Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Don't Know How To Get Back On Track/Motivated

Hey Bandsters:

I thought I was having a good amount of restriction after a fill, but a couple of weeks later I was having trouble keeping food down so I had to have Fluid removed. Since then, I have had no resistance and no motivation, I have been eating things I shouldn't be eating, and feeling down and depressed about it

I spoke to my therapist and my shrink and they said I need to get back on track.

I have googled ways to motivate and get back on track and I feel a void.

A person said to me today no one can help me. Only I can control what I put in my mouth.

I have an appt with my fill doctor in a couple of days I don't know what he can reaLly do for me. Give me that kick in the pants that I oh so really need? How can I really make this work for me? Thanks for listening! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I find that what helps keep me motivated is setting little mini goals for myself. The overall goal seems so far away that sometimes it's nice to have little milestones to look forward to. It could be scale related (mine tend to be) or not. See if that helps.

How much Water are you drinking? If I don't have at least 64 ounces a day (and that's the bare minimum for me) I find myself being hungrier and eating things I shouldn't. Also try remembering why you got the band in the first place. I know personally I didn't go through all the pain of surgery and recovery and that horrible post op liquid phase just to go back to how I was before. I don't have that all or nothing mentality anymore that used to make me fail in the past. I don't have to be "good" all the time to lose weight and reach my goal, but most of my decisions should be healthy ones. Maybe that's what's getting in your way too.

Don't give up! You will find your motivation one way or another...good luck!

It's true that only you can control what you put in your mouth, but remember, that's what all of US are doing. So while I can't control YOUR eating, if I can control mine- while in bandster hell with no fill whatsoever- then I know you can do, it too! Would it help you to have another bandster to be accountable to? Like a bite it, write it partner?

If you have minute to be reading this, then stand up right this second and go for a five minute walk (around the block, building, inside your office, etc). Just do it NOW! In 5 minutes from now you will feel proud of this accomplishment. Whenever you make even the smallest decision heading you in the right direction, pay attention to your feelings and accomplishments. You will be empowered to succeed! It the small decisions which can lead to great weight loss! Good luck, succeed and enjoy the empowerment this short walk will provide!

Thanks so much for responding! I really appreciate the feedback! I didn't eat anything really bad today and I walked for 30 min. Maybe I am back in the game!

Woo hoo! I'm proud of you!

Thanks Bella Luna that means a lot!

Hey Bandsters:

I thought I was having a good amount of restriction after a fill, but a couple of weeks later I was having trouble keeping food down so I had to have Fluid removed. Since then, I have had no resistance and no motivation, I have been eating things I shouldn't be eating, and feeling down and depressed about it

I spoke to my therapist and my shrink and they said I need to get back on track.

I have googled ways to motivate and get back on track and I feel a void.

A person said to me today no one can help me. Only I can control what I put in my mouth.

I have an appt with my fill doctor in a couple of days I don't know what he can reaLly do for me. Give me that kick in the pants that I oh so really need? How can I really make this work for me? Thanks for listening! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I have not been banded yet but am in the lead up now.... and I have this question for you about getting back on track....... you, and all of us on here, are going through a drastic step for our health (surgery for weight loss is drastic) and as such the thought of putting the weight back on to me would be terrifying. You have made a lifelong committment to being healthy and doing so will involve some ups and down.......... and I agree.... it sucks to be off course but the only way to get there is to want it, and you do want it because you made the decision to committ to the surgery.... now be strong, set down the clicker or the mouse and go for a walk and havea Protein shake not a burger....... I know you can do it.......