Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3.5 weeks post op.. NO fill yet and hungry.. Question.

Hello everyone...

I had my surgery on 2/11. I can tell my swelling has gone down from surgery this week because i am actually beginning to feel hungry. I have managed to eat three meals a day and each meal has been 4 oz each. (I am in the soft foods level of my progression back to regular foods). Until two days ago, i ate nothing but Proteins. (Fish, crabmeat, shirmp... chicken/turkey breasts). I started adding one ounce of veggies (greens, green Beans etc) to my meal and cutting out one ounce of Protein. And since i have done that i find myself hungry in less amount of time. I don't have restriction and my swelling has gone down a great deal so i am not surprised. I get my first fill on March 15th *which i am nervous about* but looking forward to. Also, i am no longer satisfied with the four ounces.... i stop eating but still... i find myself hungry.

Is it okay to eat some green beans or greens in between the meals? cucumbers? and if so how much should i limit myself to.

and this is real hunger... like my stomach is growling and everything so i know its true hunger.. and i don't want to starve myself... or should i just be hungry? i dont know...

helppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!! lol

thank you for reading.

I was scheduled for my first fill 4 weeks after surgery and didnt get one. My Dr said I was doing great.... and to keep doing what I was doing. My weight loss was excellent but I thought I was hungry because I had the growls too! He said to avoid snacking because it premotes the grazing mentality and see if I could get a few more weeks without the fill.

I made it to 7 weeks post op and I got my first fill (which doesnt hurt btw) and was thinking I would notice a huge difference. In all honesty.... I didnt.... other than I was more satisfied after the same meal I had been eating of 4 oz Protein, 1/2 cup veggies and 1/4 starch.

Today I went for my 3 month post op visit. I have lost 67 lbs and had a very small fill even though I am losing 2-3 lbs per week because lately I seem to be wanting and can eat more food than the amount I should have.

Everyone is different but just make sure you arent hungry in your head... its your wort enemy.

wow!! 67lbs in the three months! I need tips!! I had my surgery one month today and have lost 15lbs....

15 lbs is awesome! Thats 3.5 lbs per week!!!! Everyone is different and I think alot has to do with the amount you have to lose.... currently I am averaging 2 lbs per week which my Dr is thrilled with.... I am of course thinking its way to slow but I am learing patience! I had a 2 week pre-op diet where I lost 22 then since surgery I am down 44 lbs (3 months). I am just now starting to excercise... walking is it so far.

During the first month I was on liquids for 2 weeks then mushies for 1. It was hard to get to 1000 calories to be honest! I have no special tricks.... other than just make sure to eat no more than 1000 calories per day.... and follow my Dr's instructions to the letter. I use a free AP on my phone to track every morsal I put in my mouth!!! Including ketsup, salad dressing etc!

I am eating healthy and staying away from fried food and fast food. I dont care what any one tells you....Its sheer will power until you have a fill that gives you some decent restriction so don't get too disappointed. I am there now having had my 2nd fill last week. I am amazed at the difference a 1/2 a cc makes!

Its hard to push goodies, comfort foods and sweets away but I am doing it. Thats the will power part. Now with my latest fill even though head still wants me to overeat...... the band tells me I can't anymore.B)