Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Missouri

Guest billiebranham

Guest Ellen

Hello Krystal,

I just had a consult with Dr. Wagner, Tell me more about your successes/

Ellen

Guest Ellen

I am a Dr Wagners pt. had surgury on 6-01-05. Would ove to chat with others that might have questions or advice.

link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;23;87;0;1/c/271/t/185/s/279/k/cbd3/weight.png[/image]

[/link]

I had a consult today and I am thrilled about the procedure. How long does the insurance process take.

Tell me how have you been doing

Ellen

Guest Ellen

Sherri

What kind of ins. do you hve. Can you Appeal the decision?

WB

]

Ellen

It is written in our policy that it does not cover WLS for ANY reason ...... so there is NO way to get around it. I even asked if it was a medically necessary surgery would they pay ..... NOPE - - not for ANY reason.

I am just glad that I have found someone in Missouri that will do it for $11,000. I was thinking about going to Mexico but now I'm not. By the time I would have paid for the surgery, the airfair and then the $$$ to find an after care doctor, this will be about the same.

Have any of you had the surgery ..... who with?

Any MO people out there that would like to try and plan for a get together? I am looking into getting banded before the end of the year and would love to have a support system built before I have the surgery. It might be fun and interesting to meet other band people. Who's interested? And where in MO do you live? Would Kansas City be a place that you all would be willing to meet at? Any suggestions? Let's get something planned!!

Sherri

Hi this is corkysue, I emailed Rep Munzlinger last week and his office person got back to me this week saying that he would look into the Insurance paying for Lap Band and this morning Kristi from his office e-mailed me this person to e-mail. here is his address Charles.portwood@house.mo.gov she said that he is very activity in health care issues. I thought if everyone would send him an e-mail telling him how important that it would be for insurances' to kick in and help pay for these surgeries. We all have to band to gether in order for this to work. Corkysue Carol Ann Missouri

Regarding Insurance not paying for weight loss surgery - I posted some information on this very subject. There are two topics for Missouri- one is this one, 'hello Missouri' and the other is a 'call to action' . Check it out - it's very worthwhile.

Hey guys!

I am all in for a get together! I live by harrisonville Missouri. Kansas City would be great I live just around the corner from there!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop a line. I went to my doc for my first fill this week. What a deal!!!! She couldn't find it. So i had to go get an xray. My port is in the middle of my stomache right in front of the spinal colom(SP) . she said it looked like it was sideways. She finally found it , but had alot of trouble getting into the port. She said she has never had this many probs. Her patient load was so backed up she took care of them and let me go somewhere for awhile and we tried about 1 1/2 hours later. She finally hit it , but all the fill she put in didn't come back out. So we are unsure how much is in there. I think i am feeling much more satisfied with less. We poked around so much i was worried about getting a hole in the tubing. My doc was a real sweetie about the whole thing!!! I was so worried about it not working that ended up crying over it. Why i am not for sure, maybe just such an emotional rollercoaster. Worry about revision surgery?? Who would do that?? How much?? I sure don't want to make another trip to Mexico right now w/ school starting. Maybe this will work. Anyone else have this many probs w/ their port.

shagamelic

Hi Shagmelic,

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered when you went to get your first fill. As I will have my first fill in 2 weeks, I've been anxious to hear the experiences of others.

I'm just speculating here, but , once your Dr. knows of the relative position of your port, I'll bet it will be easier next time.

While I don't remember your specific banding date, the fact that you've already lost 29 pounds without having any fills is impressive. Keep up the good work and listen to your body. I'll bet it will go better next time!

Wannabesmall,

I was banded on the first of June. I think my imagination is taking over. I am thinking of all the things that could go wrong, instead of how right it is going. I am worried that w/ the port moving that it could break away from the line , or a needle could have pierced the line when trying to hit the port. I really feel the restriction today. IT IS WORKING!!!!:)

Thanks,

shagamelic

Hello. I have been looking off and on into the lap band surgery for the last few months. I think I've finally decided to make some phone calls, attend a seminar or two, meet a few doctors, then decide which route is best for me. I have spent the last hour reading all of the postings here. Has anyone had any medical problems with the lap band? Estimated recovery time? When do you go back to work. I am in KC, MO and have seen the names of the doctors mentioned, are there any other dr's around that I should look into?

Sthomas -

I live about 60 miles from KC, MO. I plan on having the surgery before the end of the year. My insurance will not pay for ANY weight loss surgery at all, so I'll be self pay. I have found a Dr. Steward in Topeka, KS that has a self pay price of $10,750 and that does include 1 year followup. He has required Seminars the second Saturday of each month. If you want anymore info on him, just let me know.

Sherri

sthomas,

I think if you talk to most doctors you will have a self-pay price. Talk to patients of doctors and research , research ,research. Some people have difficulties and some breeze thru. I had an infection set into my large incision, but was able to take care of it w/ extra round of antibiotics. I was off for the summer so i wasn't working, but i could have worked w/ that. Hope this helped.

shagamelic