Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Regrets after Lap Band Surgery ?

I am only 10 days post op. Not going to hold anything on this one. I had my first break down a couple of days ago asking myself if I made the right decision. Then the next day I got on the scales. I had lost 11 lbs in a week. So I quickly changed my attitude. So at this point, I have no regrets. But just know that I think we all hit that breakdown at some point after we have the surgery. Every day my clothes fit different and that just reminds me on why I did it! I have been getting more creative on food since I am still on the full liquid diet.

Good luck to you!!!!!!

Congratulations!! That's amazing! I know seeing 11lbs in my favor on the scale would certainly remove any doubt I had, as well! LoL! I guess for some people it's just giving the band time to do its job. And I also agree that at some point many people probably do question whether or not they did the right thing or have a breakdown... but hopefully most of them get the same results as you did shortly after that doubt/breakdown.

Thank you so much for the well wishes! All the best to you on your journey, as well!! :rolleyes:

Like many others, my regret is not having it done when I was younger. I'm only 28, but I could have had so much fun being healthier in my early 20's!

I love the band, but you have to remember it is just a tool and you have to work with it. Yes, you will still have to diet and exercise, but after you lose a little weight you will be motivated and these things won't feel like a "chore" anymore!

I am always here if you have questions, as well as the others on this site. These forums have been my lifesaver through my journey. I was just banded over a month ago.

Good luck!

I can touch on not telling anyone... When I was Banded in 2006. I spread the good news ! Happy as can be....

Did I catch all the Sh*t that they could throw at me. Why did you do it, don't you have any willpower? Can't you do it on your own? Why would you do something like that? Are you crazy?

You get the idea. Not 1 person said I wish you luck or anything positive.

So this time around, I learned. It's my business. Except for what I share on here.

You may think that's shallow ! But it's not ! It's just keeping a situation under control, so people don't get carried away with it, because they don't understand it. It can run wild, with all the misinformation.

Quite the contrary, Shirley. I don't think that's shallow at all.. I think it's necessary.. it's survival. It's hard to succeed at anything with so much opposing force coming at you. You make a great point. If someone received so much negative response to their decision, I could understand not telling one if you had the opportunity to do it all over again. I guess I just didn't think of that because I've received nothing but overwhelming support from my family and friends.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. However, you are proving them all wrong and congratulations to you for doing that! The best rebuttal for people's doubt in your abilities, is to succeed in that very task. I hope you get to see the egg on all of those peoples faces that ever doubted or discouraged you! ;)

All the best as you continue your journey!! :rolleyes:

Quite the contrary, Shirley. I don't think that's shallow at all.. I think it's necessary.. it's survival. It's hard to succeed at anything with so much opposing force coming at you. You make a great point. If someone received so much negative response to their decision, I could understand not telling one if you had the opportunity to do it all over again. I guess I just didn't think of that because I've received nothing but overwhelming support from my family and friends.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. However, you are proving them all wrong and congratulations to you for doing that! The best rebuttal for people's doubt in your abilities, is to succeed in that very task. I hope you get to see the egg on all of those peoples faces that ever doubted or discouraged you! ;)

All the best as you continue your journey!! :rolleyes:

I'm glad about all your positive feedback, including mine.

Those were different days. If you have positive support on your side,,, that's Great ! It's just amazing that not 1 person thought it was a good idea???

I am not a critical person. If you have to have something done for your needs. Then it's a good thing that your doing something about it. That's the way I see it.

I don't understand how anyone could not think the same ! Just all negative. That was the hard part.

Once I learned to shut my mouth, things were better, and the weight is coming off, and people are saying Geeee Shirley, your lookin good! Whats the secret? WALKING, AND 1200 CALORIES A DAY. is all I'll tell them, and it works.

So,,, I can't argue with what works.......

Like many others, my regret is not having it done when I was younger. I'm only 28, but I could have had so much fun being healthier in my early 20's!

I love the band, but you have to remember it is just a tool and you have to work with it. Yes, you will still have to diet and exercise, but after you lose a little weight you will be motivated and these things won't feel like a "chore" anymore!

I am always here if you have questions, as well as the others on this site. These forums have been my lifesaver through my journey. I was just banded over a month ago.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!! I love this site..it has so many like-minded people in one place! I couldn't agree more.. healthy choices.. diet and exercise are still very necessary. That is the reason I was drawn to the band... because it's not an "easy way out." It's a tool and if you use as such..you should be very successful.

I am 27yrs old...so I completely understand your statement about a more fun and healthier early 20's.. but as I stated earlier.. everything happens for a reason!

Congratulations on your banding! All the best on your journey!! :rolleyes: