Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really...Seriously...Come On!

1p=16oz

1/2pd=8oz

1/4pd=4oz

1cup=16 tbsp

1/2cp=8tbsp

1/4cp=4tbsp

8oz=1cup

4oz=1/2cp

2oz=1/4cp

So 1/2 cup=4oz. 1/2 cup=8tbsp. 1/2cup=1/4pnds.

Never said I measured in pnds. It would take me 16oz or 2cups or 32 tbsp to = 1pnd.

The ounces to cup measurement you have here is for liquids, not solids. Various solids have different weights. For example, 4 ounces of cornflakes will be a lot more than 1/2 cup of cornflakes if you put them into a measuring cup. Something really heavy, perhaps like steak, 4 ounces of steak may end up being 1/3 of a cup if you stuffed it into a measuring cup.

I can guarantee you that 2 cups of cornflakes does not weigh one pound.

Did I explain that ok or did I confuse you more?

1p=16oz

1/2pd=8oz

1/4pd=4oz

1cup=16 tbsp

1/2cp=8tbsp

1/4cp=4tbsp

8oz=1cup

4oz=1/2cp

2oz=1/4cp

So 1/2 cup=4oz. 1/2 cup=8tbsp. 1/2cup=1/4pnds.

Never said I measured in pnds. It would take me 16oz or 2cups or 32 tbsp to = 1pnd.

I try to stayunder 1200 calories a day. I give myself a window so that i try not to overdue it

800 - 1200 calories a day.

Was never confused at all thats why I wouldn't put my food in a measuring cup cuz I know Cereal would weight less than meat. My point is my nut got me on 1/4 cup food and to weight it on a scale she wont me to eat 2oz. I'm not confused. But I understand what your saying. My ? is how many oz of food should I be eating if not 2?

Still don't get your response but me saying I can increase my food from 1/4 to 1/2 mean I can go to 2oz to 4oz. How is that not right? How many oz of food do you get out of 1/4 cup when you measure on a food scale? You told me it wasn't right so what's right?

Putting Fluid ounces on a scale for mass would depend on the density of the food.

Quoting you, "when i weight my food out its usually between 2.5 to 3.5 oz so i know it wouldn't hurt to go to 4oz" This indicates to me that you are putting it on a food scale and measuring its mass. When nutritionists talk about 1/4 to 1/2 cup they are speaking of volume or 2 to 4 Fluid ounces. A half a cup of lettuce is not the same as 4 ounces of mass of lettuce. Volume is measured in measuring cups, not on scales by weight.

Surgeons are concerned with the VOLUME our pouches hold, not the mass. Whether it weighs 1 pound or 1 ounce of mass, if the volume is too great, it can hurt the pouch, especially in the early stages.

Since you wont to quote me what kind of food do you think I'm weighting? Well I weight meat. That's what I'm eating(other than the Jello and pickle) according to my Dr. Office thats what im supposed to do. You don't think I know the difference in mass and volume? I work at a facility side by side with the dieticians making meal plans for our clients. I can eyeball 3and 4oz of food cuz we serve it everyday but its in a ground or pureed consistency. I weight my meat to make sure cuz its whole consistency and I'm not used to how much yet....Thank you for taking the time to respond to my quote. I don't wont to sabotage this band for nothing so if you think I'm measuring wrong please let me know. When I say I put my food on the scale I'm eating chicken pork cop fish.

Do as you believe correct per your instructions. If you've been instructed to weigh out 2 ounces of meat, please continue to do so.

I was trying to point out that 4 ounces of mass is not the same as 4 ounces of Fluid measure. You did not indicate what you were weighing or eating in the first post, so how I could know, I have no idea.

I found what you stated about weighing out 2 to 3 ounces of food on a scale and increasing that 4 oz equal to a half cup confusing.

Congratulations on your loss so far.

The only thing I would suggest is to take your chicken or whatever it is and cut it up to fit into the 1/4 cup. Then dump that out on your food scale and see how much it says. Then you know how many ounces a 1/4c of chicken is. That way you won't need to cut it up the next time.

Was never confused at all thats why I wouldn't put my food in a measuring cup cuz I know cereal would weight less than meat. My point is my nut got me on 1/4 cup food and to weight it on a scale she wont me to eat 2oz. I'm not confused. But I understand what your saying. My ? is how many oz of food should I be eating if not 2?