Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tube came apart from port

I have another question. Does your port move around? Mine in usually in my abdomen right side just below my waist. This am when I got up it was almost touching my ribs. This is so crazy.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I haven't felt around my port site in a few days, but when I did yesterday, I could tell it had moved upward. Is this a sign of the tubing coming loose?

I have had a slight prolapse since March, but I have been in pain ever since last Friday with these cramps. I'm so hoping that it isn't band related, and that it is just irritating my band. It feels like a runners cramp that you get, but this is worse and constant. I am starting to thing I am majorly constipated because I'm not having too much gas anymore, and I haven't been using the restroom all that well. The pain starts right under my ribcage and goes go to my belly button. I took some milk of mag. last night, and used the restroom a little this morning and I felt better. It gets worse though throughout the day. My doctor is out until the 20th so I hope this isn't going to hurt anything.

I was told that a muscle is where they stitch them to also. The CT I had said I have a moderate umbilical hernia which could be causing some problem but my port does move around. Most people that I've known that had umbilical hernias had protruding navels but mine doesn't.

There are a couple other places to put that port. Ask your surgeon and see what he recommends.

If he does relocate that Port,, have him fix the Hernia at the same time. Better then going back twice.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I haven't felt around my port site in a few days, but when I did yesterday, I could tell it had moved upward. Is this a sign of the tubing coming loose?

I have had a slight prolapse since March, but I have been in pain ever since last Friday with these cramps. I'm so hoping that it isn't band related, and that it is just irritating my band. It feels like a runners cramp that you get, but this is worse and constant. I am starting to thing I am majorly constipated because I'm not having too much gas anymore, and I haven't been using the restroom all that well. The pain starts right under my ribcage and goes go to my belly button. I took some milk of mag. last night, and used the restroom a little this morning and I felt better. It gets worse though throughout the day. My doctor is out until the 20th so I hope this isn't going to hurt anything.

I've been having this problem since March. I had a lot of trouble with Constipation. I take something every day for it if I have to. I will be seeing the PA at the hospital where my band was done at the end of this month and if I don't get any satisfaction from him I am going down to the ER. I had to have my band done at a hospital about 100 miles from here and none of the doctors in my town want to deal with it. I had a CT of the abdomen and pelvis and it showed a moderate umbilical hernia. The pain I have is sometimes stabbing, so stabbing it makes me jump. At other times if feels like something is pinching me. Then at times if just hurts. I have no idea if the port should move around like this or not but I do hope to find out.

Well after almost going to the ER last night because I was in so much pain (I let out a lot of gas that helped a lot), I decided to go to Urgent Care today near where I live. I didn't much like the doctor as he was only in my room about 2 minutes. He ordered a CT scan which I just completed. I will know late today or tomorrow what is wrong. I pray it is only a bad case of bowel issues and not band related. I am leaning on the side of band related just because I have a prolapse, but hopefully it isn't.

I didn't really have any pain while in the doctors office, but when I went to lay down for the CT scan, the pain started again. It progresses throughout the day and only is better when I am sitting down. Standing and laying down hurts.

This is what the PA that does when he does my fills. I haven't had a fill since I've been having this problem, but I go back the end of this month. In the meantime all of this pain is miserable. I've seen my PCP & my GYN doctor also like you. Does your pain move around your abdomen. Sometimes the pain is sharp stabbing like, other times like something is pinching me. Then at times it is

a dull ache.

My doc told me that a sharp pain near my port definately means the port has become detached! I'd insist on seeing your surgeon, not the PA!

I wish you good health..... Let us know how it goes.

Shirley.

Well I heard from Urgent Care about the results of my CT scan. Unfortunately, all my pain is band related.:(

The receptionist told me to see my doctor about the placement of the band. I was thinking I already know that because I have a prolapse (I am getting it checked on the 29th, but if this pain persists, I won't be able to last that long). I said so I had the scan for nothing because I already know this. She transferred me to a nurse who said they didn't see anything else wrong and that I needed to contact my band doctor or find another doctor to go to (I'm not sure what that means, but anyway). I asked about an obstruction, and she said they didn't find anything so my problems are band related. Not good. I am not having any problems eating or drinking so could it just be irritated or something?

I am going away for the weekend so I am probably going to be in pain the whole time. Oh well. This stinks.

I hope this all turns out,,,,, to be O.K. for you.

I hope this all turns out,,,,, to be O.K. for you.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I am still thinking some of it might be gas pains/bathroom issues because I keep having a lot of cramps near my belly button and a little below. Anyway, thank you again.

Well I heard from Urgent Care about the results of my CT scan. Unfortunately, all my pain is band related.:(

The receptionist told me to see my doctor about the placement of the band. I was thinking I already know that because I have a prolapse (I am getting it checked on the 29th, but if this pain persists, I won't be able to last that long). I said so I had the scan for nothing because I already know this. She transferred me to a nurse who said they didn't see anything else wrong and that I needed to contact my band doctor or find another doctor to go to (I'm not sure what that means, but anyway). I asked about an obstruction, and she said they didn't find anything so my problems are band related. Not good. I am not having any problems eating or drinking so could it just be irritated or something?

I am going away for the weekend so I am probably going to be in pain the whole time. Oh well. This stinks.

I would say your tube came undone from the port like mine :(

hope you enjoy ur weekend, sorry about ur pain.

your doc will order a panel of abd x rays to confirm whats going on. Good luck, keep us posted.

your doc will order a panel of abd x rays to confirm whats going on. Good luck, keep us posted.

If the tube came loose, wouldn't that make me lose all restriction I have meaning all the saline has leaked out? Just curious because I still have pressure like I am getting stuck if I eat too fast or something like that.

If the tube came loose, wouldn't that make me lose all restriction I have meaning all the saline has leaked out? Just curious because I still have pressure like I am getting stuck if I eat too fast or something like that.

I could never tell a diff after having my fills, so it makes me wonder how long the tube was undone before i started feeling the pain! SO I cant answer your question, sorry.

Saw one of my band surgeons associates today and after a CT report I took along he confimed what I already suspected that the tube came apart from my port and it is wondering around in my abdomen causing the pain. They also did a fluoro and there is was dangling. Do you have the Realize Band or the Lap Band? I won't get to see my Surgeon until the week after next so more pain but at least I know what it is.

My port did move around alot before my last surgery to fix the tube. He must have seen that it was to, because he moved it and attached it GOOD that time, so good, that I was sore for 6 weeks just at the port site, it was crazy.

We go into this surgery (having the band) knowing the risks, but you dont know about the little things that happen. Thats why this is a good site, so ppl can read our crazy stories, lol.

I go on the 22nd to have my 2nd repair. He will only put in a new band if the tubing is "broke" off. otherwise, hes just going to re-attach the tube to the port again, pushing it in further this time? If it happens again, im taking it out, a person can only handle so much.

Shedding the weight can be so hard, so I dont regret having the band done, I just wish it would stay in place, lol

Did you have tour repair done? I've been thinking about you and hope you are feeling better. I had a CT and the tubing did come apart. The PA tried to get into the port and he couldn't get in. They also did a fluoro and it was just hanging down in my abdomen. I go to see the surgeon Monday.

Saw one of my band surgeons associates today and after a CT report I took along he confimed what I already suspected that the tube came apart from my port and it is wondering around in my abdomen causing the pain. They also did a fluoro and there is was dangling. Do you have the Realize Band or the Lap Band? I won't get to see my Surgeon until the week after next so more pain but at least I know what it is.

yes, realize band! sorry this happen to you. Be sure ur surgen puts the tube on the port as tight as it will go, or this will just happen again, like it happen to me. i had mine fixed for the 2nd time 2 1/2 weeks ago and so far so good!

good luck to you!!!