Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

It was supposed to come up as a thread for everyone banded in august of 2011!

We have the same birthday and we're the same age, I won't be banded until September 6th. So hello fello virgo!

I was banded on August 10th!

Hi! My name's Bailey and I was banded august 2nd! I'm 25 and I live in phoenix.

My highest weight was 306. Lost 20 lbs prior to surgery so my surgery day weigh in was 286. Currently I'm 272 at 11 days post op. Started between a 24 and a 26 and bought size 20 pants yesterday! I haven't seen a size 20 since high school!

I'm married now for about a year and 1/2... No babies yet! That's a makorcreason shy ingot the surgery!

Oh my... That last sentence was suppose to say "thats a major reason why I got this surgery" haha

14 lbs in 11 days! This is wonderful!

Hi. My surgery date is august 16.

Going through a divorce. His loss. Haha !!

Hello August Banders or just fellow Banders!

I'm Cara! I was banded August 11, 2011

Starting weight 23. I have two amazing children, my daughter is 3 and my son will be ONE on the 9/1.

I'm feeling better today, had a good nights sleep and I DO need to take the pain meds. It pouring here in NY and was going to take my daughter to the movies to try and get out. Im feeling daring...we'll see.

So far: no gas pains, I definitly have to keep getting up every few hours to walk, I do my laps, yesterday went for a walk with my daughter and have been taking the tylenol with codine and took the sleeping pill last night. It's weird caue I dont even like to take advil but I will take my meds they prescribed me as long as I feel I dont need them....which will hopefully be soon.

Good to see other Aug Banders or A11's as you have dubbed us Caryn LOL Hope you are feeling well, we had the surgery the same date. Do you live in Australia or just had the surgey there?? Best of Luck on our journey!!

Hello all. My name is Trish. I was banded 8/4/11 by Dr. McDowell in Nashville. Starting weight was 380. Weight day of surgery was 267 and todays weight is 253. Started in a size 32 now at about a 30 closer to 28.

I have been married for 24 years this month and have 3 kids (all boys) ages 26, 22, and 19.

Good luck to all August Banders.

Hey all. My name is Jamie. I'm 36 , happily divorced, and was banded august 11th. My band was "installed" using micro surgery which was cool. I only have one incision in my belly button and some tiny freckle size punctures. I'm doing well aside from the shoulder pain which goes away with a heating pad or walking. My surgury was on a Wednesday and I went to work for half a day Friday. So far Friday was my worst "pain day". Again it was all left shoulder pain. I am feeling great this morning - very hopeful and excited about this journey. I know it won't be easy but this forum has been so great!

Hi, my name is Nikia and I was banded on Aug 3. I am married with 2 kids (9yr old girl and 6yr old boy). My highest and starting weight was 320lb. I lost 23lbs during my preop journey. My weight on the day of my surgery was 297lbs. I am currently in a size 22/24 jeans and a 3x top. Looking forward to my losses and I wish everyone the best of luck.

Hi!!! I am Mary Jo. I am 53. Have two children, age 31 and 26. Husband - SKINNY always. Started at 319, by time of surgery was 270. Surgery was Mon Aug 8th. Not alot of weight loss since, maybe 5-6 lbs and I am sure it is a lot of that Water weight. Still doing shakes only with some Jello and broth and can do yogurt. I can't have anything more solid until 9/22 apparently. I see others are actually able to have soft foods etc. I am not sure if I feel the band or not. I don't have any real issues but if I drink too fast or even sneak a bite of something when the fam isn't looking (Daughter and BF live with us) I feel a "heaviness" mid-belly which for a person of size probably is the lapband area, right? Surgeon feels it is my "trigger". I do not have a fill. That won't be for three more weeks until I am healed. Just keep the convo going. It is nice to know I am not alone. I live in Lakeland, FL and will go back to work tomorrow. Glad I took a whole week off just to chill.

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

my name is tammy not married i was banded on the 10th :D