Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How can you be bad? I barely know the difference between gas pain and hunger pain. I doubt that I am getting in a few hundred calories a day. most coming from Protein Powder, but i still feel crappy. I am working, but my stomach is messed up with all the cramping and gass feelings. Its almost like I know what I should have been feeling all along with a hernia. Have things have you been eating, do they hurt your belly?

Lisa

I was BAD today with my diet! I'm not doing this again. Had less than 1000 calories but ate junk. I'm back on wagonn but what the heck was I thinking?

Hey everyone :) Just checking in.. tomorrow is one week since surgery, and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm still not having as much liquids as i'm supposed to (maybe half.. if that..) but things seem to be going well. My only complaint is my port incision is killer. It almost feels like it's ripping open at times. I put a big bandaid over it because the glue they used to close me up started to crack, and it was catching on my shirt. Feeling better now that the glue isn't catching, but in the shower this morning I must have bent wrong because it caused some serious pain. Still didn't take the lortab, but really considered it. There's only a little left, and I can't get Tylenol until Thursday so I've got to make it last. I did weigh myself yesterday morning at 266, and the morning of surgery I was 272... so that's cool. Hope everyone else is having a great recovery :)

Just got home from being banded and wanted to check in. Everything went well and I found out he had to repair a hietal hernia. I woke up from suregry and felt pretty horrible, but I think it is mostly gas. Going to try to move as much as possible, which is hard because all I want to do is sleep!

I look forward to recovering and being active, and am glad I made this choice. This is the first of many, many good decisions to come!

Apeil

Yay April! Thanks for checking in :) Walk walk walk walk walk! Even when you feel like you can't...walk walk walk walk. :) I made myself get up every hour (except while sleeping) to make some laps around the living room. Take those pain meds for a few days and you'll be surprised how quickly you don't need them. So glad to hear all went well. :)

Amy

Just got home from being banded and wanted to check in. Everything went well and I found out he had to repair a hietal hernia. I woke up from suregry and felt pretty horrible, but I think it is mostly gas. Going to try to move as much as possible, which is hard because all I want to do is sleep!

I look forward to recovering and being active, and am glad I made this choice. This is the first of many, many good decisions to come!

Apeil

Oh, man. I had the largest lunch (a little over 1/2C) today and about an hour later I started with diarrhea. I can't even leave the house - my stomach is making all sorts of strange rumbling sounds. I'm eating a stick of cheese right now in hopes that it will help a bit - I also took a dose of anti-diarrheal medicine...but DANG. Makes me glad that I'm not working right now - what on earth would I do?? I work so hard to get any liquid in and now I'm worried that I need even more now! Grrrrrr!

I got it really bad a few days ago... I have a slight dairy intolerance and it hit me like it NEVER has! It was awful (apart from the part where I lost 2lbs... =P) but thankfully it only lasted the day!

I maintained my weight today... first time since my op that I haven't had a loss. A bit of a downer but it had to happen! So long as I lose the next 2.5kg by Monday I'll be fine! =)

Drumroll, please! :) If you want to see the picture of your lapband, just ask your doc for a copy! After all, its YOUR body! :) So cool!!

My link

I went to work and did my 10 hours today. Oh my, my abs hurt so bad! My back hurts too. By the end of the day I was hunched over and clutching my middle. Ugh.

How are our newest banders doing?

Good Morning

I am getting ready to go to the hospital for my surgery today.My time is at 2:30 and I am a little nervous but happy to be on my way to a new way of living. I would like to say thanks to all the people that post about their experiences becasue it has taken a lot out of the unknown. I am praying fro speedy recovery for those who has just went thru and faith for those who will journey soon. As soon as I can i will post my experiences.

Gina

highest weight 307/1st Doc visit 300/ PreOpp Diet 288

I am 1 day post-op and still feeling pretty yucky. I tried to eat some Jello last night and just a few bites made me feel like I was going to burst! Same think this morning when I ate a Gummy Fiber (trying to things moving if you know what I mean). Were you guys like that: just feeling stuffed after a drink or a bite? And when do these gas pains go away?? I'm eat gasx strips like their going out of style.

April

How are our newest banders doing?

Don't be surprised if you still feel somewhat icky after 4 or 5 days. Each of us takes a slightly different direction in healing. But, it seems like for the first week, we all go through similar sensations - gassy, bloating, stomach singing to you, if not hollering at you. can't eat much, can't get in enough Water, discomfort at port location. But fear not, I hear (I haven't expereinced it yet) just as you are about to say, "what have I done to myself", you start to level out with food intake (liquid/mushy) and water. Don't forget the protein!!!

Good Luck

Lisa

I am 1 day post-op and still feeling pretty yucky. I tried to eat some Jello last night and just a few bites made me feel like I was going to burst! Same think this morning when I ate a Gummy fiber (trying to things moving if you know what I mean). Were you guys like that: just feeling stuffed after a drink or a bite? And when do these gas pains go away?? I'm eat gasx strips like their going out of style.

April

hiya all!

I'm hungry today. I'm refocusing on Protein :) Have gained a few pounds back from my lowest but my surgeon told me to expect that i might gain some back until the time i get my first fill. My first month is meant for healing....then i start to use the tool as it was intended once i get some fills :)

Now...here is my question...I am leaving on vacation to WV to go 4-wheeling (!!!! :)) on 7/29. That would be the day I would be eligible for a fill. I have to pay for every fill. So...should i get the fill before i leave or wait until i get back? I'm afraid of gaining weight without the fill and i'm afraid of being stuck in the mountains of WV and not having easy access to my surgeon's office if i get a fill and something bad happens.

What would you do?

Personally, I would wait until you get back. Better to risk gaining a pound or two then to put your life at risk or feel very uncomfortable when away from home. I made my first fill appointment for a Monday, so that I have all week to get used to it and go back if I need to. My doc office (and many) don't do fills on Fridays for that reason alone. Play it safe, sister. :)

hiya all!

I'm hungry today. I'm refocusing on Protein :) Have gained a few pounds back from my lowest but my surgeon told me to expect that i might gain some back until the time i get my first fill. My first month is meant for healing....then i start to use the tool as it was intended once i get some fills :)

Now...here is my question...I am leaving on vacation to WV to go 4-wheeling (!!!! :)) on 7/29. That would be the day I would be eligible for a fill. I have to pay for every fill. So...should i get the fill before i leave or wait until i get back? I'm afraid of gaining weight without the fill and i'm afraid of being stuck in the mountains of WV and not having easy access to my surgeon's office if i get a fill and something bad happens.

What would you do?

Yes, yes, and yes! I didn't want to eat anything for days. Protein Shakes were too much for me - I probably went 3 days living on watered down juice and gatorade. And you know what? I'm still alive. Your tummy went though a big change and you've gotta listen to it. Keep walking (I moved my arms in the air while walking and it helped), make sure to stay hydrated, and rest. It is really important not to force anything down - if you feel full, stop and take another bite in 20 minutes. It gets better, April. PROMISE!

I am 1 day post-op and still feeling pretty yucky. I tried to eat some Jello last night and just a few bites made me feel like I was going to burst! Same think this morning when I ate a Gummy fiber (trying to things moving if you know what I mean). Were you guys like that: just feeling stuffed after a drink or a bite? And when do these gas pains go away?? I'm eat gasx strips like their going out of style.

April