Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some help from the ladies, please?

Will do, Betty. Thank you for your kind words. Really starting to worry a bit about this.

Oh, say, rally in Groesbeck on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of March (this weekend). Easyriders Bike Show on the 25th at Fairpark in Dallas....FYI

Hi Randy,

I'm sorry Ms. Joy is still having trouble. In my experience, the closest thing to a scope would be a vaginal ultrasound, where the tech inserts a wand-like...thingie.

My mom also had frequent bleeding and ended up getting a uterine ablasion, just like Vines. It was an out-patient procedure done under general anesthesia. As I understand it, the surgeon vaginally inserts a balloon and fills it with hot Water to burn the uterine lining. After the procedure, periods are very rare and very light.

The other procedures that I know about are the cone biopsy and the colposcopy. The cone biopsy removes a larger piece of tissue and is a little more painful.

I hope Ms. Joy gets her problem figured out. Good luck!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

I am with Betty, I think it is good for her to get it checked again. You just never know these days. I had no change with my period because of banding, but everyone is different. keep us posted.

Strawarts, thanks, that gives me some options to consider.

Will do JaLynn. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Any word on Ms. Joy? My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kendra

Kendra, she doesn't go back to the Dr till the 9th. And we haven't gotten the results back from the blood test, yet. The NP says they had to send it off to another lab, so it takes longer....grrrrrrrrr.

MsJoy was banded on 12/28/05. While in the recovery room she began bleeding and she assumed it was her period. Since her surgery she has had a bit of bleeding almost every day. Not a lot...she uses a light days pad most of the time. She just never knows when it may come around. Her OB/GYN doesn't seem that concerned about it. Her next Dr appointment isn't for another week. Any suggestions or thoughts from any of you ladies?

No clue here if you are through having kids, but if you are there is a simple method done in an OB's office now that can stop your periods permanently. They do a simple cauterization.....BUT this prevents the periods from occurring again, although it in no way involves the ovaries. It is for women who suffer from irregular bleeding and periods that are real problems. I guess if you aren't through having kids you will have to seek other alternatives, but this is a great breakthrough for women. If you are interested have your wife ask her OB/GYN about it.

Wow now that pricked my ears up. Do you know what that method is called?

Sorry to hear about Msjoy. Keep an eye on it, abnormal bleeding for so long can get serious. Hope you have an answer soon.

Randy -

Glad to hear she's going in to get checked. My mom just went in for an ultrasound for this same thing (she's not banded though) and everything came back ok on that as well as her pap smear. Hope everything's ok with Ms. Joy as well.

Dody -

What the heck? Why haven't I ever heard of such a thing??? I would pay good money for that!

Dody, is that the ablation I heard about? With the hot Water? I'll mention it to Joy and get her take on it.

Kellie, thank you for the good wishes.

And Kim, what do you say? I'm glad they didn't find anything but damn it! why didn't they find something??? I'll keep you updated if you'll let me hear if they find anything with your mom.

Will do Randy - I know.... I was kind of wigged out about it, too. She's post menopausal and kicked up with the same deal as Ms. Joy for some strange reason. I hate the nothing was found deal! Seems like they should be able to find something. Let Ms. Joy know we're thinking about her.

Kim, I sure will. She talked to the NP the other day and she was telling Joy that they may do a "scope" of her uterus. And if they see something out of the ordinary, they'll take a biopsy. So I guess we'll wait until Thursday.

Oh man.... I'm so sorry MsJoy has to go through this. And being told to tough it out ... not reasonable. It is so hard to deal with this day in and day out. I sure hope they find something soon.

Yes, I believe they are talking about the ablation. I had mine done with not with hot Water, but copper mesh was inserted, sort of like a mesh umbrella, and the tissue was electrocuted/burned.

It was done out patient, and they repaired a ruptured cyst at the same time.

Hi Randy & Ms. Joy...

Just thinking about you guys tonight and wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow!

Take Care,

Kim

Good luck to Ms.Joy. When you are a woman you have to listen out for everything because you never know if it will happen to you. With todays technology they can cure and repair a lot of things but the hardest thing sometimes is the initial diagnosis.