Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet - starving

Dr. Aguila is doing mine on 02/10/2011 I wish I had the had the will power he had to lose weight. He's trim now but I couldn't seem to keep pounds off like he has and like he says this is just a tool to help you succeed you still have to work at it and be aware of your real nutritional needs. But right now... at only day two of the 5 shakes a day thing...I'd love a salad - plain, no dressing, no meats, no cheese - just a feeling of something in the ol' tummy. :P

Hi. I will be meeting you next Thur. I am one of the nurses providing your care after your procedure! Keep up the good work, you'll be surprised how much weight you lose on the optifast!

Every doctor is different. Mine didn't require a special preop diet and I'm back on regular foods by 2 weeks postop. If you can stick to that type of diet, more power to you as it will certainly give you a head start on the weight loss.

I am 1/4 of the way there. Can wait until 1/2 pre-op that much closer to the surgery. Have a great day!

K

Dr. Aguila is doing mine on 02/10/2011 I wish I had the had the will power he had to lose weight. He's trim now but I couldn't seem to keep pounds off like he has and like he says this is just a tool to help you succeed you still have to work at it and be aware of your real nutritional needs. But right now... at only day two of the 5 shakes a day thing...I'd love a salad - plain, no dressing, no meats, no cheese - just a feeling of something in the ol' tummy. :P

Today was my first day for the pre-op diet I did great all day but tonight I am starving! why can you only have 2 cuos only of veggies? You would think you could have unlimited? I have had lots of Jello & broth plus my 2 shakes, 1 bar & 2 cups of veggies.

Believe me I can relate. I am 11 days into my liquid diet (surgery is next Tuesday!) and I can honestly say this is the hardest thing I have ever done. The thing you have to remember though that this isn't forever and it will make your surgery go much smoother. Eat what the doc told you to, get your mind on other things during the day as well. Remember for most of us food is our addiction of choice and just stopping your addiction there are usually withdrawals, get through them and get ready for the surgery and a new life!!!

Thanks, I am in the zone and focus on the prize!! How great that you have your surgery on Tuesday. That will be my half way point on the pre-op and a week away from mine.

Keep up the amazing results & have a great weekend!

K

Believe me I can relate. I am 11 days into my liquid diet (surgery is next Tuesday!) and I can honestly say this is the hardest thing I have ever done. The thing you have to remember though that this isn't forever and it will make your surgery go much smoother. Eat what the doc told you to, get your mind on other things during the day as well. Remember for most of us food is our addiction of choice and just stopping your addiction there are usually withdrawals, get through them and get ready for the surgery and a new life!!!

Hi. I will be meeting you next Thur. I am one of the nurses providing your care after your procedure! Keep up the good work, you'll be surprised how much weight you lose on the optifast!

Icequeen Huh, I suppose I'll at least get an ice chip to melt in my dry parched mouth after I wake up. Thats all I ever seem to want after surgery. See you there on the 10th of course I won't know which one you are. :P The doctor has me scheduled for an overnighter and I promise I will be a good patient as long as I can press the magic button when needed for pain. Yep, none of that brave stiff upper lip stuff for me, no siree bobbycats. :D

Just finishing up day 3 of 14 pre-op diet. I'm allowed 2 shake meals, 1 Soup meal per day. Also, I can have coffee, tea, juice, low-fat cottage cheese, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, and low-fat yogurt.

The worst part for me is all the sweetness - shakes, Jello, pudding...yogurt. I'd like to have more salty or hot spicy flavors.

I have been drinking a can of spicy V-8 while eating cottage cheese at mid-day. That provides some satisfaction.

Going to make it though!

Duffy, my surgery is Tuesday Feb 1st too! Im soo excited! I'm on day 12 of my liquid diet and lovin' it. If I get hungry I just have some broth or Water and I'm good! I have lost 10 lbs and will never see the 300's again!!!

Goodluck on surgery day! :)

I better today working through the hunger. It is at night as I am not busy with work & multi-tasking. When is your surgery date?

K

Same for me, night time is when my hungry comes out! It's this Monday!

That is execllent! Keep us posted! I will be at the half way mark for the pre-op onTuesday and that much closer to my surgery date of Feb 9. I can't wait! I woke up hugry today and craving a scambled eggs & cheese. Good luck!

Same for me, night time is when my hungry comes out! It's this Monday!

I am finishing up day 5 of 14... It is getting harder every day... I'm only getting 2 Protein Shakes in and a cup of Tomato Soup or cream of shroom... Staying at my 800 cal. I haven't stepped on scale yet.. I usually get discouraged with the scale. On the posiitive side, I got my bedroom closet cleaned out.. Kept me from wanting to eat. The worst thing though is that I just found out my surgeon isn't in network so will be on phone bright and early Monday am to get this fixed! Supposed to go for anesthesia consult tues and expecting a big snow/ice storm... Hope I can make it... Bout 1.5 hr drive... Uggghhh

God for you! I am always hungry but getting through ok. Yesterday had dinner out at my in-laws a little worried. All went well I just packed a cooler of Jello, my shake for dinner & broth. Today I also went to a movie and was bothered by the popcorn. Again I brought Jello to keep me busy and feel like I had a treat. I just completed day 6. Almost halfway to surgery.

Good luck with your consult!

K

I am finishing up day 5 of 14... It is getting harder every day... I'm only getting 2 Protein shakes in and a cup of Tomato Soup or cream of shroom... Staying at my 800 cal. I haven't stepped on scale yet.. I usually get discouraged with the scale. On the posiitive side, I got my bedroom closet cleaned out.. Kept me from wanting to eat. The worst thing though is that I just found out my surgeon isn't in network so will be on phone bright and early Monday am to get this fixed! Supposed to go for anesthesia consult tues and expecting a big snow/ice storm... Hope I can make it... Bout 1.5 hr drive... Uggghhh

Kiskis,

I so feel your pain! I've been on the same diet as you for the past week. My surgery is on Thursday and I'm starving. I hope its easier after surgery. But I will say that it has forced me to see some of my issues and bad habits with food because I can't stop thinking about eating. I am mourning food.

Well keep up the good work and good luck.

my surgeon did give me a diet but the program director said shakes only. but the shakes he told me where the Atkins which i hate so im gonna high Protein 600-800- calorie a day plan so i can have some sort of savory i cant take sweets im not a sweets person and i dont even really like chocolate, so im gonna Isopure, vanilla light muscle milk Protein Shakes and broth. and if ive had a really low cal day a lean cuisine low cal meal. thats my plan. losing 10 lbs before surgery is ideal. so im looking forward to the 16th!

I am doing better & getting in the zone. My surgery is next Wed. I think my bitchness is more of a problem now. My poor hubby! Good luck & keep in touch!

Kristi

Thanks, I am in the zone and focus on the prize!! How great that you have your surgery on Tuesday. That will be my half way point on the pre-op and a week away from mine.

Keep up the amazing results & have a great weekend!

K