Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Michelle, glad you made it through ok! We had some hail the other night here in Philly but of course nothing like what you went through!

Tammy: Mmmm chocolate! Maybe it's a good thing I PB'd for the first time today and my chest hurts, or I would want to eat a big piece of cake right now!

Nanster: glad the scale is finally moving for you!

JanetC: Congrats on keeping up the exercise!

Ms Vicki: How are you feeling now? Any more PB's? I just had my first one today!!!

Well, ok, so now I *think* I have restriction, mainly because it HURTS SO BAD if I eat too fast or take too big of a bite, and as I mentioned I had my first PB today (I posted a full, gross description on the general discussion forum). HOWEVER... I am still really hungry and not full/satisfied with small amounts. I PB'd, but I'm hungry! so yes I'm "restricted" but not getting full on small portions. Also, my weight loss is totally non-existant! That scale has not budged more than two pounds in five weeks!!! UGH! It's so frustrating. So now I'm faced with not only pain when I eat, PB'ing, but also, no weight loss! It sucks! Also, I go to the gym just about every day, and on days when I don't go, I walk alot. I'm up to 40 minutes on the treadmill with a "2" grade and have increased my speed to 2.2 (up from 1.8). Now you'd think 40 minutes on the treadmill 4-5 times a week would do something on the scale, right? WRONG! I hate hate hate getting on that scale and seeing the same weight all the time! I have GOT to take JanetC's advise and get a tape measure!

Oooooh, so how long do you guys think I should stay on liquids after my PB today? I've read things on here ranging from no liquids to two days of liquids after a PB. Suggestions?

This board keeps me sane...

I think I've fooled ya'll! LOL. I SOOO don't have it together! Barely hanging on by the skin of my teeth. (How gross that my teeth have skin!)

This weekend was unbelievable. I ate THREE THOUSAND CALORIES!!! Both Friday AND Saturday!! 3000!!!! And Sunday was better, lol, only 2000. (!!!!!) Stinkin-piece-of-junk! I knew I was out of control, but until I put it into Fitday, I didn't know just how much!! And I didn't exercise Fri through today. AUGH!!!!

I'm just so depressed. All I want to do is eat chocolate! I'm SOOO with you there, Tammy! And moan about why did I do this to myself & why isn't it working & how dare certain other people (not on our thread, thank goodness, lol) lose so much so fast and rub it in. It's just not fair!! Wahhhh!!! Poor, poor me!!

And then I wake up & it's Monday & I HATE Monday's... and I joined the Spring Boot Camp, so I've GOT to get motivated. And I go and PB AGAIN!!! WHEN WILL I LEARN!?!

On the good side, in 14 days the DFW folks are having a lunch together & next month (5/27) we're driving to Houston to have lunch with the LBTers (because we're nuts). And Mikey & I are going to check out a TOPS meeting (http://www.tops.org/) & see if they can help me out some, lol.

And so the war continues....

Nanster! Congrats on the scale moving!! We'll take every 10th of a pound we can get, let me tell you! ;)

Happy2: It's the 10th, how was your first fill? :) Tell us all the gory details!

Stacey!! Thank goodness, you're safe!! I was really getting worried about you! I'm so glad your family is alive & safe & still has a house! (( HUGS!! ))

Elisa: Welcome back!! Good to hear that you had a great time on the cruise! Color me jealous! :D And congrats on your NSV, woohooo!!!

Tammy: LOL, be careful what you wish for indeed!! I got SOOOO angry when I actually had restriction and couldn't eat like I wanted! And now I'm crying again cuz it's gone. I'm just never happy! :) But we'll be here to hug you either way! :D So go get that fill! And no more chocolate! :D I'll put it down if you do! ;)

Becky: I'm so glad you're feeling something! And sorry that you felt it in the form of golf-balls & PBs. :( I originally stayed on liquid for the rest of the day after a PB, but after I started PBing all the time, I changed that... I do liquid for the rest of THAT meal, then I do something soft (chili normally) for the rest of the day... and just really chew well. Seriously, tiny bites, chew FOREVER, and then watch a second hand or a stop-watch. Wait 30-60 seconds after swallowing before you take another bite. Worked for me. (Well, when I let it... I still find myself sneaking in bites at 10 seconds **sigh**.)

Hey,

Got on the scales this morning and hit the 230's...barely, but 239.8!!!! I'll take whatever I can get! You know, the weird thing is, I was SOOOOO having a hard time sticking to things all weekend, but I still lost a pound...bizarro world, I guess.

I have a couple of questions for ya'll.

1) Do you ever feel a kinda "stingy" pain in your port? Just like when you move a certain way or clothing rubs it or something?

2) I forgot my other question...I'll write when I remember it!!

I have had a SMALL (very small, tiny in fact) losing trend restart, after almost 4 weeks without a loss.

Sunta: Hang in there; with the way you're eating and exercising, losing again HAS to be right around the corner. I stopped for 4 weeks and am just now starting again.

JanetC: I bought the Fitday program, but it hasn't been very "fun" for me yet. Maybe I'm just not patient enough to get everything entered in. I'll keep trying!

Maybe I'll remember my other question soon!

Til then,

Nanster

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I took my measurements last night:faint: I wont even begin to tell ya'll what they are I am soooooo embarrassed. I enlisted, no wait that isnt entirely correct...my hubby came running over to help me take my measurements. I knew it I knew it, I was angry and depressed the rest of the night. My poor family!

Get this....my loving supportive husband ask me how often I had to do this and I replied I think i will do this every two weeks, so what does he do???? He freaking puts a reminder in his blackberry. Ok now I am laughing about that now but last night if I could have gotten my fat little fingers on that phone it would have had a nice hot bath!!!:heh:

Ok so I am doing my Water, I have taken my measurements, I am not eating right.....two out of three aint bad. Oh puh lezzzzzzzzz who am I kidding, I am my own worse enemy!

Do any one you remember the song "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"...man does that ring true for me.

JanetC- I cant believe I am doing this........but I cant quit chocolate for me but if you and I can agree I will quit for you and you quit for me. Ok now there has to be one exception to the rule. Birthdays and once during our time of the month, but only once! I care enough about you and want to see you do well that I am willing to quit chocolate for you! **Best Howie voice*** DEAL OR NO DEAL?? ;)

Nanster- WOOOO HOOOO no crying at your party, congrats. I so want to get under 250. Thats my goal before the end of the summer!!!

Sunta- I have yet to Pb, but I have only had one fill, second one is this Friday. I did get this kinda uneasy feeling this morning while eating a piece of pork chop, I know the Breakfast of champions, leasts it Protein right. Any way I felt this kinda pressure that made me stop and say hmmmmm. I waited a couple of secs for the feeling to pass and finished my pork chop, oh I am glutton for punishment I am sure!

I am determined not to get on that last meal mode I got on right before my last fill, I might come back here in a week and regret it but I am trying to eat like I have some sorta restricition........Ok I said "trying", it doesnt always work. :hungry:

A little joke for all of you who need a little laugh like me ........

The Sermon.

I think this Mom will never forget this particular

Sunday sermon..."Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended

toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. "Without

you, we are but dust."

He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient

daughter (who was listening!) leaned over to me and asked quite

audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?

This morning Madisa was on my local news talking about her food addiction and over indulgence, she made it quit clear she has struggle with it all her life and was just now turning the corner. She gave all the glory to God!!

If you believe please remember and help me never to forget he is always there at our times of need, even when we are fighting those evil chocolate rabbits!!! Amen and Amen!!

Love ya all, have a blessed weight lossing week!

Ok Tammy... I cannot believe I'm doing this! I will give up chocolate for you!! Ok, so I'll have to specify. We have these sugar-free ice cream bars that are made with Splenda (90 cals). I just can't give those up, lol. But their chocolate doesn't even taste like chocolate, it just keeps the ice cream from falling off the stick, lol. But no more Hershey's Special Dark for me! AUGH!!!! Can we really do this? I gave up Diet Coke, but NOT CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! **gulp!**

Woooohooooo!!! Go Nanster! That's awesome news! Congrats on that pound! :D I do feel "pain" in my port now & then... sometimes stingy, sometimes achy. I like to rub my stomach over it. And I'm still not brave enough to do sit-ups, lol. Gonna have to bite the bullet sometime! But I feel it "pull" when I twist the right way.

Tammy, girl, you crack me up! :D LOL, bathing the blackberry! I'm with ya, though, I NEVER need reminding about weight stuff! You're getting in your Water? Awesome!! Make sure you're taking your Vitamins too! That way you can check off 2 things! ;) (Our doctor always asks us 4 things:

1. Are you drinking enough water?
  2. Are you taking your vitamins?
  3. Are you getting in your Protein?
  4. Are you exercising?

And then the kicker... how many calories a day are you eating? HOW MANY? Um, are those liquid calories? Heh, love my doctor's staff! ;))

I was just reading Nataly's post about starvation mode & got to wondering. So I've got some questions:

1. How tall are you?
  2. How much do you weigh?
  3. How many calories do you need to maintain at your current weight?
  4. What's your average calorie intake for the last week?
  5. What's your average calorie output for the last week?
  6. What's your net difference?
  7. Multiply your average per day by 7 (7 days in a week) and divide that by 3500 (calories in a pound)... how many pounds could you expect to lose (if our bodies worked like calculators)?

The first 2 only matter to put things in perspective (Mikey needs a LOT more calories to maintain at 495 then I do at 277). The last 3 will change.

For me:

1. 5'5"
  2. 277 pounds
  3. At 10 calories per pounds (rough estimate), 2770 calories / day to maintain
  4. Ugh, do we HAVE to do last week? 2210 / day average
  5. 2812 / day average
  6. I burned 602 calories / day average more then I needed to maintain.
  7. 602 x 7 days = 4214 / 3500 = 1.2 pounds (Wow, can't believe I should still lose! I used to eat a TON!! Who knew?!)

For the previous week (when I was better, lol):

4. 1192 / day average

5. 2810 / day average

6. 1618 extra / day

7. 1618 x 7 = 11,326 / 3500 = 3.2 pounds!!!!

An interesting experiment... thanks for tagging along!

Hey ya'll

Going for a fill today. I have been eating everything bad for me lately...I have gained 2 pounds...;) It started sat. night with one of my friends b-day parties...and I haven't stopped. Hopefully the fill will keep me from overeating like I have been. I ate a peice of chicken, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit on Sunday night...it was like a light switch...I couldn't even eat 1/2 of a lean cuisine last week....and now I can eat all that. What the heck is going on? I feel so dang depressed. I want to lose 40 more pounds by Aug 19th.......and I feel so far away from that. I will never make it I don't think...not at this rate.

I am having a pitty party, eveyone is invited!

1. 6'5"

2. 494

3. WOW - 4900+ calories/day to maintain

4. 3447 (oops)

5. 5025/day average - not bad

6. So I burned 1578/day average more than I needed to maintain.

7. 3.156 pounds for the week (supposedly)... cool! We'll see if it works...

Oh my did sugar-free anything ever count???? **laughing** yes we will say as long as it is Sugar Free Chocolate we can have it, I mean our husbands do have to live with us right!!

Michelle- good luck on your fill, I am right there with you, mine if Friday, just in time to keep me from eating the entire ham for Easter dinner! Let us know how it goes.

Ok I dont understand the last thread but here is what I do have....

I am 5' 2

Weight: 275

Brown eyes

brown hair with chestnut highlights

oh wait that wasnt on there.

Ok I have no idea the rest

so work ur magic

tell me how much I can eat and still lose

OOOOOOOOOOOOO am I suppose to be counting calories?? I think my mind has blocked the calorie counting conversation. I am trying to think did my doctor tell me to count calories??? Hmmmm I cant remember. And vitamns, hmmmmm I thought I only had to do that during the liquid stage. Maybe I need to give my doctor a call. I think I have amnesia!:faint:

Ok today I give up chocolate for JanetC, unless it is sugar-free or my birthday or her birthday or my time of the month or her time of the month. I mean what kind of friend would I be if I didnt support her during her time or Celebrate on her birthday!!!! Dang that chocolate banker is a mean one!

LOL, I love it, Tammy! I get chocolate for your time! And that's about now, right? So I've gotta go to the store... fast! :)

Yeah, our surgeon asks that we take a chewable Multi-Vitamin. (I got a teen one from GNC, but we were taking Centrum chewable before that -- I don't like the flavor, lol.) AND we're supposed to supplement Calcium -- high Protein diets have been found to leech calcium from bones. We take a generic form of Viativ calcium chews. They're YUMMY!!! (The chocolate tastes like Tootsie Rolls & the caramel rocks!! Spring Valley, I think.) We take chewable glucosamine from GNC (peanut butter) as well... but that's just because we have bad joints. The doc doesn't ask about it, heh, but we LIKE them! All told, we get almost 100 calories just from supplements, lol, sad!

They didn't really say we had to count calories, just protein grams. But they keep asking about how much we're eating, so I just started tracking. That way I can just hand them a report & they can see for themselves! The nutritionist was worried when my calories went below 1000. She hasn't seen the 3000 from last week yet, lol. Can't wait for that one! :)

As long as you're losing, I think they're happy. It's when the weight loss slows down that they'll start examining things.

At 275, you need approx 2750 calories a day to maintain. Cut 1000 off of that to lose 2 pounds a week (more or less). So you can have 1700'ish calories & still lose. Or at least that's the theory. I'm a numbers geek, so I'm always crunching them. :)

Hey Stacey, does your surgeon have a nutritionist as a part of your program? Sorry about your gain! Hope your fill does the trick! Let us know how much you've got now!

It's really interesting hearing how restriction comes & goes. I know I feel it for myself, but it's good to hear that I'm not the only one! :)

OMG, u got me, yes it is my time so enjoy, but really only one wittle bitty piece. LOL

Ok so let me get this straight, you are saying that I can eat 2750 calories a day and stay the same weight.....ughhhhhhhh that means that 4000 I just ate for lunch probably means I gained some huh. Ok I was joking but I am seriously thinking I bet I got over that in one days time. OK for breakfast...1 boneless 1/4 inch think porkchop, ok it was fried and breaded.

Snack...1 banana

Lunch....sweet and sour chicken no rice with broci w/ garlic sauce. Oh crap and 1 egg roll. BUT BUT I didnt eat the fortune cookie. hmmm its so little it couldnt possible have that many calories could it?

So if we are counting calories, and I am taking my butt to the drug store to get the Vitamins you are taking, dang it I want to have good bones too! How do you know how many calories you have eaten and how much Protein you are getting. Do ya'll have some kind of counter??? Cmon spill it, no secrets here!!

I did have to see a nutritionist before my surgery and now that I think about it I seem to recall her saying something about counting calories, but I had forgotten until now. Thats my story and I am sticking to it!! My mom calls that "selective hearing"

**Sigh** you guys really do keep me in check, I am going to call her and make another appointment. I need to make better choices. OK wait, I have to be honest here, I know what to choose, I know what to eat and not to eat. Maybe having to answer to her will force me into it. UGHHHHHH why does weight lost have to be so darn hard!

Just a thought: I do wish that docs would put more emphasis on counting calories. I mean, they say keep meals to a cup, but what if it's a cup of brie cheese? ?? Well, then I would be taking in 802 calories in one meal! If I did that with some similarly high-cal food three times a day, well, then I would not lose any weight! Now obviously, I would never eat a cup of brie cheese, but the docs never even mention calories, and I think calories are very important. I'm counting and do much better when I stay at lower calorie counts like 1,200 or under. I could very very easily exceed that by eating foods with mayonaise, cheese, nuts, cream sauces, etc.

Maybe some bandsters who aren't losing are eating small portions, but are eating foods that are too calorie-dense? I just wish a greater emphasis would be put on it.

In other news: I'm up to 45 whopping minutes on the treadmill!!! I can't believe how quickly my body is becoming better conditioned!

I also ate my lunch today with NO chest pain! Thank god! It took me one full hour to eat half of a turkey sandwhich but it was worth it. I also treated myself to some fat-free chips and a weight watchers (itty bitty teeny tiny 80-calorie) cake. It was a great lunch and I'm still full almost two hours later! So maybe my restriction really is kicking in like it should! We'll see if this full feeling holds up for two more hours. I'm aiming for a small meal to keep me full for four hours. We'll see...

Heh, I use www.fitday.com... DonnaB uses it too. Nanster is trying it, not sure she likes it. Someone else just started using www.myfooddiary.com ... I don't think it matters what you use, as long as you use something!

I found it really empowering. I still make poor choices, but now I know what it's doing to me & why I might not have lost weight this week. :) And it gives me a goal to work towards... getting my calories out to be bigger then my calories in by 1000 per day (that's my goal).