Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

AWww Patty....how terrible to have to see that but, you know you're helping that little girl. poor thing. My hubby was abused as a child and to this day he wishes someone would of stuck up for him. Thank God he doesn't carry on that trait. He turned it all around and is the total opposite. I hope you don't have to see any more of that.

Well everyone...WHEW!!!! Because I work in a cubicle i couldn't call my surgeons secretary to see if she heard back today from my insurance company so a gal I met on OH said she'd call for me. She's been really great and she's got the same surgeon. She called and told them why I couldn't and so they called me and left a message. I've been approved. Turns out the NP that was looking over my forms thought the psychologist checked off she wanted to see me again but, it was a lousy fax. Whew. When the surgeons secretary told her no she approved my surgery. NOW I'll have to get them to move that approval to the new insurance once I get that but, that should be ok. I've already called the ins rep and he told me what I'll need to do. One less headache now.

As far as the acct mgr...we had a meeting him, my boss and myself yesterday to go over a game plan to get this work done. Before we started...he kinda apologized again but had to put in there that he takes only part of the blame. That what he said and how I took it wasn't one in the same. So he'd only take part of the blame....my boss talked to me after the meeting and said he's just backpeddlin and she knew that and believes me. It's not easy to work with him knowing what he did but, I have to and I'll manage. The pressure is still there but, I have to keep repeating.....this too shall pass, it's going to get better and I'm only one person so I can only do the best I can. Period. Thanks for all the support you gave me ;) I love you folks and wish you all the best!

Gotta take the dog out so I'll be heading out :Banane23: nighters all if i don't catch you again.

Howdy - just a quick note before I run home to DH and dinner.

They slammed us this afternoon - so no time to say much.

Pat - so far potato product is not my issue. Thank goodness!! I will survive the hamburger steak so long as I can have cheese... :]

Dianne - big hugs. I feel ya on the insurance. ICK.

Sherry - pretty funny that you would consider a major surgery an opportunity to rest!! Try not to stress too hard - it's bad on your body and you need to be healthy for the surgery. I hope that jerkwad gets his bad karma back in spades. And remember - you don't have to LIKE him to do your job. I have worked for many that I considered to be on a par with earthworms or slugs - but I did my best job for them.

Jan - nice to "hear" from you. :] Great job on the weight loss!! I am impressed. *I probably need some Mary Kay body scrub - the kind in the blue tube - but I am such a lousy MK customer that I can't recall the name of the stuff - and I will order like 2-3 tubes now and it will be years before I need it again... lol. If you can deal with that, I may want to pick up my 2-3 tubes from you in March. :]

Eileen - Not exercising as much as I should! But I have gone a few times. I am not really freaking out, either. That hangover thing was just a random thought that passed through my mind...more amusing than scary. just wondering if the scariness will increase between now and then... It won't stop me - so no worries. I know this is the best possible thing.

Patty - sorry about the child abuse thing. That has got to be horrible. I have to ask, though? Am I the only kid here who got whooped with the belt when I was really bad (that one time?) I mean, it wasn't a daily event, but it did happen once or twice. I guess these days, Dad would have been hauled off by protective services... I never felt like he was abusive - but I guess there are better ways. You will note, though - that I don't have any kids - by choice - because the genetic and emotional structure of both my and DH's families are so skewed - so I guess I am an arguement for No Belt. :]

Well Folks, another day has passed and I am off toward the hacienda.

Hugs all round! and a shout-out to all the peeps who haven't posted lately. We miss you. Check in!!

:]

So Mother Nature is having a laugh at us… first there was 2 days of sunny 60 degree weather, I was outside walking in Central Park without a coat and then WHAM… rain and cold! Nope can’t get to comfortable here!

Dianne – hang in there, it sounds like you are coping the best you can and keeping as much as of positive attitude as you can given the situation.

Beanie & Sherry – WOW! Time flies! I can’t believe you are both being banded so soon! It’s so exciting! And Beanie you are doing much better than I did… burgers & fries were my diet right up until the surgery.

Sherry – your Monday at work sounded like a rough one but thankfully the pain in the butt account manager got what he deserved! It’s all about the karma and eventually people show their true colors and everyone knows it.

Patty – that sounds so horrible, I’m sorry you had to deal with such a horrible situation; it turns my stomach every time I hear about child abuse. It may be naïve but that is the exact reason why I will not watch the local news, it’s the first thing you see. Just last week a little girl was beaten to death in NY.

Eileen – hope you get that fill on Friday! How is everything with you?

Cindy – how did you survive the Benadryl high with the kids?! It always knocks me out!

Betty – how are you? How is the job search?

Not much going on with me, Mom is doing much better, work is crazy (as usual) and more importantly I have finally fallen into a routine at the gym! I’m on 4 days a week schedule for now… eventually I’ll add more days but for now it’s a start!

How is everyone else this week?

Hi Everyone! I had such a hectic day today. After teaching all day I had to go directly to the cardiologists office to meet my mom who had to have a consult there. When I was home recuperating from my surgery she had to take a 2 day stress test where they inject this radioactive stuff in her to take pictures of her heart when it is not exercising and when the heart is doing exercise (she had an injection to race her heart). My mom weighs only a few pounds less then me now however she is 73yrs old and has been overweight since she was in her late 20's. She never kept her weight off and now at 73 she is looking at the beginnings of heart disease. The doctor told her she has to lose weight. She has high blood pressure (since 30 yrs old) and venous insuffiency in her legs which is due from weight (I developed that in my early 40's), she has asthma and when she walks she has shortness of breath ( I developed asthma about 2 1/2 yrs ago but thank goodness I don't have the shortness of breath when I walk). My mom is on 3 medications (I was on 8 to 10 at one point but my main one I am off is the diabetic medicine which my mom thank god does not have). The reason I am writing this for you to read is because one of the reasons I had my operation is that I was seeing my mom in me. I felt that my asthma would get bad like hers and that my legs instead of being a little red from the venous insuffiency would become brown and discolored like hers. Weight as we all know is truly a killer. My mom's heart problem hopefully will be correctly with diet and maybe a medicine that can help her. She is going for an echocardiogram next week to make sure the muscle in the heart is good. The doctor was very thorough and as I was sitting listening to the doctor about what she has to do I was thinking to myself thank god I had the banding when I did because I was seeing my future. That is why I have to promise myself to be as diligent with making the right choices to help to continue my weight loss journey. So far, I am thrilled and really feel that I have been given another chance at life to be able to enjoy the simplest things like even going for a walk. My family is very happy that I did this where at first they were hesistant about me doing something like this. However, my brother and my sons were for it. My boys want me around a long time and they had faith that it was going to be good. My Mom wasn't for it until a few weeks before the surgery and then admitted to me that she felt I was doing the right thing to get healthy again. Even my husband came around and stayed at the hospital the entire day into the night until I got my hospital room. (and that was with having pain from a root canal the day before ! poor guy!) I wish my mom was a candidate for the band and maybe she is or will be down the line. Tomorrow or should I say later today is my big day because I will be getting my first fill. I am picking my mom up right after work and she is going to support me since I am a wee bit nervous about it. She has always been there for me my mom and needless to say, I will be there for her as well. I gave up my exercise session at the hospital today which I felt bad about but I will make it up towards the end of the week. I also had to bring my younger son to the pediatrician at 6pm because he has been home from school for 2 days. He had a low grade temp, headache and sinus pressure. The doctor gave him antibiotics for a sinus infection. Seems he always gets this at this time of year. He will be out one more day until the antibiotics kick in. By the time I got home it was after 8pm and I had left for work at 8am in the morning. Tiring day but yet hard to sleep because I keep thinking about everything. I figured writing to all of you will get it off my mind and let me get some rest before my next busy day! lol.....

Diane, I hope you are feeling better and my prayers are with you.

Eileen - I can understand in some ways why your doctor doesn't want to fill you. I think I could go a few more weeks without fill but I will see what my doctor says. I just don't want him to fill it too much the first time.

I have to get going...I am getting tired! lol....Hope you all have a wonderful day and keep the faith! Just do a little more each day and if you have a bad day forget about it and move on...because each day is a new day...a new beginning...remember to take it one day at a time...best advice I ever received!

Wishing you a day filled with happiness and good health always!

Talk to you all soon!

By the way, does anyone know how you can copy and paste the tracker on to what you write each time? I made one and tried to copy and paste it and of course, it wouldn't work! lol....I thought it was very nice! lol

Have a great day! Take care!

Jan :)

banded on Dec. 21, 2005

32lbs down and 108lbs to go!

Good Morning!

I was so busy yesterday, I read a few times but didn't get around to posting on here. I didn't have to sit at the computer all day long (gosh that felt good) so I did some cleaning in the house, then I went out and did some yard work. It was so beautiful outside that I just didn't want to come back in. I got some of my flower beds raked and cleaned up so I am a head start on that job!

I haven't heard anything on the jobs yet, but it hasn't been enough time yet.

Beanie - Wow, I can't believe you time is almost here! Are you ready? Did you go get those last few things? I think I am getting anxious for you myself!:)

Sherry - Congrats on the good news! Seems like there is always an a$$hole at every job. Sure hope things get better for you. I am glad your boss can see right through him!:clap2: :clap2:

Cindy - Hey girl, how are you feeling? Sure hope you start healing up soon!

Eileen - I bet you are really looking forward to that first fill. I hope you get a good one.

Jan - I hope things aren't too bad with your DM. Don't be too nervous about the fill, it is really simple and don't hurt at all. My first fill was 1.5cc and I only felt a little restriction for a few days and then it was gone.

Zan - I need to get into that exercise routine, good for you! Glad to hear your mom is better.

Patty - Awww, how sad it is to hear about another child getting abused. I just can't understand how people can do that to a small child. Thank goodness that you could step in and help her before it was too late.

Dianne - You have such a positive attitude that I know things will work out for you! Hang tight!:xena_banana:

Pat - You are working too hard, when you can't stop in here, then you are working too hard! I miss your daily posts!

Anne - Hello! Miss your posts too!

Well, I am going to go check some of the other threads and then get busy. I don't have any work on the computer again today so it gives me a chance to do other things and I want to take advantage of it while I can.:Banane03:

HI everyone! Today was my big day to get my first fill! My mom went with me for moral support:) I was nervous but my doctor made me relax and before I know it it was over. However, he said to me he put in 4cc's in my band for the first time! I really didn't think I was going to have that much. I have a friend who had her first fill and she got 1 1/2 cc's however, I never realized there were 2 different size bands! My friends band can go up to 4cc's and my band can go up to 10cc's. So in relation to the amount given I would almost say they are similar fills. But I had no idea and I wonder why they never tell you this. I don't remember reading about different size bands. Why do they give one a smaller band as opposed to the bigger band? Does anyone know? My doctor told me to keep on liquids for a few days to get use to it and then go mushy and then regular food. I definately have to slow down a bit. But I must say right now I do feel hungry and have been a little afraid to drink as much. I guess when I wake up it will seem easier I hope LOL....anyway, I will write later...gotta get some rest...Thanks for the support! It really means alot! Have a super day!

Jan:)