything strange in THERE that stumps ya.

I am 1 part classical performance arts, 1 part hippie... and 1 part mosh pit...on the rocks. (shaken not stirred)

hmm...you single? :heh:

Bring on the music!!!

Opiate: The album? Yeah I like some of Tool's stuff

Disturbed: I liked their early stuff mainly

Stone Sour: A buddy of mine introduced me to this band. I have thier second album and play it when I am in a metal mood

Hurt: I play Vol. 1 when I am in a dark mood

Shadows Fall: I liked thier early stuff but they have kinda fallen off my radar. Thanks for reminding me of them though. I will have to download some songs.

Celtic Frost: I know who they are but thats it...

Viviod: Who? (Stump #1!)

Lacuna Coil: again, I have heard of them. A couple classmates were into gothic metal big time.

Slipknot: I like some of thier songs but I have never been much of a fan of the "wall of sound" genre.

Kittie: I had the album "Oracle" but it got destroyed so I just have it on my hard drive

Eluveitie: Who? (Stump #2!)

In flames: Who? (Stump #3!)

Nothing Face: Heard of them but thats about it...

Cradle of Filth: The british 'do' metal SO well...plus they are great to head bang to...

OTEP: They opened for static-x where I was...good mosh music

Anah Aevia: .........umm...Gesundheit?...I think...

Three Days Grace: My sister...through repeated playing of this bands music has ruined any appreciation I could have had lol

Breaking Benjamin: I like thier big hits ("So Cold", "Sooner or Later", etc.)

Chevelle: For muscle cars I am more of a Pontiac and Dodge fan...oh wait this is music...

Phish: Meh...never could get into them

The Grateful Dead: Heh, I am listening to "Ripple" right now

String Cheese: Heard of them...will have to check them out

Pink Floyd: I have every single Pink Floyd album.

The Who: Got a bunch of thier music on my hard drive

Jimi Hendrix: Its Hendrix...anybody who does not like Hendrix is not human also!

Lynyrd Skynyrd: Saw them in concert last year and the year before. Love 'em

Rusted Root: One of my fathers friends introduced me to them.

In Flames: Who?

A Perfect Circle: An amazing group, one of the few supergroups that work very well IMHO.

propagandhi: I have heard of them in passing

rancid: Buddy of mine is a huge rancid fan I have to listen to their music or else he will kick my ass.

Hurt: The Cash song or the NIN song? if its a band I am stumped

from autumn to ashes: Who?

the used: A highly underrated band IMO

strung out: Who?

coheed and cambria: Prog rock is not my thing

atreyu: I have their "best of" album

joan jett: I saw her in concert at the county fair this year. Love her music

circle jerks: I am a big hardcore fan in the first place.

black sabbath: The lords of metal...period!

elvis presley: For the time period he occupied I perfer Jerry Lee and Orbison to be honest.

misfits: Like I said I am a Hardcore fan

sublime: Meh...I can take or leave them. "What I Got" is a good song though.

Yulara: Who?

pennywise: Awesome band

radiohead: Another great band

nine inch nails: Oddly, I could never get into thier music

Primus: Heard of them but thats it

mr bungle: Who?

nirvana: I am more of a Pearl Jam and Blind Melon fan.

melvins: your the second person to mention them to me...will have to check them out.

the clash: most of thier songs are sitting in my Punk folder on my hard drive

ramones: See Above

Rammstein: My favorite band!!! (A spot shared by one other) I have every album and all of the DVD's and every song possible to find on the internet on my computer!

sum 41 (a few not all): I agree, After "All Kill No Filler" they kinda lost thier luster for me.

the cure: Without them there would be no Alt. Rock as we know it.

offspring (old stuff): I agree thier old stuff is better

cypress hill: Never liked them

in flames: Who?

they might be giants: A very odd group...but I like some of thier songs

red hot chili peppers: Easily in my top 5 fav. bands of all time

janes addiction: Alternative Icons...great band!

creedence clearwater revival: My father was a big fan, so he made sure I was also.

beck: I like his early stuff mainly

sugarcult: Who?

adema: Who?

black flag: one of my Favorite Punk band!

faith no more: I liked some of thier songs but not all of it.

sworn enemy: Great headbanging and moshing music

transplants: I like them

butthole surfers: Heard of them

mission of burma: Heard of them

foo fighters: A great band

green day: what can I say? its Green Day!

minutemen: I discovered the band when I found the documentary "We Jam Econo" and have since been a fan.

anthrax: Love them

fall out boy: I like the stuff off thier latest album

bas religion : Who?

less than jake: I liked the album "Losing Streak"

rancid: Good Band

rise against: my sisters boyfreind is a big fan. As am I (This boyfreind is better than the last one IMO lol)

yellow card: How many Punk bands can pull off having a violin!

linkin Park: Preppie music...blech

Mary J Blige: I know who she is but I will only listen to her music if I am getting a lap dance to it :waytogo:

Ludacris: See Above

Staind: I can take or leave them, but you have to respect what they have done though.

DMX: Don't like him or his music

Korn: Their early stuff is thier best stuff

Incubus: Good band I have some of their stuff

System of a Down: Love their music

P.O.D.: None of their stuff made me want to buy or download anything.

Rage against the Machine: Early stuff is thier best

Tom Petty: He is up their with Rammstein sharing the Number one spot. You have Great taste in music!

Dave Matthews: Saw them in concert 2 years ago

Seether: A good band, I like a few of their songs

311: To positive for my tastes but they have some good songs

Counting Crows: Never could get into them...weird I know...

MY Turn!

(+44), Def Leppard, Great White, Motley Crue, Night Ranger, Poison, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Scorpions, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Alan Parsons Project, Alice Cooper, Amon Amarth, Aqua, Billy Idol, Blink-182, Bloodhound Gang, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Chris Isaak, Dropkick Murphys, Elton John, Eminem, Foghat, Guns and Roses, Harry Chapin, Harry Nillson, Insane Clown Posse (ICP), Iggy Pop, Wolfe Tones, Flogging Molly, The pogues, Kingston Trio, Clannad, Loreena McKennitt, The Waterboys, Johnny Cash, Judas Priest, KISS, Meatloaf, Megadeth, Metallica, AFI, Alien Ant Farm, Barenaked Ladies, Beastie Boys, Billy Joel, Blind Melon, Blue October, Everclear, Fountains of Wayne, Golden Earring, Gorillaz, Grand Funk Railroad, Jimmy Eat World, Matisyahu, Styx, Tears for Fears, The Fray, Third Eye Blind, 3 Doors Down, Velvet Revolver, Blue Oyster Cult, The Box Tops, Bush, BTO, Dire Straits, All American Rejects, Don Mclean, The Castaways, Chuck berry, The Eagles, Morris Day & The Time, Otis Redding, Pete Seeger, The Proclaimers, Robert Palmer, Smokie, Ted Nugent, Steppenwolf, Terry Jacks, The Beach Boys, strawberry Alarm Clock, The Temptations, The trashmen, Three Dog Night, Blue Man Group, Iron Maiden, Kid Rock (early stuff), Oomph!, Paradise Lost, Bathory, Biohazard, Candlemass, Devo, Ensiferum, Don Felder, Motorhead, Nick Drake, Nickleback, The Godfathers, Anti-Flag, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Sex Pistols, Queen, REM, Savage Garden, Smash Mouth, The Travelling Wilburys, The Doors, The Subways, The Young Dubliners, Thin Lizzy, Warren Zevon, ZZ Top

I can't remember if I've replied to this thread or not.

Anyway, I like a little bit of everything. Currently, I'm most into classic rock, but I also like a little country (Alabama, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, classic Garth Brooks, etc.), blues, pop (yes, I was an Nsync fan, stop laughing), even hip-hop (Kanye West, Black Eyed Peas, etc.).

I too can't remember if I replied to this thread. You name it, I like it!

I've seen the Dead over 100 times, so that should set the stage for my musical diversity.

Love Zep, Madonna and Garth Brooks equally!!!

Too many to list, but music is a huge part of my life.

I even had sex in Elvis' pool!

Great thread, but there is just too much to type for me, but love reading everyone's posts!

peaceout:hippie::violin::drum::rockon::Banane41::):P:car: (LOL...love that last banana)