Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2006 January Chat

Are you kidding? Are there really no other threads in the Massachusetts Local forum? My my ....we must have some other members from Massachusetts. I'm not seeing anything else in here though so I figured I'd start this one.

Anyone care to join in?

HI!

I'M HERE . LIKE YOU I AM CONFUSED THAT THIER ARE NOT MORE OF US FROM MA ON LINE HERE. WOULD LOVE TO CHAT SOMETIME.:)

TAKE CARE

TWINSMOMMY

I'm from Taunton...it's about 40 min South of Boston and 30 min East of Providence RI.

Yea I noticed no one was in the Massachusetts forums. Would be nice to know where everyone had their surgeries. It's part of why it takes a while for folks to find a surgeon they love. I thought maybe by starting this thread again someone from MA could get info or help they were looking for. Maybe we can help them :)

Hi !

I Am From Western Ma. Christina I Noticed That We Have The Same Doctor. I Am Just Waiting For Insurance To Ok Me So I Can Get A Date To Be Banded. I Hope It Won't Be Much Longer, I Was Told To Call The Office Tomorrow To Make Sure All My Papers Made It To The Insurance Girl In The Office. How Quick Were They In Getting Your Paper's In?

Talk To You Soon

Tammy

:) Hi all MA people... I will be banded 2/20/06 at Beth Israel Hosp in Boston... anyone had their band there? I am a nervous wreck!! people keep telling me I am crazy to have this done, but I know it is the right thing for me. I never feel full when I eat and eat and eat. I am 130lbs over my usual weight. I attribute my weight gain to being on antidepressants for 5 yrs. Let me know how you all did with your bandings

Juju

Welcome JuJu...I'm being banded on 2/13 at Beth Israel as well. It's normal to be nervous and if you weren't at least a touch nervous I'd say something was wrong! I got my date last week and I swear I've been eating more since UGH. I was doing so well too because we're told to lose 10 pounds before surgery. I lost 5 so far....staying the same but, I gotta lose 5 more. I'm having the surgery with Dr. Jones. Who did you go with? As far as people telling you you're crazy for doing it...1st It's no way near as drastic of a surgery as gastric bypass, its totally reversable if something should not agree and 3rd...IT'S YOUR LIFE. YOU know what you need and don't need so let them say what they want and don't take it to heart. I didn't tell many because I knew they would say something. I know how hard I've struggled to lose weight...I know how unsuccessful I am at it and keeping it off....I know I'm making the right decision. Although, there are days you do doubt yourself only because of the failed attempts at dieting in the past. Welcome to LBT Mass..I'm glad you're here :)

If your preop is 2/13 maybe you can come visit me :) I'm the first one in the operating room that day :confused:

Sherry

Hi everybody,

I am from the northshore, banded last monday at NEMC, -7 post op, still feel like I did 20000000 abdominal crunches but its getting so much better everyday. I work as a paramedic in the metro Boston plan to be a nurse in the near future, already miss my job but I will be back soon.

Good luck everybody

medic951

Welcome Medic and Tess glad to have ya. Congrats on the banding Medic. I have 30 days and 13 hours to go before I get mine hahaha. Looking forward to that day and that week off.

I do medical billing for a living and I work in Dedham. What's everyone else do? Have you tried some Protein liquids yet? What are you favorites?

Sherry,

I will try to stop by and see you prior to your surgery- I am having my preop at 8am- you might be in the OR by that time. If I don't get to see you, I will say a little prayer for you that all goes well.

bandayed- thanks for all the info on how your band went. I need to ask: what kind of Protein drinks did you do- Sherry, what have you tried- I like carnation instant Breakfast, but i don't want to do so many calories in one day.....

BI is the best!!! (I work there):rofl:

juju

Hey juju

Sounds like we'll be in the hospital around the same time. I'm told Pre-op will be around 4-5 hours I should be out of surgery before you're even finished since I'm going in at 7:30. If nothing happens and Dr. Jones has to do a different surgery first that is.

So far I really like Slim Fast's Low Carb Diet drink. That has 20 grams of Protein, only 1g sugar, 2g carb and 180 cals for 11 oz. I love the Creamy chocolate and vanilla Cream. The strawberry is really good too if you can find it. For a clear liquid Protein Drink I really like ProtiDiet liquid Concentrate. Yesss liquid so no lumps it has 1 g sugar, 2 carbs, 15 g of Protein and 70 cals. It says to mix in with 5 oz cold Water but, I put mine in a regular water bottle sometimes up to 24 oz and it's a great flavor and strength. Gets me to drink my Water plus gives me some protein. I bought the fruit punch, orange and grape. So far I've only had the fruit punch though and I love it. It tastes like a not so sweet Hawaiin Punch. Another thing I bought recently is the Lipton sugar free individual packets of green tea mix. One is lemon the other mandarine mango YUM. That's another thing I mix with more water than called for. Its just enough to make me want to drink the water and there is no after taste because it's made with Splenda. BIDMC gave me a nice package when I met with Dr. Jones to get my surgery date. It has a bunch of samples in it so I'll be trying some of those this weekend. Ohhh if you want the ProtiDiet go to www.i-shophere.biz Your first order if over $20 has free shipping PLUS you're allowed to pick three samples to try. When I got my box they gave me my 3 samples PLUS an addition 3 samples of their choice. Great way to try the products without having to buy and waste it. I'm getting ready to place another order so I know I'll have it for after surgery. They ship really fast too!

What do you do at BI? Which surgeon did you go with? Man it's such a big campus there hahaha. One way to get your exercise just trudging to all the offices for appointments hahaha

Sherry

Hi all!! :rockon:

I'm from Shrewsbury, just east of Worcester, MA. Was banded back in May and have become what is called a 'slow' loser. :rofl: Not happy with the lack of weight I've lost, but I've taked a vow of commitment on Jan. 1st, determined to get to onederland by my one year anniversary on May 3. That means I have to lose 31 lbs by then. So far, I've lost 33. I'm trying real hard not to get discouraged...that is a daily battle I fight. So, glad to see that there are other MA folks here...Looking forward to hearing more from all of you. :rolleyes: Take care and have a lovely day (even if it's raining) :rain:

Cathy

263/230/155

Hey Cathy, Sorry to hear it's been slow but, from what we've been told being banded is going to be slow. Think about how well you've actually done though :rofl: Pretty hard to do without the band as we all know. But you've kept it off as well :rolleyes: That's a great thing! One way to get to onederland is exercising a bit more, getting all your Water and Protein in and getting enough rest. Good luck and welcome ! I'm from Taunton....about 40 min east of Worcester