Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coffee... it's no good anymore =(

Today I decided to treat myself to a half coffee/half capachino from the local convienience store. I was so excited cuz I have followed the rules pretty closely and given up my regular coffee for Decaf ( might as well drink hot water). But I've been working out at the gym 7 days a week since the first of the year and was going to treat myself today. It tasted terrible. I poured it down the sink when I got to work... and poured myself a cup of hot Water, I mean decaf.

I've notice a lot of things just don't taste the same...

Try Starbucks next time. I wouldn't waste a treat I earned at a convenience store! You've earned that treat - get the best you can!

Yep, same thing with me. I was a huge coffee girl! I used to work at the Hilton and we have a full service Starbucks in our lobby. Everyday I would have a starbucks coffee and it was the highlight of my day. Since surgery the smell is still very inviting but everytime I attempt to order and drink one...I think I am going to gag and do the same thing as you...down the sink it goes. Who knows but I am going with it - at least it saves me $2.50/day!

Michelle

Agreed... I should have went for the starbucks, but that might not have been any good either. They say do not reward yourself with food.... next time I'll go for a new shirt!

FYI I ask my doctor if I could drink regular coffee and he said "Why not?" My Nut. however said to do a regular coffee at Breakfast and then switch to Decaf the rest of the day (I drink it black with splendra). Her issue is that it is a diuretic and reg. coffee will dehydrate you.

Also, depending on the state of your office coffee you might want to bring your own instant decaf. The stuff today comes in individual servings and is pretty good for instant. My old office had one of those reallyyyy old school machines (not the nice Keurig kind)that had the world's WORST coffee. I tried many ways to cover up the flavor (flavored splendra, etc) and NOTHING helped.

Ya... I know everyone has different thoughts on the coffee thing. Soon summer will be here and weekends at the lake will definately require REAL Coffee. Love the early quite mornings at the lake with a hot cup of Coffee and everyone else is still in bed. I seem to drink more than my 64 oz of Water so I probably could introduce a cup or two of the good stuff back into my diet. I think I miss the good coffee more than I miss the chocolate!

I still drink a cup of coffee a day in the morning. I was told by my nurse who also had the lapband that once a day is ok so I drink my coffee and use milk and splenda in it.

I still drink a cup of coffee a day in the morning. I was told by my nurse who also had the lapband that once a day is ok so I drink my coffee and use milk and splenda in it.

I need to have my coffee through out the day because I live in the frozen tundra that is New Hampshire. It's Cold, Cold, Cold here. I work from home so I'm paying for the heat. Keeping in mind I keep my house at 61 degrees, and take all my showers at the gym; I got a oil delivery this week for $635! That's for 5 weeks of use.

I have a latte every morning and it tastes great. If anything, the band has made me step up my coffee intake. It's a simple pleasure that I totally enjoy that doesn't have a ton of calories. I'd try again--and buy better coffee!

I drink my coffee black. But coffee did not taste good to me after surgery. So, I didn't drink any for about a month. Since I really like the taste, I tried it again. Now it's hit or miss whether I drink it every day or not (NOT the pre-band me at all).

I wish candy tasted nasty...

For the first month or so after my surgery coffee did not taste right to me. But now I'm back to drinking 1-2 cups a day in the morning and sometimes a cup of Decaf at night (I have a Keurig). But I did used to LOVE dark, extra bold coffee, and black :) Now my stomach can't take it and I had to switch to a light to medium blend, usually putting a lil skim milk in it. Also I seem to like flavored coffee better now too. Have always been a coffee snob, but interesting to see how my taste has changed since the LapBand.:D

Interesting! I used to drink 2 cups to wake me up in the morning. Now, I can barely drink one. I haven't noticed a difference in taste, tho'. This was one question my son asked me. "Can I still drink coffee after I get the band?" I said that they(the nut, and surgeon) recommend Decaf, but I am ok with the regular kind. He, also, is a coffee snob. But, he knows he needs to loose the weight too! Karen(kll724)