Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Music - Whats your flavor?

Leener! You left out Blue Oyster Cult!

More cowbell!!

ROFL!!

I actually really do like B.O.C and have their albums.

I also can't believe I forgot Duran Duran. I edited. Top all time fav for me. I always forget and leave someone out. I've been lucky enough to have seen everyone on my list live but the classical composers (I'm not 400 years old...but I'm working on it!) and Led Zeppelin.

WOW! I'm in the company of only 2 people here, DeeDee (Divaliciousdee) and Illude. I love Chris Brown (Run It, Run It), Kanye (but not his attitude), Fitti Cent (lol) and G Unit, etc. I love Regae too especially Bob Marley. I'm dying to get the new CD by Jamie Fox. I guess you can take the girl out of Brooklyn but not the Brooklyn out of the girl (or old lady since I'm 54).

Chris S.

:bump2:Thought this thread might be worth a bump.

A more appropriate question for me might be what do I not like or possibly what am I currently listening to.

Some of my Fav's range from - Louis Armstrong, to Rammstein, Marilyn Manson & even Snoop Dogg.

I couldn't even tell you the names of most of the newer bands I listen to. I was on a kick of listening to Club/Gangster Rap but now I'm on a "Goth" kick.

I recently found an online radio station called "The Putre Factor" which is part of HotGoth.net. It has over 13,500 songs and runs exclusivly on viewer requests. No DJ's picking the music. A song you request usually plays in less than 5 minutes. Honestly I don't work for them, nor am I affiliated with the site in any way just love the format. Only downside would be I'm not thrilled with the level of banner ads that come with it. But then I'm listening not watching.

My co-workers love to tease me about my music fads. They just can't get me. Near 40 year old christian mother and wife who likes to turn the radio up so loud on the way to work they can hear me pulling in the parking lot from inside the building.

I love country, country. I would leave my sweet wonderful husband for George Strait. And there is nothing like Texas country music.

George Strait is my favorite. Martina Mcbride; no one in the world can sing like her. Have you ever heard her sing The Star Spangled Banner. It will make you cry. Brooks and Dunn are great too. Their song, "I Believe", will make you cry. Oh, I almost forgot Willie Nelson. My gosh, I love to hear him sing. I love to hear him sing "Georgia". Now he is one true Texas----minus the weed and the dope that has consumed his life!!

I love country, country. I would leave my sweet wonderful husband for George Strait. And there is nothing like Texas country music.

George Strait is my favorite. Martina Mcbride; no one in the world can sing like her. Have you ever heard her sing The Star Spangled Banner. It will make you cry. Brooks and Dunn are great too. Their song, "I Believe", will make you cry. Oh, I almost forgot Willie Nelson. My gosh, I love to hear him sing. I love to hear him sing "Georgia". Now he is one true Texas----minus the weed and the dope that has consumed his life!!

Claramae, how about "Whiskey River", "The Party's Over", "Pancho and Lefty" and "Seven Spanish Angels"?:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: I saw George Strait in person and he sounded as good as he does recorded. Great concert!!! I was raised on country music and love the sound from the 70's especially. However, my all time favorite female singer is Diana Ross.

Uniqueone---It is my dream to go to a George Strait concert. But I can never get tickets. To be in the same room with him, breathing in the air he is breathing out---OMG.

I am on a big 60's/70's singer-songwriter kick (mainly folk music)

I am currently going through ALL of Nick Drake's stuff. I have a feeling I am going to want more of that style though. Any suggestions?

Uniqueone---It is my dream to go to a George Strait concert. But I can never get tickets. To be in the same room with him, breathing in the air he is breathing out---OMG.

When I went to see George, Terri Clark opened for him. You can't get much better than that!!

already have a bunch of Baez, Guthrie, Dylan and most of the 'big' names. Was hoping some old hippies could turn me onto some lesser known artists.

We have seen George in concert twice---once Kathy Mattea opened for him, and we also saw the year Terri Clark was his opener. He is the same, on TV, at awards shows, and in concert---both years on stage he was gracious and put on a great family concert.

Kat

ok I feel like the outsider...I LOVE Spanish music...Aventura is my fav as well as Don Omar, Wisen y Yandel, RKM & ken -Y, Monchie & Alexandra plus a bunch of others.

I also like R&B and rap plus a mix of some "pop" alternative.

Jessica---no one is an outsider!!! I listen to all types of music, pretty much. Not a big huge rap fan, but love 70's rock!

I mentioned George Strait in concert, because he had been mentioned. I have also seen Alice Cooper twice, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, more recently Korn, & Evanesence (sp?), become a bit groupy with John (Cougar) Mellancamp for awhile, have been to see him 12 times!!! We've seen Toby Keith, Bob Segar, David Allan Coe, White Snake, Celine Dion....a wide variety!!!

My Dad likes some of what he refers to as long hair classical---I do not like it.

I love to dance to Spanish music!!! Around here with weddings and Quincineiras (sp?) we get to quite often!!!!

Kat

Kat

Nothing gets me moving like Spanish music does!!! I have been to 2 concerts this year by my favorite group - Aventura - and I didnt sit down the entire time! Even drove down to Virginia with a friend to see them!!