Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BANDED THE 10TH and Now What?!?

So I had my surgery May 10th and today I feel no pain B) and can move around like normal and just a bit of tenderness and itching around the incisions but everything looks good the incision site are getting smaller by the day which is so exciting. But now I feel like I am in limbo. So I have the lapband (which is a major accomplishment) :D and I am adjusted to it and feel good again. But now I want to loose some weight! I am still on the liquid diet and will hopefully graduate to mushies sometime soon and being on liquids I am abviously losing about a half pound a day or more depending on how much walking I do but when I get to mushies I suppose that will stop dead in its tracks. :( So I guess I am in the waiting game again but this time for my Fills.....right?!? I guess those are the winning ticket in the lap band game?! I hope they come very soon! About when should us May banders expect our first fill? and about how much should I be getting? If anyone has any information on how I can keep losing weight while I wait for my fill that would be great. and any information about anything in general is always great MAY BANDERS ROCK! ;)

Congratulations, this is an exciting time as well as a frustrating one. From what I've been told by my Docs and other members on this site, and speaking from experience, the first month or so should be focused on recovery and getting to know your band not really the weight loss. I didn't get my first fill for 6 weeks after surgery because I was still in the healing process. The limbo you're feeling can last a few weeks or even months, everyone is different, some of us never experience that feeling, some of us are losing and never need a fill and some of us need several.

You must be patient you are only a week post-op . I lost 12 pounds my first week (fluids only) my second week (mushies) I gained a few back, but luckily they came off the following week. Do not get too hung up on the weight loss so early in the game, weight is a crazy thing and can go up and down until the band is working with you. The weight is not magically going to fall off, this is a process.

Although you may feel perfectly fine, you are still healing inside. My doctors said no heavy activity or lifting for 6 weeks, I too felt I could move around like normal so 4 weeks after surgery I decided to take the garbage out and I hurt myself, so be careful. Just take it easy, get to know your new tummy and allow yourself to heal. My advice to you now during your limbo period is to be careful with the food choices you make. The majority of any weightloss between now and when you reach your sweet spot might be on you. A month after surgery I was able to eat as much food with as much ease as I did before my band, that was scary, but after a fill (and now 3 fills) I can only eat half to a 3rd of what I ate before and it's wonderful.

BTW my first fill was 4ccs and 1cc for fills #2 and #3. They were all 4-6 weeks apart. I now have 6cc's in an 11cc band.

Good luck to you and remember to be patient.

I am supposed to get my first fill around June 16th. Thats 5 weeks from my surgery date. Not sure how much they will do. I agree with the above poster we are supposed to let this first 5 weeks be that of recovering, getting to know the band and not focus on losing. We are not supposed to do strenuous exercise but walking is good. I am like you. I just want to start losing but seeing as the band is pretty much a lifetime thing rolleyes.gif we do have plenty of time for that.

Sounds like you are doing great and that your head is in a good place. Heres to losing Dancing_tongue.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches