Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Democrat COWARDS

ariscus99
Sign in to follow this  

It was unions that built the middle class

Very anecdotal, this is an op-ed piece? Mediocrity at it's best I guess.

Like the Florida governor he turned this down because if it fails the fallout would be on the state with no support from the feds potentially bankrupting them. I don't blame him.

Then you better hurry and tell those Democratic governors who are saying - hey, if they don't want the money - send it our way. Guess they didn't get the neocon memo. Good thing the states under Eisenhower didn't predict failure for the highway system he built and reject the money. But those elected reps back then were reasonable and didn't have as their main goal to: have the democratic president fail, bust the unions (and the democrat's base) and restrict women's rights to reproductive services. They actually wanted to promote investment in America and cause America to succeed and progress.

One democrat after railing about the violent rhetoric does the same thing he was condemning a few weeks ago, and another tells a female coworker that she is "fucking dead" and you have nothing to say? Disgraceful. You've hit a new low.

And after the Arizona shooting you agreed with all of those who blamed the hateful, violent, gun-rhetoric that passes for political debate on the right? Palin, limbaugh, sharon angle, etc? As I recall, you tried unsuccessfully to tie the shooter the left and I don't recall you denouncing the violent, hate filled rhetoric on the right.

As for hypocrisy - well it is the oxygen of the republicans and neocons. You need to go back and read the thread (now closed) that I started about republican hypocrisy. Not a single post I made was refuted.

And what about you? Nothing to say about the lastest polls that show the support is for unions both across America and in WI and against Walker.

And after the Arizona shooting you agreed with all of those who blamed the hateful, violent, gun-rhetoric that passes for political debate on the right? Palin, limbaugh, sharon angle, etc? As I recall, you tried unsuccessfully to tie the shooter the left and I don't recall you denouncing the violent, hate filled rhetoric on the right.

As for hypocrisy - well it is the oxygen of the republicans and neocons. You need to go back and read the thread (now closed) that I started about republican hypocrisy. Not a single post I made was refuted.

This is nothing but a dodge by you again. And as I showed with witness statements by the AZ shooters friends, teachers, and aquatint's if he had any political leaning it would be left, but the bottom line with that guy was he was a nut job. Violent rhetoric had nothing to do with his shooting. I'm not denouncing what this assclown from WI said, I'm saying why isn't the left and those who were screaming about violent rhetoric making these wackjobs brake down and kill people, why aren't THEY denouncing this? This morning around 9am pst I searched CNN MSNBC ABC CBS and the HLN website for anything about this story, which broke yesterday afternoon, and there wasn't a single word about it. That is hypocrisy, you know it, you can't refute it, so here you are pointing the finger else where, exactly as I predicted you would do in my post, thanks for proving my point!

And what about you? Nothing to say about the lastest polls that show the support is for unions both across America and in WI and against Walker.

You seldom see me post polls as they are very biased by how the question is stated, but here are a few for you

48% of likely voters back GOP Governor Walker 38% back unions, 11 point difference.

In 2008, 56 percent of Wisconsin voters supported Barack Obama for president. In 2009, Wisconsin's Democratic governor and Democratic Legislature passed legislation that raised taxes and fees by about $1.2 billion over three years. State lawmakers approved the bill on the very day it was introduced, with no public hearing. Remember that.In 2011, the tables have turned. The Assembly has 60 Republicans to 38 Democrats, and the state Senate is weighted 19 Repubs to 14 Dems. GOP Gov. Scott Walker has inherited a budget shortfall that is expected to grow to $3.6 billion over the next two-year budget. He has presented a budget-repair plan that would require most public employees to pay 5.8 percent of their salaries toward their (very generous by private standards) pensions and pay 12.6 percent of their health care premiums. The state is broke, Walker argues, and by essentially cutting workers' compensation by 7 percent, he hopes to avoid layoffs.

Walker's plan also would curb public employees' collective bargaining.

GOP supporters point to the vast chasm between private-sector and public-employee unions: Private-sector unions don't get to pick with whom they negotiate; public-employee unions do, which is why there are no brakes on runaway government spending. Even President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed collective bargaining for government employees.

Besides, as Democrats used to say fondly, elections have consequences.

Walker had the votes to pass his budget-fixer bill. The Dems did not. So, rather than lose in a fair vote, 14 Democratic senators fled the state in order to prevent the quorum necessary to pass Walker's package.

It has been instructive to watch California Democrats reacting to the Wisconsin rout. For years, I've had to listen to them moan about the tyranny of the two-thirds threshold needed to raise taxes and the cheek of Republicans who voted against budgets with tax increases. Now Wisconsin Dems take a powder, and suddenly, those concerns about the minority party having too much power melt away.

Ditto the sermons on civility.

If you've followed the drama, you've seen the signs comparing the governor to Hitler and ousted Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak. Speaking at a labor rally in Boston, Rep. Michael Capuano, D-Mass., said that sometimes it's necessary to "get a little bloody." And you know about the teachers who skipped school -- and forced schools to close -- in order to protest those lawmakers who weren't playing hooky.

Many of the players have not been a credit to their cause -- which may explain why union leaders, who initially balked at Walker's compensation cuts, budged. They understood that the public wasn't buying the argument that their resistance was not about money.

Now they say the fight is over something bigger than money -- and now they're right.

"This is all about power," Democratic pollster Paul Maslin told me from his Madison, Wis., home. "This is all about busting the unions; this is all about (Walker) giving himself national prominence." As far as Maslin is concerned, Walker has crossed the Rubicon.

If Walker's move simply were about balancing the budget, his critics now argue, he would cut a deal and move on.

Conservative Milwaukee talk-show host Charlie Sykes agreed. When I asked him if Wisconsin Republicans are trying to turn off the spigot of political donations from public-employee unions, Sykes answered, "Absolutely."

Badger State Democrats fled Madison, Sykes added, because "they see this as a real threat to the mother lode of campaign cash. The left is going to have to raise money the old-fashioned way: voluntarily."

I tell Sykes that if I were Walker, I'd take the benefits concessions and declare victory. One of my beefs with the right is that conservatives often don't know how to take "yes" as an answer.

I'd look at the 2008 vote, at how quickly cheeseheads can pivot to the other side of the aisle, and I'd also be afraid of overplaying my hand, as the right frequently does.

Maslin isn't convincing when he complains about Republicans trying to jam through a bill in one day. (See above.)

He is more convincing when he looks at 2008 and assures me that some of the 19 GOP state senators are afraid: "There's a tough thing going on here. I would say the 14 (Dems) are feeling much better for what they've done than some of the 19 (Repubs)."

But Sykes tells me that when the Madison story went national, Wisconsin conservatives saw an opportunity that may never come again. Their resolve hardened.

"The country is on the edge of a precipice," he explained. He would have expected to see Republican lawmakers get weak-kneed by now. Instead, they're thinking, "We've got to decide right now. Are we going to become Michigan? Are we going to become California? Or are we going to turn things around?

"Nobody is in the mood to go for the half-measures."

And this little number about how the poll you showed is wrong.

Just another reason polls can't be trusted for much.

Some more outrageousness offered by democratic cry babies in WI, defend these too, it'll be fun to hear.

From the JSonline

Hintz wasn’t the only out-of-control lawmaker. At least one lawmaker sitting in the Democrats’ area reacted to the Assembly’s final approval of the bill by throwing either a cup or a bottle of Water at Republicans. Lawmakers sitting nearby confirmed this, and Litjens said that when she saw that, she ducked and made for the exit.I wrote the other day that while Democrats appear to have no real plan for controlling spiraling public-sector labor costs, they seem instead to have an absolute certainty that their side is morally right and in exclusive possession of rightness. That would certainly fit. Anger is normal when losing a vote, especially as inevitably as this, but how do you explain lawmakers who feel the moment calls for “outbursts” that require later apologies, who feel that cup throwing is justified? Half the Democratic Legislative caucus feels somehow justified in shutting down the Senate entirely. Mobs outside feel justified in shutting down reports by news correspondents they don’t agree with.

It’s tempting to let it pass until you remember that not a month ago, the left was still delivering pious lectures about how conservatives ought to watch their mouths lest they set off gunmen. The left spent two years prattling on about how dangerously impolite tea parties were, how Fox News ought to be shut down for the good of civility. Then the moment the teachers union’s death grip on our schools and our wallets faces a challenge, the left reacts hysterically, dropping the F-bomb in the Assembly and parading with signs about gang rape.

The best answer, of course, is to remain utterly polite in the face of it — we do all have to live together, once the budget is passed — and to remember, the next time the left is back to lecturing us, that they mean not a syllable of it as anything other than political tactic.

You seldom see me post polls as they are very biased by how the question is stated, but here are a few for you

48% of likely voters back GOP Governor Walker 38% back unions, 11 point difference.

And this little number about how the poll you showed is wrong.

Just another reason polls can't be trusted for much.

So, this right wing crack pot didn't like the wording of the poll that undercuts his views. Wow, I'm shocked.

Some more outrageousness offered by democratic cry babies in WI, defend these too, it'll be fun to hear.

From the JSonline

If you saw the outrageous way they took the vote in less than a second, literally less than a second, I would say that having a cup of Water thrown was getting off easy for anyone nearby. Check out the video of the vote.

This is nothing but a dodge by you again. And as I showed with witness statements by the AZ shooters friends, teachers, and aquatint's if he had any political leaning it would be left, but the bottom line with that guy was he was a nut job. Violent rhetoric had nothing to do with his shooting. I'm not denouncing what this assclown from WI said, I'm saying why isn't the left and those who were screaming about violent rhetoric making these wackjobs brake down and kill people, why aren't THEY denouncing this? This morning around 9am pst I searched CNN MSNBC ABC CBS and the HLN website for anything about this story, which broke yesterday afternoon, and there wasn't a single word about it. That is hypocrisy, you know it, you can't refute it, so here you are pointing the finger else where, exactly as I predicted you would do in my post, thanks for proving my point!

I couldn't find the story on Fox News either. Maybe because it didn't happen.

After the Arizon shooting I didn't hear anyone from the right denouncing the violent, hateful, gun methaphor rhetoric that the political right tries to pass as legitimate political discourse. Not one. In fact, they became defensive of it or in some cases tried to backpedal. palin even went so far as to post a video defending her extreme rhetoric. Neither you, nor anyone else on the right, denounced this and those right wingers in the media bashed those who did.

So don't bring up this one example (that no major news station, including fox, is reporting) and try to hold it to a different standard than you held the right wing hateful rhetoric.

How do you spell hypocrisy - R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N

The Wall Street Journal is hardly a bastion of liberalism:

NBC/WSJ poll: 62% against stripping public employees' bargaining rights

Mark Murray writes:Strong majorities of Americans say they are comfortable with states requiring their employees to pay more for their retirement and health care to balance state budget deficits, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

But the public is adamantly against eliminating public employees' collective-bargaining rights -- as Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker ® is pursuing.

In the poll, a whopping 68 percent find it acceptable requiring public employees to contribute more of their pay for retirement benefits; 63 percent are fine with requiring these employees to pay more for their health-care benefits; and 58 percent are OK with freezing public employees' salaries for one year.

But just 33 percent say it's acceptable -- and 62 percent say it's unacceptable -- to eliminate these employees' collective-bargaining rights as way to deal with state budget deficits.

In addition, 77 percent believe that public employees have the same collective-bargaining rights (when it comes to health care, pensions, and other benefits) that union employees who work for private companies have.

The entire poll -- which was conducted Feb. 24-28, and which has a margin of error of plus-minus 3.1 percentage points -- will be released at 6:30 pm ET.

It's no wonder that fox news viewers are the most misinformed and the most likely to believe false information about American political news than any other news channel

Wed Mar 02, 2011 at 09:36 AM EST

Fox News busted in a brand new lie

The left is on fire again about this latest Fox news blatant "editing" lie. Special thanks are in order for Keitho who posted this latest ruse.

O'Reilly was interviewing Mike Tobin about how violent the Wisconsin protest have become. Remember this is the same guy who lied about getting hit at a Wisconsin protest--only to have that myth debunked by video evidence on Mediate.

He lied.

While Bill and Mike exchanged their lies about the Wisconsin protesters, there was a tape rolling with angry people yelling --cops on horses separating the crowd--it was wild and out of control.

Wow, it's amazing that not a single newspaper, radio station, cable, local or network news service picked up this huge battle on the streets of Wisconsin. But somehow, Fox got the story.

Oh wait, where are the heavy coats, the ear-muffs and the snow that we've seen in every shot? Oh my goodness, look at that street lined with beautiful green palm trees at the 15-second mark.

Wait, a street lined with green palm trees on the streets of Wisconsin?

Where?

Certainly no one in Wisconsin has ever seen that street. So why is Bill O'Reilly showing a violent protest from some other state by some other group at some other time to imply that they were the Wisconsin protesters?

Because fox news lies, fox news lies, fox news lies, fox news lies...

video:

I couldn't find the story on Fox News either. Maybe because it didn't happen.

Well seeing as how he apologized for doing it, it probably happened.

After the Arizon shooting I didn't hear anyone from the right denouncing the violent, hateful, gun methaphor rhetoric that the political right tries to pass as legitimate political discourse. Not one. In fact, they became defensive of it or in some cases tried to backpedal. palin even went so far as to post a video defending her extreme rhetoric. Neither you, nor anyone else on the right, denounced this and those right wingers in the media bashed those who did.

So don't bring up this one example (that no major news station, including fox, is reporting) and try to hold it to a different standard than you held the right wing hateful rhetoric.

How do you spell hypocrisy - R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N

The republican's aren't mad that it's hate speech, this is what your not getting, they're mad that this hypocritical BS isn't being covered by the media like every little word the republican's and tea partyer's was. That's the story. What would the headline have been if a republican threw a water bottle at a democrat, or told some dem that they were "fucking dead". Hell it was top headline for a week when that republican called obama a liar at the SOTU last year. This is sick, and your sick for perpetuating it, and then, as I predicted you would, trying to point the finger in the other direction to deflect the attention. Your caught, and you don't know what to do because your bias is so strong you can't even point out the wrong doings of your beloved democrats. Your getting sadder with every post.

<br>It's no wonder that fox news viewers are the most misinformed and the most likely to believe false information about American political news than any other news channel<br><br>Wed Mar 02, 2011 at 09:36 AM EST<br><br><br><b><a href="http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/02/951715/-Fox-News-busted-in-a-brand-new-lie" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">Fox News busted in a brand new lie</a></b><br>The left is on fire again about this latest Fox news blatant "editing" lie. Special thanks are in order for Keitho who posted this latest ruse.<br><br>O'Reilly was interviewing Mike Tobin about how violent the Wisconsin protest have become. Remember this is the same guy who lied about getting hit at a Wisconsin protest--only to have that myth debunked by video evidence on Mediate.<br><br>He lied.<br><br>While Bill and Mike exchanged their lies about the Wisconsin protesters, there was a tape rolling with angry people yelling --cops on horses separating the crowd--it was wild and out of control.<br><br>Wow, it's amazing that not a single newspaper, radio station, cable, local or network news service picked up this huge battle on the streets of Wisconsin. But somehow, Fox got the story. <br><br>Oh wait, where are the heavy coats, the ear-muffs and the snow that we've seen in every shot? Oh my goodness, look at that street lined with beautiful green palm trees at the 15-second mark.<br><br>Wait, a street lined with green palm trees on the streets of Wisconsin?<br><br>Where?<br><br>Certainly no one in Wisconsin has ever seen that street. So why is Bill O'Reilly showing a violent protest from some other state by some other group at some other time to imply that they were the Wisconsin protesters?<br><br>Because fox news lies, fox news lies, fox news lies, fox news lies...<br><br>video: <a href="
class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">http://www.youtube.com/...</a><br><br><br>

Speaking of lies, here's one from the daily kos. Read what you just posted because it's a lie. In the full segment with Mike Tobin there are SEVERAL DIFFERENT protest's shown, those taking place in WI are labeled Madison, WI, those that took place elsewhere are not. It doesn't really take a genius to be able to discern that. Here's the full video, with the labels of where the protest were taking place, more disgusting dishonesty from the left that's grasping at whatever they can as the party topples. Very sad to see you all struggling like this. But kind of funny/ironic considering two years ago the left was saying the republican party was dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXMwjUuPFg0