Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Missouri

Guest billiebranham

Here is the contact info for Dr. Malley:

Dr. Stephen Malley

10640 W 87th St

Overland Park, KS 66214

913-851-3482

Nikki went with him, and I think Darlene is going to go with him. I don't think there is a 'restraining order', per se. I believe it's probably a 'no compete' clause for a 25 mile area around MWIBS.

Yes I found out some more info on another local Missouri Forum - no one knows for sure. It was not a happy ending and MWIBS is really doing a good job at trying to tarnish his reputation. They are telling several different patients several different stories about Dr. Malley. And yes someone else mentioned the no compete clause and he might have to move his office to North KC.

I'm sure everyone has read the posts by Wannabsmall, regarding Dr. Malley and his abrupt departure from MWIBS. Guess all I can say is that I applaud Dr. Malley for refusing to go along with a bad practice. A lot of us had an oral agreement with MWIBS, for aftercare, which should be legally binding. I really liked Dr. Malley, when I met him for my first fill. I was amazed that it went so smoothly, and was without pain. Can you trust your very life to a practice like MWIBS, that would leave so many patients high and dry?

Regarding Dr. Lopez, I worked in surgery with him for several years. Would I let him do surgery on me or my family-NOOOO! He always tried to come across as this big 'Christian' doctor. He even told me that was why he was hired by the doctors group he worked for at the time. But, how can I balance that with the fact that he had an affair with a nurse, who he left his wife and many children for. Seems a little un-christian like to me. Like all things, people must make up their own minds about what a person is or isn't like.

Gosh, now I don't know what to do. I was just passing on the info. I recieved from MWIBS. I am really nervous now since I am waiting for my approval. I don't know who to go with for surgery. MWIBS was so great for me because they are opening an office in Springfield, Missouri-so I have somewhere close to go for my fills. This all makes me very uneasy.:sick

Hey my genre,

You need to go with the group you get approval for, since you've already spent time getting this far. Plus, having a close office for fills would be nice. I can only speak for myself, when I say that I would not go to Dr. Lopez. Look at it this way, you probably won't have to see Dr. Lopez for the Springfield fills!

Hey everyone~

Can I have that phone number for Dr. Malleys new office. I still want him to do my surgery! What is a restraining order for practicing medicine? I am totally confused!

Thanks

This location may change, but the phone number should work--

Dr. Stephen Malley

10640 W 87th St

Overland Park, KS 66214

913-851-3482

Hi I am new to this post but I am trying to find information for my granddaughter. I saw that you were having problems with your insurance paying for the sugery for your daughter. I was wondering if they ever came around. I also was wondering if we were on our government more to get the insurances to kick in with these surgeries if that would help

Carol Ann

Hi Corkysue~

First of all welcome to LBT! My name is Courtney Smith. I am 20 years old. How old is your grandaughter and what part of Missouri do you live in? Good luck with all your research!

courtney

Guest searchin4me

Hello everyone I am new to this site and have been at numerous sites researching the Lap-Band and feel this is the best option for me. I am a single mom who is currently going to school fulltime to get my RN license. I have medicaid at this time and was trying to locate a Doctor who might accept it. Does anyone know of one who does? And I see there is a Dr coming to the springfield area that is the closest place for me did they actually come if so does anyone know the name or number of them??

Would truly appreciate any and all help given. My health just can't remain at this weight and I need to do something now about it. If there is anything I can do to help anyone else out there just ask. Donna

This is my first post .....I just joined yesterday ............

Has anyone personnlay ever dealt w/ this doctor Steward? I live by St. Joseph and I am hoping to have the surgery by the end of the year. I have thought about going to Mexico but the thought kinda scares me. I have read on one of the posts here on this site that Dr. Steward's self pay price is around $11,000. Why would his be so much cheaper than the rest here in the states?

If anyone has gone w/ any doctor here in Missouri I would greatly appreciate hearing who you went w/ and your thoughts ..... the self pay price also.

Hi I am new to this post but I am trying to find information for my granddaughter. I saw that you were having problems with your insurance paying for the sugery for your daughter. I was wondering if they ever came around. I also was wondering if we were on our government more to get the insurances to kick in with these surgeries if that would help

Carol Ann

but not without 9 months of FIGHTING. CIGNA (PP0) tried every rotten trick (including changing some of my paperwork) in the book. It is my understanding that many policies are being written with a 'bariatric exclusion' meaning they are saying upfront they won't pay for any type of WLS, no matter what. People should absolutely put pressure on our elected representatives to not let insurance companies get away with this! Insurance companies (despite what they tell you) are very profitable!! And, in many cases, WLS is actually cheaper than the effects of obesity (strokes, heart problems, diabeties, joint replacements,etc.) Good luck!

Guest searchin4me

I totally agree that you are preventing many complications by fixing the weight problem then to let it go untreated. :sick And unfortunatly alot of times you have to wait to have these other problem to be able to meet the qualifications to get the insurance to cover it. So where are they saving the money??? They aren't because by the time it is there it isn't curable so you must go the rest of your life treating what it is you were diagnosed with because you were over weight and the insurance wouldn't help until you already are diagnosed with it. It is a viscous cycle hope revise their policies soon.

Hi this is corkysue. I was wondering if medicade would pay for the lap Band surgery? I am still put out that the insurance companies won't pick this up and I am going to drive the state officials nuts with my complaint. Hopefully some one will notice. I hate to see how the media focus in on the obese and show the mid parts of a person or their behind. ""Not Nice" Another thing is maybe we can get a potition up with a lot of names and send to our goverment officials. Any other ideas let me know. Have a good day and to you all that have had the sugery good luck.

I Finally called Dr. Steward's office in Topeka and talked to a Rachel. Thier next meeting is August 13, 10 am - noon. I hope I like this man. His self pay is right at $11,000 .... that includes 1 year of follow ups and fills.

Anybody else here from MO that is wanting to get this done? I would LOVE to talk to you. Email me.