Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby 3mths, not losing weight

Hi June 1st I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy and with that I gained 75lbs. After birth I lost 10lbs of baby so I'm not counting that and only 10lbs of me. My Dr, said he filled me back to where I was before but I can eat a lot more than I should be. Any one else having trouble losing weight after pregnancy????

well i wasnt banded when i gave birth last year, but I can tell you if took my body 6 months to get back to normal. My hormones were crazy. I also had pregnancy hypertension which didnt help. Are you breast feeding? I know pumpin/feedin helps burn calories very fast. Your womb is still shrinking so give it a little bit.

I lost 26lbs within the first 3 weeks and I am still gaining and losing the same 3lbs. Im really discouraged :( I havent had anything done to my band since my slight unfill when I was 11 weeks, and half the time now my band still feels tight so I am not able to eat as much as I should be since Im breastfeeding. I really wish I could get more of this weight off faster.

I had a baby while banded 2 years ago and I've struggled ever since :( I have gained 45 lbs since having her and tried being filled twice but both times I had severe reflux and had to have it taken out. I believe that the labor of having her naturally shifted my band and I'm going in again next month to talk to my Dr about it...

I had a healthy baby boy 7/4/11 and gained roughly 50 lbs but already had 30 lbs I wanted to lose when I got pregnant. My little one is 3 months 2 weeks I'm filled to 6 cc breastfeeding and ravenous. Plus I've only lost 30 lbs right away and nothing more. I need to hit the gym and get another fill but you would think the weight would start to budge. It's so hard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches