Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outpatient or 1 nights stay?

I arrived in the morning and was done early afternoon. I really am glad I stayed overnight, I needed the injections for pain through the night...by the next day after a shower etc I was feeling better and went home. I dont think I could have handled the drive in the car home the same day as the surgery.

I got really sick from the anesthesia, even though they gave me drugs before surgery to stop it. Afterwards, they tried 2 other drugs and nothing worked and I was so tired of throwing up all the time, so they finally gave me something that "knocks you out" (fenagrin or some such) and that was the one that worked, thank the Lord. I preferred to go home the same day, but my mom refused to take me home because I was sick. She made the right decision.

I noticed that you are in Charlotte. I am in Kannapolis. I was wondering what nutritionist you use - the ones here in Kannapolis won't file insurance and want payment up front. Do the ones in Charlotte file insureance? I'd appreciate any info you might have.

thanks

Terry

Outpatient. I was in pre-op by 0610am. Surgery started at 0730am...I was home by 1030am.

I was in the hospital for only a total of 5 hours!! In and completely out!! surgery only took about 25 minutes... i was awake before i got to recovery and up and moving within an hour. drank my Water... peed and was on my way home!

I dont think my results are typical, but I didnt even have any pain medicine. My doctor was wonderful!! My surgery was simple as pie!

Of course, if I needed to stay... that first night was offered to me. just didnt need to stay!

Stayed overnight and left the next morning. I lived 2 hours from the hospital and it would not have been a fun ride on the first day! The next day the ride was ok.

Stay!!

My surgery was the 1st one scheduled for a Friday AM. I stayed two nights and left on Sunday afternoon. I always have a bad reaction to anesthesia. I was given drugs to help w/ that but the pain meds also made me very sick.

Same day. Went to hospital 8:00 am and got home by 5:00 pm.

Checked in, was moved pre op waiting area (strip and put on gown, vitals taken, heparin shot), into anesthesia room by 10. Then operating room.

Had 2 procedures. First had vascular surgeon implant "Tulip" filter through jugular into my vena cava to prevent any blood clots that might form to be filtered and prevent from going to lungs, heart or brain. I was awake for that little process. :cry

Then as soon as tulip was placed, the anethesiologist hit me with the gas and I was :notagree until I woke up in recovery. They let my wife in for about a minute after I was somewhat awake then off to Xray :) being pushed by some young female volunteer (she worked hard that trip) for the barium swallow YUCK ;)

Then back to post recovery where they finally let me have a sip of Water :clap2: and had me walk a bit. They made it clear I could go home only after a pee. Pee? I asked. No food or Water for 24 hours and all the drugs how can I do that. But after walking around and sipping, the urge came and I did what I had to. :rain: (not that they verified it. I just told them when I went to the restroom and they said OK)

After a few more vital sign checks and one last visit from surgeon and the nutritionist, they let the wife sign me out.

My Doctor requires you to stay overnight and then have a barrium type x-ray to ensure that you have proper Fluid movement and then you go home. He also has you up and walking right after surgery also. I hope to be banded by the end of the year.

Chris

Pre-Band

St. Louis

I was so glad I didn't go home til the next day. It gave me time to ask question as to why I felt like I did. It was nice someone taking care of me for a change. The nurses were GREAT!!!