Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I recently read Star's magazine interview, who spoke eloquently and intelligently about her choice not to discuss how she lost weight. She admits to seeking medical attention to help her lose weight but specifically doesn't want to be the voice or poster child for her weight loss plan (or device, procedure, diet, etc.)

The way I see it, she doesn't want anyone asking for the "Star Jones Procedure" or "Star Jones diet." By keeping it secret, she doesn't have to worry about others that want the same thing she wanted.

Many people rely on celebrities and want to be like them. Could you imagine if someone got a bypass simply because a celebrity lost so much weight after a bypass? What if the person had bad complications or even death? The media would eat that celebrity alive. Celebrities can't keep people from blabbing secrets but at least Star covered herself by admitting she's not an advocate for what she did. Her hands are clean, just in case.

I used to liker Star until she mooched around to get everyone to pay for her wedding - come on! I heard she was such a bitch about things too with vendors etc.

Not that this matters because you can never trust what you read in the media - but one of those tabloid magazines caught a picture of her in a bikini when she was around 200lbs and you could very visibly see small laproscopic scars on her stomach in the same are as is common with WLS. Hers look very much like my own scars so I wouldn't rule out that she has a band and also in combination worked her ass off to lose that much that quickly. I'll give her that much - if she worked hard she could of done it with the band. They even did one of those zoom in shots where you could see the scars closer. They also had different pics of her during the various WL stages and to me she looked rockin at 200lbs - now at 140lbs she so skinny she scares me! Its like looking at a skeleton of her former self.

I do pilates and I weigh 269 lbs.

I also do yoga, walking, aerobics (for like 4 minutes lol), I wrestle with my bf, bike, treadmill. I think my level of activity is wonderful, considering I can clean a whole house in three hours, including washing floors on my hands and knees.

I don't let my nearly 300lb body stop me.

I do have somethign else to add about the comment: diet fails because people are not motivated or lazy... most of us on the message board probably have an eating disorder. We over eat a lot, or at least the unbanded ones. It is a very sad way to live life, but we are judged for it negatively.

The people who have other eating disorders, bulemia and anorexia, they are felt sorry for and pitied, they are not judged as harshly as we are. Someone sees a fat person and says 'oh my, look how fat and discusting! yuk!', and then they see an anorexic girl and say 'oh poor thing'.

That's all so sad, fat people arent fat because they are lazy, we're fat because we really just can't help it, no matter how many nights we cried, how many times we were made fun of, no matter how much we wished we could change. We go through such hard times being fat, we lose self respect and we stop loving ourselves. We lose hope in ever finding love.

We all hate being fat, hate ourselves for it, and we want to lose weight, yet we simply can't. It's just as hard for us to stop eating as it is for the anorexic girl to start.

I know that I can not speak for anyone else, but what I wrote above is something I say from the heart.

Maggie

Just look at all of the craze she is creating by being silent. Two years ago, she was a mildly noticed personality from a mildly watched talk show. Now she is one of the biggest celebrity secrets and all know her name. I say, ONE SMART BUSINESS WOMAN! But it is dragging on and on, she had a surgery. We all know that!

Star Jones, I feel doesn't have to tell anybody about her surgery if she doesn't want to...She has rights just like we do!! HOWEVER.....She shouldn't write a book about "her Weightloss" and make money off of what is a lie. She is leading innocent people thinking they can lose as much weight as she did and as fast as she did by however she says she did it!!! What a crock!!

I really don't care about Star Jones, and how she lost her weight really...but i feel sorry for the people who Believe she lost it by strenuous diet and exercise...and have her as a role model!

If it weren't for LBT, I don't even know who the woman is. I just see her name all over here, which is why I read the article. I wouldn't mind being scary thin. Bones n' all, I'll take it.

Not that this matters because you can never trust what you read in the media - but one of those tabloid magazines caught a picture of her in a bikini when she was around 200lbs and you could very visibly see small laproscopic scars on her stomach in the same are as is common with WLS. Hers look very much like my own scars so I wouldn't rule out that she has a band and also in combination worked her ass off to lose that much that quickly. I'll give her that much - if she worked hard she could of done it with the band. They even did one of those zoom in shots where you could see the scars closer.

I believe I broke that story several days ago if you read a few posts up...........

I think it is more likely that she had Gastric Bypass. I've seen her on the View several time eating food. She didn't chew, chew, chew, and went along sampling several dishes that they were featuring on the show. From what you guys have said I find it unlikely that she could do that without getting that "golf ball" effect in her chest, or sliming. What do you guys think?

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>I saw this on msn.com today....

Star's Surgical Scare

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=tp10 style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Jones' "life-and-death drama"; plus, Portia and Kristin on Hollywood's pressure to be thin, romance rumors and much more ...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=tp10 vAlign=top><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

March 21, 2006

Did Star Jones' bid for a firmer bod nearly end her life? The National Enquirer claims the "View" co-host, who has dropped more than 150 pounds over the last two-plus years, "almost died" late last week when she went under the knife for a breast lift.

Star reportedly suffered complications hours after the elective surgery, including internal bleeding and a near heart attack, and was rushed to Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

"Nurses saw her blood counts were dropping and she was going into shock. She was trembling and shaking uncontrollably," an insider tells the tab. "An ambulance was called and Star was rushed to Saint John's ER where she began blood transfusions to save her life. She lost close to half of her own blood and was in serious danger of going into cardiac arrest."

On Monday, Star was sufficiently recovered from her "life-and-death drama" to be transferred to an exclusive private clinic that specializes in post-op plastic surgery patients.

"She had an elective breast lift procedure. Star is recovering wonderfully," her spokesman tells the Enquirer (he denies In Touch's claim that she also underwent a Tummy Tuck "to remove excess skin").

So far there's no word on whether Mrs. Al Reynolds will be out of the hospital in time to Celebrate her 44th birthday on March 24 -- or if her hubby will be by her side.

Surprisingly enough, Al, the man Star has described as having "skin the color of cooked butter" and "the legs of a stallion" (they also have "an intoxicatingly sexual connection," which you didn't really need to know but why should we suffer alone with that knowledge), stayed behind in New York while she had the surgery.

And in an unfortunate coincidence, he ended up in the hospital on the same day as his wife. Both In Touch and the Enquirer report that Al was rushed to the ER after he cut open his noggin when he fell during a workout at a New York gym.

"He was taken to the emergency room where doctors administered several stitches," explains Star's rep to In Touch, adding to the Enquirer, "The doctors kept Mr. Reynolds overnight for observation. He is recovering and in good spirits."

Star, by the by, has declined to give details on how she dropped her excess poundage, although she told People back in January the process was helped along by a "medical intervention" (most bets are on gastric bypass). "I will not be the poster child for a particular method," she explained. "Only your doctor can tell you what will work for you."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok I have mixed feelings about this thread, I tend to think if she doesnt want to come right out and tell people what she had done who are we to criticize her decision. I mean I didnt want to tell my in-laws cause I felt like it was none of their business, doesnt she have the same right, even if she is in the spot light?

Does every "fat" actress owe us details if they lose weight? Oprah had no problem with telling the world and she made millions on it, I think I am on Star's side on this one. This is her personal very private matter (weight lost), I just hope no one says I looked better fat if I manage to lose my weight.

Here is something I read today on her.........

March 21, 2006

Did Star Jones' bid for a firmer bod nearly end her life? The National Enquirer claims the "View" co-host, who has dropped more than 150 pounds over the last two-plus years, "almost died" late last week when she went under the knife for a breast lift.

Star reportedly suffered complications hours after the elective surgery, including internal bleeding and a near heart attack, and was rushed to Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica.

"Nurses saw her blood counts were dropping and she was going into shock. She was trembling and shaking uncontrollably," an insider tells the tab. "An ambulance was called and Star was rushed to Saint John's ER where she began blood transfusions to save her life. She lost close to half of her own blood and was in serious danger of going into cardiac arrest."

On Monday, Star was sufficiently recovered from her "life-and-death drama" to be transferred to an exclusive private clinic that specializes in post-op plastic surgery patients.

"She had an elective breast lift procedure. Star is recovering wonderfully," her spokesman tells the Enquirer (he denies In Touch's claim that she also underwent a Tummy Tuck "to remove excess skin").

So far there's no word on whether Mrs. Al Reynolds will be out of the hospital in time to Celebrate her 44th birthday on March 24 -- or if her hubby will be by her side.

Surprisingly enough, Al, the man Star has described as having "skin the color of cooked butter" and "the legs of a stallion" (they also have "an intoxicatingly sexual connection," which you didn't really need to know but why should we suffer alone with that knowledge), stayed behind in New York while she had the surgery.

And in an unfortunate coincidence, he ended up in the hospital on the same day as his wife. Both In Touch and the Enquirer report that Al was rushed to the ER after he cut open his noggin when he fell during a workout at a New York gym.

"He was taken to the emergency room where doctors administered several stitches," explains Star's rep to In Touch, adding to the Enquirer, "The doctors kept Mr. Reynolds overnight for observation. He is recovering and in good spirits."

Star, by the by, has declined to give details on how she dropped her excess poundage, although she told People back in January the process was helped along by a "medical intervention" (most bets are on gastric bypass). "I will not be the poster child for a particular method," she explained. "Only your doctor can tell you what will work for you."

I think she looks creepy. That is mean to say, but true. I can see not wanting to tell people, but not if you are oging to do interviews about your weight loss and sell books. Then she makes it look like a joke. She is ridiculous.

It should be her own business......and who REALLY cares that much? Okay, I just realized I am bumping this thread.......Is there a "bumping irrelevant thread hell"? I am doomed!

the problem I have with Star is that she use to preach on the show about how no body is going to change her and that she is comfortable in her own skin. She use to say big is beautiful and that she loved herself. For every woman who believed in her, she let everyone down. The second she got a "man" (who is definitely rumored to be gay) she up and got the procedure done to look good for him. And then she wrote a damn book about it!!

not only is that tacky -- but it makes her a hypocrite and I really think she has zero credibility now. She should have just been honest about how she felt about herself. This wasnt for health it was for looks, and for security with some guy

She use to say big is beautiful and that she loved herself. For every woman who believed in her, she let everyone down.

I know what your saying, but who honestly ever tells the whole world...I hate myself...I think I am a fatass...I think I need to lose a ton of weight, and I am miserable with myself...ofcourse she is going to say she is ok with herself, and that big is beautiful...she was in the public eye, and had to stay positive...she wanted to keep a job on tv!