Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was/is your weight gain like?

I am kind of distressed over how much I've gained so far in my pregnancy, and also still having about 10 weeks to go. My goal was to gain 15lbs TOTAL and for my past two check ups (still going once a month) I have gained 15lbs EACH time! So I am up to 30lbs gained at 29 weeks.

I am so afraid to put any more weight on. I lost 75lbs before I got pregnant and watching the scale go back up is really upsetting. I understand I have to gain for the baby etc...but I never intended to gain twice as much as I *should* have gained.

So what did you guys gain during your pregnancy? Did you find it easier or harder to get it off (or, the bigger question, HAVE you been able to get it off?)

Thanks!

Don't feel bad that was my same goal... and nope I gained 20lbs... I am back on the weight I had when I went to my Pre-op which is pretty depressing.. I did not unfill.. I am still at 9mm and have been eating pretty normal..like before I had my lap band. I also have 10 weeks to go and plan to not only breastfeed but, get on the Protein liquid diet to start all over again.... :)!

Take care of you and your little baby.. You will lose all that baby fat faster than you think :)!

I don't know, but it scares me enough I haven't been on the scale in 3 weeks. I went from only having my 3 small meals a day to eating a good sized bfast and being hungry 2-3hrs later. I'm nauseous until I'm hungry, then eat, then get nauseous after eating (until I get hungry again).

Don't feel bad I gained 74lbs during my pregnancy. My baby boy is a month old and I have lost ten pounds which was him and the placenta lol. I hope to get back on track once I get a fill.

If it's any comfort, you did a lot better than me :mellow: I have 11 weeks to go and have gained back 67 lbs SO FAR of the 88 lost post surgery. It's so depressing!!! I just have no control whatsoever over my eating without my "sweat spot". The only positive thus far is I don't have the high blood pressure issues I did with my previous pregnancies however I do have gestational diabetes again ughhh and will have to start insulin injections this week YUKK!!! I plan to breastfeed so not sure how long it will take for me to get back on track.... I'm hoping I'll be able to manage it a little better once I can get back for more fills! I struggled before to manage work, family & exercise and am just terrified of how I'll pull it off with a newborn EEK!

I wasnt banded when pregnant but all mine were different. I never had a serious weight problem but was always heavy, sitting at about 175 to 180 at five feet ten, so id always considered myself fat. First baby at 28 i gained the then recommended 12 kg, so 30 lb maybe, evenly through tha las half of the pregnancy. Got induced due to high blood pressure at 38 weeks, lost all that weight and maybe 8 lb more within six weeks. Second pregnancy at 30, my weight was sitting at the 185lb end by then,breastfeeding and being at home are not my friends. Had morning sickness, ate constantly as a result but had a false confidence as i had lost it easily the first time. Piled on 40 lb, lost, seriously, only the 9lb my baby weighed, plus about 10 more over the next eight weeks. That was the start of my serious weight problem. Gained up tp about 220 just breastfeeding, being at home, not exercising and goung on and off diets over the next five years. Fell pregnant at 35 and was seriously concerned now, my ob said to me that a baby needs nutrients, not fat and that simply by improving my diet i could halve calories yet provide better for my baby, he suggested weight watchers. Followd the points program entire pregnancy, about 28 points a day. No preclampsia this time as i gained NO weight at all, heald steady. Left hospital five days after delivery 30 lb lightervthan when i'd conceived, had to buy new clothes. Thats my best ever weight loss attemt prior to banding. Stacked it all back on plus 20 over the next two years, by now had a bmi of 36, fat,bloated, unattractive, tired and miserable. This is when i got banded.

Hope that epic helps, truly, for me it was more the way i let myself go in that year or two after pregnancy than pregnancy itself that made me fat.

Hi heather its been some months since this post. I guess you had your baby.. how r u doing? would love to hear from you !

I am kind of distressed over how much I've gained so far in my pregnancy, and also still having about 10 weeks to go. My goal was to gain 15lbs TOTAL and for my past two check ups (still going once a month) I have gained 15lbs EACH time! So I am up to 30lbs gained at 29 weeks.

I am so afraid to put any more weight on. I lost 75lbs before I got pregnant and watching the scale go back up is really upsetting. I understand I have to gain for the baby etc...but I never intended to gain twice as much as I *should* have gained.

So what did you guys gain during your pregnancy? Did you find it easier or harder to get it off (or, the bigger question, HAVE you been able to get it off?)

Thanks!