Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hello my friends,

I have been surfing our great little WLS site today , roaming here and there. And all of a sudden I was floored! Ok not to give out too much information...........awwwwwww heck I am telling y'all!

There is another thread where someone has posted a link to his site. Ok me being the nosey type I click on it, ok at first nothing very noticeable or eventfully but then BLAMMMMMMMMM:mad:

What do my eyes see...........let me tell ya.....We have all heard the 10 for the hot dog, 20 for the beer, and so on.

Well here is what this guys said......Now keep in mind he is a large man with a band......

**please note not word for word but you'll get the idea**

$40.00 for dinner

$50.00 for the cab ride

$100.00 for booze

Getting caught shaggin a whale in public pricelss.

Now there was a picture of a half naked large drunk woman and a half naked skinny man.

OK I am pissed! If I cant say Pissed I am sorry but I am pissed. I mean who does this guy think he is. He post this link on a WLS support group site. Someone please give me premission to email this guy and I will be more than willing to tell him what a jerk he is. I just dont know the rules and would hate to be banned from using this site.

Please someone just say go and I will have his email waiting, all I got to do is push send!!!!!!:angry

go right ahead and verbally kick his a** in my opinion! You have my permission! That's the most obnoxious thing in the world! You realize that you HAVE to give us the link now right? Plllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee :)

Nanster: I lost my desire for chocolate & sweets after the lapband. I was a chocoholic but now could care less. Maybe that happened with you since the Snicker no longer calls to you. Before the band that sucker would have called my name until I inhaled the whole thing regardless of how many ounces it was.

Pat

Tammy .....ahhh what an ass! I say email him, but I am not a LBT whiz so I don't know what the rules are either....but he should be booted off!

I think you should contact a moderator. Isn't there a link for it and give them the link to the thread. They can peek at it and decide to actually remove his posting.

Sherry

Happy2: I can't say I'm where you are...sweets (especially chocolate) still really appeal to me, but I'm not hearing voices calling my name anymore. And, I can have just a taste of it and be satisfied. I don't think I'll ever LOSE the pleasure of chocolate, but I'm satisfied with my meals and don't feel compelled to add Desserts and/or sweets.

By the way...that Snickers bar is STILL in my desk and I have had only 2 one-quarter inch slices of it so far...it's been there over 2 weeks now. I'm proud of myself for being able to look at it and say "no, I don't need that right now"!!! Normally, if there is a food (of ANY KIND) in the house that I really like, I eat it until it's gone. Maybe not in one sitting, but I would've kept going back until it was gone.

Nanster

Hi All!

I'm getting frustrated...no loss in almost a month. I'm eating small quantities and primarily green salad, eggs and yogurt. I'm under 1200 cal/day for sure, often under 1000 but not losing any AT ALL. As a matter of fact, I'm up 2 pounds (fluctuates) sometimes. I thought my complexion would clear up some with the healthier eating and (mainly) the volumous WATER-but it hasn't.

Sorry to mention a "touchy" subject, but I'm still having a little bit of Constipation. I only go about every 3-4 days...I guess from the lower volume of food. But, when I go- I really go!!! Maybe I need to try the Benefiber someone else suggested earlier.

Does anyone else have almost-PB-like feelings? Sometimes I eat a salad at lunch and it's fine, but at dinner it seems a little "heavy"-haven't PB'd but felt the start of the "elephant on the chest" after just a few bites. I thought most people had LESS restriction at SUPPERTIME.

At any rate, I'm feeling well. Some of my pants are starting to be a little looser...not a size smaller, but not quite as snug as they once were!! No additional weight loss, though, which is really annoying. Am I going to turn into a TURTLE???? Should I ask for another fill?

(I can't eat more than a cup, I'd say).

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?????

I have had some headaches the last two weeks...nothing horrible, but wondering if it's related to the reduction in calories. BTW...Liquid Tylenol SUCKS!! I used to be able to swallow a PILL of any size...never was good at liquids, and now that's all I can take!! Go Figure!

Oh well...sorry to be Negative Nanster tonight, but I'm a little bummed by my lack of progress at losing. I PROMISE I'm not cheating!!!

Thanks all for being here!! I appreciate you ALL!

Nanster

Nanster, I am sorry that you are going through a tough time. When is your fill, that could be one of your problems...just guessing. I hope things turn around for you soon. Try to keep smiling!

skbishop: Thanks for your support. I'm not scheduled for a fill just now...had 1.1 cc (first fill) on Mar 22. Do you think I need one?

I only eat about a cup (or less) at a meal. I'm under 1200 cal/day.

I guess I COULD get another, but also nervous about erosion/slippage, etc. that everyone talks about. (I hear the more you fill, the more likely the complications...is that true too??)

The surgery center said come back "when you want to eat the fridge" and/or "when you lose less than 5 pounds per month". I'm not in the former, but definitely in the latter.

Any thoughts, gang???

Nanster

Nanster, Sorry to hear about the low weight loss numbers... it can be pretty frustrating when you think of the volumes of food you used to consume compared to now.... I feel like the weight should just be falling off!!!! I am having HUGE problems with PBing and Sliming. The only foods I can actually get down without problems are Protein Shakes, slim fast, Cereal and lean cusine ravioli.... So far I have had really BAD incidents with chicken salad, Hard Boiled Egg, 1 El Pollo Loco Chicken Leg, Shrimp... am I just trying to eat the wrong foods too soon. I am only able to get 1 or 2 bites in before the UNBEARABLE chest pain sets in... and I start squirming to get comfortable... the pain usually last at least 30 minutes... Any suggestions???? Also does anyone else feel like they are mourning the idea of eating as much as they want? My husband loves to eat out... and it is really frustrating to not even be able to stomach a chicken leg.... I guess on the bright side... it HAS to work.... after all how can I not lose when I really can't eat anything!

Tammy... sometimes I think it's best to take it meal by meal rather than one weekend at a time. Don't be too discourage... temporary set back , that's all! Also I LOVED the poem!!

Janet and Mike... you too are so cute.. Very inspiring!

Tammy... It is so hard to not wish BAD things for that guy!!! How inappropriate.

Sherry... you are definately "the voice of Reason".. great idea to contact the moderators

Stacy... How did you get the cool, sparkly signature??????????????

All other Feb. Bansters... thanks for keeping this thread so strong... interesting, informative and funny.

StrawartS had a great list of things to help "first bite blues" or "first bite syndrome", which it sounds like some of us are dealing with.

As for the PB'ing, I've now PB'd (actually thrown up food) twice. I've slimed once (no food, but threw up saliva for 1.5 hours). I've had the elephant-on-the-chest pain with almost every meal. It's my theory that I'm shoving my bites in too quickly. They're small & chewed well, but they're constant. When I follow StrawartS rules (I've successfully followed them twice, lol), it doesn't hurt & I can eat a LOT. I'll go search for her rules.

Nanster... it sounds like you may be getting too FEW calories. Are you food journalling? If not, I'd start, and make sure you don't have any hidden calories (common culprits: small bites throughout the day, dips or sauces, drinks with calories, chewable vitamins). If you're really below 1000, I'm guessing your nutritionist would prefer you a touch higher. We're in this for a LONG journey... staying below 1000 for long periods is bad for you (or so my nutritionist tells me, lol). Oh, and make sure you're getting your Vitamin daily, as well as supplementing your Calcium (we use the generic Viativ chew, it's YUMMY!!!).

I still really recommend fitday.com -- the PC version (I didn't use the web version long enough, so I don't really know what it does). The goal weight tracking helps me a TON! They tell me how many calories I need to be eating... and expending. It gives me comfort to have someone speaking to me daily. (Lol, I put a lot of weight into that silly program!)

As for the Tylenol, yeah, it's AWFUL! The nighttime one (Vanilla) is better.

Tammy: sending a link to the moderator is a great idea... they know the rules, and they can ban 'em if they think it's necessary.

Pat: Wish I was with you on the sweets! I still want my sweet thing to end the meal... though often my calcium chew works, lol. Never thought I'd see that day! :)

Xann: You sound SOOO much like us about the exercise! Every time we finish it, we thank each other for pushing us to do it. We both feel better... but WANT to? Oh no!!!

Found it!! I haven't done the hot tea part yet... I'm not really tight, lol. But if I follow the rest of it, I do well. I've taken to actually watching a second hand... and this is what I found:

1. My normal bites are 0 seconds apart. My 2nd bite is in as SOON as I swallow.
  2. My "slow" bites are 3-5 seconds apart. LOL!! Sad, but true.
  3. 30-60 seconds is FOREVER!!!!

Dealing with "first bite blues", or living with a tight fill:

1. Drink HOT tea before your first bite.

2. Take a VERY small first bite.

3. Chew till the end of the earth.

4. Swallow.

5. Wait 1 minute.

6. Drink more HOT tea to wash it down.

7. Repeat steps 2-6 for the next few bites.

8. Put your fork down for 30 seconds to 1 minute between ALL subsequent bites.

Oh, I forgot to comment on the mourning food thing. I am ANGRY!!!!! Angry, angry, angry, angry, angry!! I WANT TO EAT!!!! For some reason I've REALLY wanted to cheat this week. So I've made bad choices, but dammit!!!! I can't overeat!!! A ciabatta sandwich does NOT equal cheating in my book!! (Luckily I'm not a milkshake cheater... I'm a pizza & a half by myself cheater.)

**sigh** I paid good money to not be able to cheat... you'd think I'd be happy! :) -- And really I am... sometimes, lol. Did I mention angry?

wannabelean: Go to www.glittermaker.com and it will tell you how to make your signature. Then copy the link and at your signature page hit the button that has a mountian on it and insert the link...it should work. hope this helps.

Nanster: I wasn't losing any weight either for a while...after 2 fills I kept filling like I was pretty much following the diet and still not losing. After my 3rd fill, I have dropped the weight like crazy. I have lost 8 pounds in about a week and 1/2 ....32 pounds gone forever....Yeah!..Anyway, that is my experience, and could be different for you. You have to go with your gut instict. We're Lov'n ya!

:):Banane57::Banane39::) :Banane33::waytogo::Banane43::Banane59:

YAY Stacey!!! Wow, 32 pounds! Woohooo!!