Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I'm glad she is at least admitting to "medical intervention". I mean come on, it's not like a reporter is hounding a celebrity to find out how she lost weight, the woman is writing and speaking about weight loss.

It's like writing a travel guide but neglecting to tell people she rode on a plane.

My hubby and I watched her on 20/20 the other night. We both think that she had the band. It seemed to me that she lost the weight more slowly than a bypass patient would have. The lady interviewing her was being a b!tch though. I don't really care for Star, but I think she looks great now and if she had surgery that is her own business... BUT like someone else said... she tries to get all this publicity for everything and wants to pick and choose certain secrets??? I think being in the public eye is just something the rich and famous must deal with.

My only problem with her not telling is that she is profiting off of her life experiences/changes by writing this book. No doubt, the weight loss is a big part of her change and many will buy the book looking for an answer to how do you lose 150 pounds? They won't find it. Maybe it's clear to us she had WLS, but what about the people who think they just aren't "strong" enough to do it on their own like Star Jones, when we know statistically it's very unlikely anyone can lose and maintain that kind of loss.

I just think if she's going to discuss her weight loss in a for profit manner she should be open and honest.

apparently she just started blogging a few days ago at http://journals.aol.com/starjrblogger/Shinetheofficialblog/ today's entry says "Next time, let's talk about the two questions I've been asked the most: "Why didn't she tell how she lost the weight?" "What makes her an expert on relationships?...she's only been married a minute!"" so maybe tomorrow she'll be in more of a mood of truth telling. maybe not. i guess i'm kind of conflicted about her persona. i cheer her on for taking this thing on (life, weight, finding a partner, keeping some parts of her life private) but i agree with so many of you here: don't write a book about how to swim to england when you flew!

I probably tell more than I should about my antics and I certainly told about the surgery. I don't get being secretive about it but some folks are just more private.

It's always interesting to me when I hear this. I've been called secretive in my life because I'm not an open book.

One of my coworkers is the exact opposite. She'll tell anything to anybody. I'm talking chapter and verse. In the last twelve months, she's messed up her ankle, fell off a chair and aggravated an old knee injury, threw her back out, had to get braces because she was grinding her teeth, and also gets Migraines on a regular basis and has to inject herself with medicine. Every time something happens to her, she tells the story in detail over and over and I wonder why she feels like she has to broadcast it. I'll be flat out honest, I don't care about her health issues. I really don't. And I would never ask her or anyone else to tell me the details of their medical issues.

But I guess that just means there are two kinds of people in the world, right? :)

Anyway, back to star jones...I saw her on Larry King last night. I knew she'd lost weight, but I thought she was still heavy. I didn't realize just how much she'd lost! She says she's a size 10 now. I'm not sure if I believe that, but she looks totally different. She won't say how she lost weight because she doesn't want people to follow her example. So what can we conclude other than A) she had WLS or :confused: did something really dangerous to herself?

Her interview on the show saddened me. I was never a BBW, never large and in charge, cruvy and sassy. I know that I will never be happy so long as I am obese. But I liked to think that there were some women out there who are fine with themselves the way they are. She said she was one of those, but she was lying.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Personally I don't care what she had done, but why have interviews about your new found figure and not tell others how you did it. To me all she is saying is "look at me ain't I hot". and "no I ain't telling how I did it." If she does not want to tell then don't do a friggin interview.

I personally think she had bypass because she lost it fast and she looks gaunt in the face and the people I personally know look the same way. Something about their eyes...maybe malnutrition, not sure.

Star's in the public's eye and that means her life is WIDE open. A lot of us don't want people to know we had WLS, so I can see why she wouldn't want the public know either, let alone be the poster child for it. I know I put on a "I'm fat and beautiful" attitude. I believe it, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to lose weight. I say "you go girl"! I think she looks beautiful!

Dieting has almost a 100 percent failure rate without mechanical intervention.

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree with you on this. Weight loss surgery has not always been around, and people still lost weight by eating healthy and exercising. People continue to lose lots of weight and keeping it off without "mechanical intervention."

To say otherwise, is pessimistic, fatalistic, and down right a cop out.

Now, now, Tropicana. I don't think that's true, or necessary to say. Dieting has been proven to have something like a 90% failure rate, so it's not "pessimistic, fatalistic, and down right a cop out" to say so.

I find it facinating that the stats are just like alcoholism only 5% percent of us (I am one) stay sober for the long haul I think it is frustrating tht Star won't talk but Hey! whatever... I, sadly- am an open book.. I don't tell everyone my stuff but enough. I have given up etoh 10 yrs then nicotine 5 years and now my final and most daunting addiction food.

There are other ways to keep it off other than mechanical but for me its about my addiction and anything I can do to help I'm up for it. I went to AA for ETOH I did the patch for nicotine and now I did the band after years of rebound weight gain. I am okay with that but when I was heavier I had to give myself some self esteem and believe I was beautiful INSIDE just so I would not go insane. Right now I have been banded since Oct and have only lost 17 # mostly in first 2 mth. The scale has not budged I am down one --2 sizes but ouch. I see Star and think DAMN I am work ing hard at least I think I am had 2 fills exercising 4-5 days a week.. ARGGG anyway I don't think Star is as pretty now I think maybe a little more weight like a 12 or 14 and she'd be hot. I still want to be full and huggable I don't wan to be fragile Shoot I wan to be able to see my private parts and tie my shoes wear a nice dress and show my arms.

Thanks guys I love reading you you make it bearable

Elda

I just wanted to throw my opinion in - I can't stand to look at her anymore because I think she looks sooo gross! That is one lady I can honestly say looked better when she was bigger. I lost all favortisim towards her with the whole wedding & weight loss deal - give me a break! She was sooo chincy when it came to the wedding - trying to get everything for free etc etc. I did see a pic of her that I thought was pretty mean - it was in one of the grocery store tabloids so I picked it up and it showed a picture of her in her bathing suit - which was cute but they were making fun of her because she had a big fat roll that could be seen overhanging a smaller fat roll - and the headline said something about how guess she needed to lose more weight! Give me a break - she needs to put some back on in my opinion. Yikes - her face scares me anymore B)

When I worked in the hospital ETOH was code for intoxicated