Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Sweetheart's Challenge

Loved the January challenge - so I'm back for some more!!!

Name, real or screen~ Chloe

Age~ 38

Weight on January 31st~203

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 195

Exercise Goal for February~ get to gym 5 times a week

Dietary Goal for February~ expand healthy snack options

Personal Goal for February~ adjust to fills

Date Banded~ 12-20-2010

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 22lbs (so far!)

So... where or how do we post our weigh ins?

Good luck everybody!

Name, real or screen~ TKW

Age~ 47

Weight on January 31st~ 345

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 337

Exercise Goal for February~ Use the eliptical twice a week instead of the tread mill.

Dietary Goal for February~ No PB or stuck issues. Eat smaller bites and slower.

Personal Goal for February~ New Pants

Date Banded~ 6/29/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 90

Name, real or screen~ Fay

Age~ 22

Weight on January 31st~ 237.5

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 230

Exercise Goal for February~ 3 times a week!

Dietary Goal for February~ Eat healthier foods and stop snacking at work so much

Personal Goal for February~ Go down a size on pants.

Date Banded~ Dec 20th 2010

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ only 5lbs :(

whey ready" data-cite="Whey ready" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1296499101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="121368" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">

Hey all, good to see so many continue on with these challenges! So since jan only had a loss of 5.5 I wanna make 7 lbs for feb, so starting weight 214.5 and here's to wishing for 207.5... went to the gym today and found a personal trainer for cheep so goal is to meet with her 2x a week, and not eat too many chocolates ( 3 kisses every other day isn't too bad right? Considering I use to eat a bag in one sitting...head shakes) and to drink more Water. Good luck all, here's to a new you! :)

I think 3 kisses every other day is fabulous!

So... where or how do we post our weigh ins?

Good luck everybody!

Name, real or screen~ TKW

Age~ 47

Weight on January 31st~ 345

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 337

Exercise Goal for February~ Use the eliptical twice a week instead of the tread mill.

Dietary Goal for February~ No PB or stuck issues. Eat smaller bites and slower.

Personal Goal for February~ New Pants

Date Banded~ 6/29/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 90

When you weigh in each Monday put your name, real or screen with your current weight. Lindsey will take the data and put it on the spread sheet.

Lindsey~ Thanks again for doing our stats!

It is great to see so many people joining The Sweetheart's Challenge. I think challenges are a fun way to be motivated and to motivate others.

Have a great day, Joan

Name, real or screen~ Hautemama

Age~ 36

Weight on January 31st~ 232

Goal Weight for February 28th~222

Exercise Goal for February~ ride my exercise bike 30 minutes daily

Dietary Goal for February~ increase my Protein to 60 grams a day

Personal Goal for February~ fit into my red halter dress for Valentine's Day

Date Banded~ Jan 11, 2011

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 30 pounds

Yay! Can't wait for the Feb challenge!! My fiance and I are taking a late Valentine's Day trip at the end of the month and we're going to a super fancy restaurant and I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a new dress in a regular size for the occasion :)

Anyways, here is my info:

Name, real or screen: isaviolinist

Weight on January 31st: 194

Goal Weight for February 28th: 187

Exercise Goal for February: Up the intensity in all workouts/continue working out 6-7 days a week

Dietary Goal for February: Continue to be mindful of what I'm eating and what my body is asking for

Personal Goal for February: (similar to dietary goal) continue making progress with my binge eating disorder

Date Banded: June 18, 2009

Total Weight Loss Since Banding: 89 (as of Jan 31)

Name, real or screen~ Amy

Age~38

Weight on January 31st~239.5

Goal Weight for February 28th~230

Exercise Goal for February~work out 30 mins everyday !

Dietary Goal for February~write down and measure everything !

Personal Goal for February~to find a job that makes ME happy :)

Date Banded~12/13/2010

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 27

Thanks for the new challenge! I can't wait to get started. I'm really struggling right now and need some support and motivation to keep me going. I lost a lot of weight early on and now I've stopped. I haven't lost but one pound in almost two months! One fill and that didn't affect me at all! Scheduled for another fill at the end of Feb, but until then...

Name, real or screen~ KittyKat

Age~ 39

Weight on January 31st~ 236

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 229

Exercise Goal for February~ 1 hour on treadmill x3 per week; use elliptical more

Dietary Goal for February~ 60-80 grams of Protein

Personal Goal for February~measure my portions at every meal

Date Banded~ 9/22/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 64 lbs

Name, real or screen~ Becky / ravendays

Age~ 28

Weight on January 31st~ 193.2

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 189.2

Exercise Goal for February~ Increase walking to a mile a 5 times a week

Dietary Goal for February~ Drink more water

Personal Goal for February~ To get to know my Lap Band and become buddies =)

Date Banded~ 1-29-11

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 3.2 lbs

This challenge seems like good motivation!

Name, real or screen~DnaSD

Weight on January 31st~ 218

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 210

Exercise Goal for February~ Wii daily 45 min

Dietary Goal for February~ 60-80 grams of Protein

Personal Goal for February~Keep protien high and carbs to a minimum

Date Banded~ 12/15/10

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 25 lbs

So I woke up this morning extremely discouraged. I look at exercise as a chore that I don't want to do. Maybe it's just me wanting to start off with some big exercise routine when I need to start off small. I don't have the money for a gym and I always fall behind with those work out videos. Not to mention they make me feel like a fool because I don't look good like they do. Like Zumba. I freaking love Zumba but I've only seen the Zumba brand dvd's and even the basic one I can't keep up with on some of the steps. I just needed to vent and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make a work out not seem like a bothersome chore. Thanks for listening to me.

So I woke up this morning extremely discouraged. I look at exercise as a chore that I don't want to do. Maybe it's just me wanting to start off with some big exercise routine when I need to start off small. I don't have the money for a gym and I always fall behind with those work out videos. Not to mention they make me feel like a fool because I don't look good like they do. Like Zumba. I freaking love Zumba but I've only seen the Zumba brand dvd's and even the basic one I can't keep up with on some of the steps. I just needed to vent and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make a work out not seem like a bothersome chore. Thanks for listening to me.

Hey girl! I totally understand where you are coming from. I find exercise to be annoying and most of the time actually getting started is the worst/hardest part. Start off slow...like go for a walk. I know these days it is freezing out but if you bundle up really well you'll end up sweating after a 30 min. walk. Slowly increase your walking time and distance as well as add a jog or hand weights when you're walking.

I think a lot of the times work out videos are super hard and way above what most "normal" people can do, sure a super athlete can do them (like the ones in the videos) but we have a hard time. Don't feel bad about it because we all fall behind and can't keep up. Have you ever tried taebo? I love it, some of the moves are hard and sometimes I can't keep up but most of the time they're doable. Give it a try. :) As far as zumba goes....I bought the tapes 2-3 yrs ago, watched them and was like "hell no" and never touched them again, waste of my $65. I started going to the classes last year and it's a completely different experience. You don't have to worry about "looking/feeling dumb" because during every class there are new people that have never done it so they mess up the instructor messes up...it's all a part of the fun. I promise that you'll eventually get the steps and you'll love it. Try the classes. :)

I don't know if I was much help....I guess what I was trying to say was just start with a 30 min walk and see where it takes you, any type/amount of exercise is great.

I hear ya Lindsey. Do you like to walk? Can you walk during a break at work? I sometimes walk for 30 minutes during my lunch break at work and feel so happy when I am done because I not only physically feel good but I know I don't need to try and schedule a work out after work. Do you live close enough to a mall to drive there to walk? That is a fun way to walk, it's climate controlled, they have restrooms :D , the window displays are entertaining and there is music playing. The malls where I live open early for walkers before the stores open.

My sister told me today she has been enjoying a Denise Austen tape with a 12 minute routine that differs each day. I enjoy the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. Do you have cable or satellite? My cable has an on demand free channel called " Fit TV". It has a lot of different choices of exercises to do.

You can even walk, march, leg lift, arm weights... while watching TV. Try to schedule exercise each day like the other things you have to schedule. Even 10 minutes can make a change! Try the old parking farthest away from stores when you shop. That'll be at least 5 minutes in and 5 minutes out. Sometimes when I am shopping at Sam's Club I'll push my cart and walk briskly up and down every single aisle, this takes about 20 minutes.

Let me know if any of these ideas seem like something you want to try.

Joan

Name, real or screen~ Bandcamp1210

Age~ 50

Weight on January 31st~ 309

Goal Weight for February 28th~ 299

Exercise Goal for February~WiiFit at least 3X a week +play games with family on the Wii instead fo couch surfing

Dietary Goal for February~log my daily food on fitday.com

Personal Goal for February~ Jayhawk walk daily

Date Banded~12/29/2010

Total Weight Loss Since Banding~ 24 pounds

weight.png