Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Light headed and dizzy?

Hi everyone. My surgeon has me on a 12 week liver reduction diet, calcium citrate, multi Vitamin and vitamin D3. Ever since I started (I'm 3 weeks in) I've felt an almost constant faint dizziness and lightheadedness. Sometimes I get VERY dizzy. A nurse told me it may be the Calcium. I haven't taken it for a week and still feel the same. Today, I got really warm and almost fainted at work. Has any one else experienced this?

How many calories are you on and are you doing cardio and or is your job physically demanding? Esp. preband if I went to long without eating I would get the same symptons. My doctor poo pooed it but I KNOW it was real (I have a sedentary job but do an hour of cardio a day). To me it sounds like you are no getting enough calories. I would speak to a nurse or the doctor directly and tell them you are not stable at work or to drive. Fainting while driving could kill you or others. This is very serious. I am esp. concerned because this is something that has gone on for several weeks and it's not your body recalibrating to a sudden change in diet.

PS I had an episode post band where I nearly fainted at a store. I thought it was because I was late taking a medication and drove home. It turned out I desprately needed to eat. I did'nt get food while out because I needed to take my pills and knew that I couldn't drink after eating.

I am on day 5 pre-op diet. I have been light headed and headaches. That is normal. I have been doing 30 mins of cardio to give me more energy and I think it might be as I usually eat more protien than I get from the shakes.< /p>

I'm not on any caloric restriction, but it's basically Protein, veggies, and Water. I'm glad I'm not alone feeling this way. I'm a physical therapy assistant, so I'm on my feet a lot, bending over, things like that. I usually feel a little better at night, but I figured it was because I was relaxing at home. I'm not eating much through out the day. That would make sense. I have nutrition counseling on Feb 3 at my bariatric clinic. Thank you!

After I started this lap band journey I started getting panic attacks and got hot all over, light headed and dizzy. The worst time was when I was driving with my daughter 2 hrs from our home. I have been on prozac and its helping me. I am suffering through sciatica that started 2 days into my pre op diet. I can easily give up, say being healthy is painful, or that my body is rejecting this diet, etc. The bottomline is I need to do this and I have to go through some unpleasantries to get to my goal of 200 lbs. I'm 5'11.

My body likes fat and is used to my laziness so it's screaming at me to stop this! I am screaming back nd refusing to stay this way by listening to my doctors and praying for strength. I have lost 10 lbs and am on my 12th day of my liquid diet. Surgery day is Tues Feb 1st and this diet has shown me I can do this post op and has given me more hope. If I don't have this done this back pain will stay and reduce the quality of my life.

Listen to ur doctor and realize if it was easy, no one would be fat. Having issues pre op and for a short time after is worth the rest of ur life!

This attitude will take you far after surgery. Staying positive made all the difference in my post op time.

After I started this lap band journey I started getting panic attacks and got hot all over, light headed and dizzy. The worst time was when I was driving with my daughter 2 hrs from our home. I have been on prozac and its helping me. I am suffering through sciatica that started 2 days into my pre op diet. I can easily give up, say being healthy is painful, or that my body is rejecting this diet, etc. The bottomline is I need to do this and I have to go through some unpleasantries to get to my goal of 200 lbs. I'm 5'11.

My body likes fat and is used to my laziness so it's screaming at me to stop this! I am screaming back nd refusing to stay this way by listening to my doctors and praying for strength. I have lost 10 lbs and am on my 12th day of my liquid diet. Surgery day is Tues Feb 1st and this diet has shown me I can do this post op and has given me more hope. If I don't have this done this back pain will stay and reduce the quality of my life.

Listen to ur doctor and realize if it was easy, no one would be fat. Having issues pre op and for a short time after is worth the rest of ur life!

Keep up on your protein....those shakes may not be the best tasting thing in the world but they really help stabalize your blood sugar!

are you sure 12 weeks liver shrinking diet?? that's a long time. really the most i heard and been on is 2 weeks......heck after 12 weeks you might not need surgery!!!! lol...goodluck!!

Sounds like the same symptoms of low blood sugar. I've had this happen a couple of times. Please speak with your doctor again and maybe he/she can modify your pre-op diet slightly. Let us know how you're doing.

I will be starting my pre-op diet in a fews weeks, I am trying to prepare my mind and body for the journey. I have started replacing one meal (usually lunch) with a Protein shake. I am excited about the surgery but not about startiing the pre-op diet...I wish you the best!

I educate 2,

The pre-op diet is not problem if you are in the mid set.

I didn't do anything socially as it was to tempting. I did a family dinner and a couple of movies.

I have cheated on every diet but did well with this one. It also may be the fact that I am self pay and in Canada the surgery will cost $17K.

It isn't the money but my health. I want to have a good surgery and be successful as I need to get the old me back.

For me not to have popcorn at a movie is huge. The trick for me is to bring food in a cooler bag in case I get hungry. I ate 2 boxes of Jello a day, drank 2 cartons of broth. Then I was motivated by the weight loss too. I have been also working out every day.

You will do well. If you need any support just contact me! Good luck!

Cheers,

Kristi

I will be starting my pre-op diet in a fews weeks, I am trying to prepare my mind and body for the journey. I have started replacing one meal (usually lunch) with a Protein shake. I am excited about the surgery but not about startiing the pre-op diet...I wish you the best!

Rowekins,

I am on day 12 of the pre-op diet. I feel dizzy a lot and just have broth. I feel just like I am in a fog. I found tht exercising helped. I also have been getting a lot of headaches as I am prone to them. I just also hydrate & drink a lot of Water. Good luck. If you need any support just friend me or shoot me a message. Good luck!

Cheers,

Kristi

Hi everyone. My surgeon has me on a 12 week liver reduction diet, Calcium citrate, multi Vitamin and Vitamin D3. Ever since I started (I'm 3 weeks in) I've felt an almost constant faint dizziness and lightheadedness. Sometimes I get VERY dizzy. A nurse told me it may be the Calcium. I haven't taken it for a week and still feel the same. Today, I got really warm and almost fainted at work. Has any one else experienced this?

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. I thought it seemed like a long time on the liver reduction diet too, but that's what the doc says. Iit will actualy be longer as he said that with waiting for insurance approval it could be May before surgery. I started a food log and what I found is that I was eating virtually nothing during the day. I was not feeling well, so I didn't eat, causing me to feel worse. I've gotten better at eating, and feel better. My BP at my supervised weight loss class was 102/60 and blood sugar was 88 (I'm not diabetic).