Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks post op, and......

SOooo... the recovery to surgery has been TOUGH and today I found out why it seems I have been sicker than most people have said they have been. I mean 4 weeks post op most people are excercising and feeling nearly back to normal right? Well I havnt. I have had constant nausea... feel so weak and so tired and have no energy at all, cant stomach much of anything and my gag reflex is super sensitive now.... so I went to see my surgeon today thinking maybe i had a slip.. They did an upper GI and said my band looks perfect. Said maybe its my gal bladder, then jokingly said "or maybe your pregnant."

Being that I have tried to get pregnant for the last 15 years and underwent fertility treatments for nearly 8 years off and on, and adopted my son, I start to obsess about the thoughts of being pregnant when someone says something like that. So to stop the insanity in my brain I take a test to prove its negative and get my brain back to reality. So today thats what I did... took 4 test actualy... because one after another they all said POSITIVE! I am in complete and total shock. Based on my cycle this puts be between 6 and 8 weeks pregnant.. which means i was pregnant before surgery! I know they tested me so how is this possible? Havnt been up to much "action" since surgery so pretty positive it was before... I never would have dreamed this is even possible. I gave up on that dream years ago after I adopted my son. But 4 test cant all be wrong can they???

So from what I read its of course not in my best interest to be pregnant now that Ive just been banded, but who am I to argue with a God who has performed a COMPLETE MIRACLE??? I of course have concerns and plan to talk to my surgeon and see my OBGYM ASAP, but figured it should wait till morning... Guess that explains why I have felt so sick.....

Anyways, anyone else heard of such craziness?????

I don't know but.............CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is fantastic news. I bet you are thrilled.

Wow, congrats. I guess it could have come up negative when you tested before surgery because, well two weeks into a pregnancy is pretty early and a lot of peoples Hcg levels are still too low to show on a test at that stage. If you'd been testing at home, you might have done what I did, lol, look at it outside in the bright light about ten million times and convince yourself you can see the faintest of faint lines if you hold it just so...... but if you just glanced indoors in artificial light, you'd never have seen it.

Oh wow, what a surprise!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

OH MY GOODNESS SOOOO EXCITING I COULDNT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU THAT IS TRUELY AMAZING I have been trying for 5 years and 2 of that has been on fertility treatments i am pre op and i am sooo nervous but it is time to do something for me and leave the rest for fate to decide i cant wait and your story has raised my spirits even more because i have hardly any support but def congrats girl this is soo amazing

SOooo... the recovery to surgery has been TOUGH and today I found out why it seems I have been sicker than most people have said they have been. I mean 4 weeks post op most people are excercising and feeling nearly back to normal right? Well I havnt. I have had constant nausea... feel so weak and so tired and have no energy at all, cant stomach much of anything and my gag reflex is super sensitive now.... so I went to see my surgeon today thinking maybe i had a slip.. They did an upper GI and said my band looks perfect. Said maybe its my gal bladder, then jokingly said "or maybe your pregnant."

Being that I have tried to get pregnant for the last 15 years and underwent fertility treatments for nearly 8 years off and on, and adopted my son, I start to obsess about the thoughts of being pregnant when someone says something like that. So to stop the insanity in my brain I take a test to prove its negative and get my brain back to reality. So today thats what I did... took 4 test actualy... because one after another they all said POSITIVE! I am in complete and total shock. Based on my cycle this puts be between 6 and 8 weeks pregnant.. which means i was pregnant before surgery! I know they tested me so how is this possible? Havnt been up to much "action" since surgery so pretty positive it was before... I never would have dreamed this is even possible. I gave up on that dream years ago after I adopted my son. But 4 test cant all be wrong can they???

So from what I read its of course not in my best interest to be pregnant now that Ive just been banded, but who am I to argue with a God who has performed a COMPLETE MIRACLE??? I of course have concerns and plan to talk to my surgeon and see my OBGYM ASAP, but figured it should wait till morning... Guess that explains why I have felt so sick.....

That is AMAZING! Congrats! I have been ttc with my hubby for 7 1/2 years, ever since the wedding night, and got diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago. We did 2 years of Clomid/Metformin, constant monitoring and 3 surgeries, and I finally decided to "take a break" and focus on my health. I think making the decision to have the lap band is the smartest thing I can do for my health, since all else has failed. I am having the surgery in November and I can't WAIT. I really feel that God is going to do the same miracle for us that he did for you! I am so encouraged by your testimony. Good luck with everything! God bless, Mandy

Congratulations!!! I hope you have a safe and wondeful pregnancy. :)

Wow! Congrats!! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations!!!! Thats wonderful. I have not got banded yet, my scheduled surgery is Oct 25th so its right around the corner (well at least thats what im telling myself ) We have 1 child which we had concieved through IVF so in hoping that once i get the band and lose weight that my husband and I are able to concieve on our own this time. Congratulations again thats wonerful news!!!!