Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*~January 2011 Bandsters~*

I was banded on January 10th and lost ten pounds the first week and only another 15 since then. I go in for my first fill next week. I'm hoping the weight loss speeds up after that.

I was banded on 01/07/11 went for first fill on 02/07/11 and they said I did not need since I was doing good and not hungry..But I am not losing weight!! Getting frustrated but I know this is going to take time. Have lost 20 pounds so far, not too bad? :)

Once I started getting more calories in (like 1300-1500) I started losing more. You're not eating enough, even if you were losing. :D

Banded 1/26/11. Glad you made the thread. Im doing good trying to stay positive but since ive started food my weight loss has STOPPED. Im sure it will kick back up so im gona keep following the rules stay positive. Im still out of work had to stay out 6 weeks i have a very physical and demanding job i work with meantally physically disabled individuals so i couldn't go back without restrictions. I think once i go back to work plus exercising the weight will start to come off. STAY POSITIVE EVERYONE THIS IS JUST THE BEGINING.

Do anyone elese have problems "using the bathroom" I go 5 or 6 days without until i take a lax.? Im drinking my 0 cal liquids and i do treadmill or Micheal Jackson The Experience on the WII. Im only eating protien(around 3 oz 4x day) When i need something between i eat sugar free Jello or pickle to try to ty me over.i've done low carb since Nov. hard to find low carb Snacks so i stick with Jello pickles and crystal light popsicles. I know i could exercise more since im not working but just havn't wrapped that around my head yet :(

I'm only getting in around 600 or 700 cals. and they say that might be my body holding on cuz it's not enough. I get my first fill 3/8/11 on my 6week visit then i can start low carb veg. and i will go back to work after my visit maybe things wiil start moving again.

I don't exercise as much as I should. I do arms, while watching tv, every other day, and when I think about it I do an exercise show. If you have OnDemand, check out ExerciseTV. There are TONS to choose from. Anything you could ever want to do.

My husband wants me to ask everyone how much you've been exercising. I walked a few times in the first few weeks, but not regularly till last week and he is convinced my metabolism has slowed. But then why does everyone else on here seem to be having such huge success? Have you all been exercising like rock stars?

I was banded on January 10th and lost ten pounds the first week and only another 15 since then. I go in for my first fill next week. I'm hoping the weight loss speeds up after that.

That sounds like a lot to me!

I was banded on Jan 28th , so far I have lost 35 pounds , I still keep to the liquid diet some what ,for Breakfast I have a shake , snack I eat a cheese stick , lunch shake again , snack cheese stick again and dinner I eat a low carb meal , I have not started working out yet , figure since I have a very physical job that would be my workout

Hello all,I was banded 1/6/11 had my first fill 2/18/11 so far I lost 20 pounds and counting!!I am exercising everyday and joined a gym on Monday I also take zumba class on Tuesday's started that 3 weeks ago :-) glad everyone is good keep in touch people !!!

I was banded on 1/28/2011. I lost 1lb. pre-op, I was disappointed. As of today I've lost 23lbs. I go in for my first fill on March 4th. I'm hoping this will satisfy my hunger, and help me shed some more weight!

Good luck to everyone! :)

I was banded Jan 14th. I lost 11 pounds preop and 14 pounds post op, so 25 pounds in all. I had my first fill this past Tuesday (2 cc in 10 cc band) and am doing well. I will have a second fill in approximately 2 weeks. I am VERY happy I made the decision to get banded. Congrats to us!!! Let's all keep up the good work.

I was banded on 1/5 and to date I have lost about 28 lbs. I am waiting to update my ticker until after I get my 1st fill on 3/1. I do 33 minutes of cardio (its a WTLS program on my elliptical) every other day. The weight loss certainly seems to have slowed down for me, but I can really "see" the difference. I took my measurements the day after surgery and then again on 2/6 and had lost 27 inches total. Talk about motivation! For those of you that are working out and not seeing the results on the scale (for everyone really) I highly suggest you do this. It's not all about what the scale is telling you :)

That is one thing i am mad at myself for, i didnt take any measurements before surgery! I know ive lost some serious inches because if i didnt have a belt i couldnt wear any of my pants. I also just had my first fill on monday... it was very weird to say the least it just felt strange,didnt hurt at all thankfully! i got 4cc and i can def. see a difference its pretty neat. good luck to you all

I wad banded 1/19, I feel wonderful!I am down a total of 35lbs. 18 before 17after surgery. I had my first fill 2/18 and go in 3/18 for another. I dont fight to much actual hunger. But heaf hunger creeps up here and there, and that's a battle.

Exercise, I go on walks and gym, but not a good schefule. Gonna start going in the mornings before work.Only time in my schedule!

Everyones doing so well. Keep it up!!!

I guess my progress isn't as bad as I thought. I went in for my appointment, and the doctor said that since I was still losing and not hungry, he wasn't going to do a fill. He said he'll do one when I come in weighing the same as or (horrors) more than the previous appointment. He said there is no need to do a fill unless I'm not losing. I do keep my own weekly records, and this month it's been a pound or less a week. I think sometimes that because we see so much loss in the first couple of weeks, we get impatient later on when the weight loss slows. I know my mom is impatient. She asks me every Saturday what the "magic number" is. If it's 1 or 0, she starts lecturing. She insists I should be losing 5 pounds per week. I keep telling her I had lapband, not gastric bypass (like my cousin - who did lose at that rate) and weight loss is slower with a band, but she still gripes at me, telling me I must be cheating.

I'd like to start exercising, but since the doctor took me off of my arthritis meds, my knee is absolutely killing me. The pain will sometimes wake me up in the middle of the night. I'd love to take my granddog for a walk but I'm scared to death I'll get halfway around the block and be in so much pain I won't be able to make it home. So I'm going to wait until our pool opens and do my walking in the Water so there's less strain on my knee.

Denise