Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Good Morning, okay who's got a hang over? I do but not from alcohol, more like sugar/carb/fat hang over lol. I seriously can not believe how much I can eat w/this band... I'm amazed that I sat at the table and ate just as much as anyone else. Jeepers!!

How did you all do ? Watcha do last night and watcha doing today.

DH just shoveled our driveway, we got a few inches of snow last night so its probably sleigh riding for us today.

Happy New Year to all!

I fell asleep about 11:45, how exciting was that?

Protein first today and no chocolate for a week.

Going shopping for a new chaise lounge chair for family room.

Finally picked up my new car last night, just in time for 2005 deduction, LOL. Still have to take it back to have the dual DVD head rest sets installed. It's really neat, it has a camera that lets you see what you're backing into. Only problem is it's the same color, (pearl white on the outside) and the same color on the inside as my other car. It does have a fancy computer screen that I can program my phone into and then when I get a call I just push this phone button on my steering wheel.

Start your New Year off with happy, healthy thoughts.

Morning Pat,

I'm starting my "diet" tomorrow, to many left overs and I know myself, I'll eat today, get pissed and throw everything out tonight LOL !!!

Congrats on the new car :confused: :) :) what kind of car is it?

Hey Eileen, I had to laugh, so much for the "no chocolate", LMAO.

The car is a Lexus GX 470. I had the LX 470 for 6 years, loved it, sold it to my son who has the new baby.

Check out what my Lapband Buddy sent me all the way from Texas!

I now have my own Texas Santa, thank you soooo much Cindy, that was so special of you! Hugs and again Happy New Year to all.

post-204180-13813132623026_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year!!

I didn't drink last night but I seem to have a sympathy hangover - my head is killing me. I did have two tiny sips of champagne. I gargled it for 2 minutes to get rid of the bubbles, lol.

All of the holiday food is gone, so I'm going to try to start the year off right and dust off the treadmill.

Pat, that car sounds beautiful! My kids would kill for tv's in the headrests. I'm cut off - there will be no shopping of any kind for me for months. I need to pay my bills today but I'm procrastinating... We really overdid it this year. Time to pay the piper (and Visa, and Mastercard...).

Enjoy the holiday today! :confused:

Hahahahaha! That Texas Santa looks even more handsome now that he's out of the plastic covering! Pat, you are so welcome, and I loved talking to you in person! You really did make my day!

Eileen, I like your "out with the old, in with the new" attitude! I'm doing that in my closet! You know how tempting it is to hold onto just a few clothes that are two sizes too big? I'm giving that idea up for the new year! I bought some cute clothes in my size, and want to give them some breathing room!

Anwyn, welcome here! This is the most fun group of chat crashers on our site! We have Texas, Virginia, New York, and now Michigan crashers on this NJ thread! It's some kind of kismet thing!

One of the advantages of not drinking is getting to spend New Year's Day doing something besides nursing a hangover! We did make it until CST New Year's, after watching various objects all over the world "drop". Today, we have both our fathers over for the traditional (German) pork roast and saurkraut with dumplings. That happens at about 4 PM. Then, the Cowboy game is on at 7:30; we have some kind of outside chance for a wild card playoff spot...we'll see.

Pat, your new car is fantastic! Hope you don't back into too many things! Does it tape what you hit? LOL!

Other than that, I got our new yearly calendar ready to use, and cruised through DD's room to pick up piles of discarded cardboard, plastic casings and twist ties from all the Barbies and Polly Pockets and computer games...along with the clothes from yesterday, etc. What bugs me the most is that I was JUST LIKE THAT when I was a girl...kinda hard to gripe! I know my mom is LHAO in heaven, just as she did here, knowing I am now dealing with a "mini-me"! It's justice, I guess.

Does anyone eat black-eyed peas for good luck?

Enjoy the day!

Cindy

Last year's weight loss was between 115/111 pound's..back & fourth. Today the first day of new year's,I' started my new Food" and exercise Journal. To help me keep track of my food intake and calorie's,( Calorie's burned )

"Ive have been eating very healthy but "I think my problem with my last 12 pound's "Ive been chasing for at least two month's is ."IM burning more then half of the daily calorie's that im taking in!!!

causing my own body to have to fight for the remaining calorie's so last week started staying around 2000 calorie's that is alot of food by the way

if you are eating right and not junk food like fast food,candy, pop,

for me exercise, and proper balanced diet has been my ticket to weight lose.

Well I hope that you all meet your wight loss goals this year!

Hi Y'all!

Been MIA, my computer has been down, and I am still having problems with it! I lost everything for the time being, DB is going to try to get it back, I am really keeping my fingers crossed. All my stuff just gone! Sickening!

We had a big party at the neighbors house last night, tons of food (all the wrong kinds too) and drinks. I had some of each, but no hang over today. In fact I ended up taking down all the decorations and cleaning. It was so funny, one of the girls threw a guy in the cold pool last night because he had too much to drink and was mouthing off! We were all laughing!

Cindy - My pot of blackeyed peas is cooking now, and I am frying some cabbage too~ Cabbage is for money! I think I better eat a bunch of both this year! Loved the Santa you sent Pat! How cute!

Pat - Your new car sounds beautiful! Post us a picture huh? How did that GS of yours enjoy his Christmas this year?

Anne - Welcome! Nice to see you here!

JQ - It sounds like you have it all figured out! Good luck!

Eileen - It seems so funny that you are shoveling snow, it is 82 here today! We just got home from riding. I'll send a litte sunshine your way!

Beanie - Hope you are have a good rest, after all that studying you certainly could use it. Have a great day!

Patty - When are you coming home? How did the dessert go?

Zan - Hope you had a good new year's.

Ivan - Happy holidays to you too!

Well, going to try to post this before I lose it! I don't know how long this computer will stay running right now. Got to check my cabbage too!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I did it-got rid of allof my 'fat' clothes. I had to go and get some new ones, though (can't be naked in Jersey in the winter, can i...). I didn't want to get too much-4 pair of jeans and i have about 6 shirts in my closet. it is very bare... i used to have so many clothes inthere, but all 'Fat' clothes. it was a huge weight off my shoulders getting rid of them (donated them to a local women's half way house). But at the same time, it was kind of meloncholy... sounds wierd, i know , but they were my 'fat' clothes, my reliable, dependable, not too attractive clothes that i had. But it took a lot of looking at them (with disgust) and finally said that is it... and away they went! I feel so liberated with out them in 3 different sizes! Now I am a 14 and so happy I could kiss myself! lol... but i have about 50 more pounds to go...but until then, i think i will kiss myself, for everything that I have been through in 2005 and survived it, making me a stronger, more independant woman!

Wholey smokes, look at this place... LOVE IT !!!!

Anne, your NOT barging in, this site is for everyone, I'm so glad your here. Hope your head is feeling better, I always get sick on alcohol, at most I could drink 2 beers, now thats not even possible. Don't really miss it so thats one thing good I have going LOL. I dusted off my dreadmill too and tomorrow morning my ass will be on it. Enuf playing around, time to get down and dirty :) How long do you work out on it for?

Pat, your car sounds BEAUTIFUL !!! bet is smells purdy. I love the smell of a new car, new babies and cabbage patch dolls :) hehehe. I love that santa, how cute he is with his little whip :confused:

Cindy, all my clothes still fit me. I was stretching them out, now I'm fitting in them comfortably. Good for you for getting the old out and getting new stuff... bet it makes you feel pretty and new. The way every woman should feel. Have fun cleaning :) what are Mom's for right.

John, I think its awsome that you are journaling your food. My gosh, you've done such a marvelous job. I see your struggling with the last few pounds but can I ask you something ????? Could the pounds be from excess skin and not necessarily fat? What ever you do, don't get discouraged like I did when I lost 150 lbs. The last 10 lbs I though was fat was actually lose skin... I got so frustrated that I started gaining b/c I felt it was a loosing battle. Ask your doctor what he/she thinks. Hugs to you my man :)

Betty you always have the best parties to go to. Glad you had fun. 82 degrees OH MY !!!! Its rainy, cold, clamy and cold and cold and cold here LOLOL !!!! snow tuesday too...ick. Can I come visit ?

Leslie.... your from dirty jersey LOL !!! no kidding. Where are you from? this is too cool !!. Your in a size 14???? OMG how cool is that. I would love to be a 14. Would be so happy and wouldn't complain a lick. Congratulations !!!!!

Well folks, I threw out the chips, Cookies, dip, and tomorrow my rump is on the dreadmill. My mediterranian diet starts tomorrow :D Friday is my first fill and I am SOOOOOO ready. The past 2 weeks of eating had got me down, but PO'd at the same time. Anger can be a good thing lol.

How's everyone doing eating and exercising? Did you start today, tomorrow? whats your plan, whats your dream?

My 2006 dream is to be healthy, exercise and get closer to the Lord. I've been drifting and I wanna come home :D

next.....

Eileen, I admire your resolutions...especially about getting closer to the Lord. I'm always interested in learning more about my faith, and usually buy a good Bible study book to use to learn. I don't go to a Sunday School class, and so I like to learn by reading. I volunteered to write a devotional for Advent, and needed a little help with the scripture, so found lots of info online. (in case you didn't know already, or are interested). I know you won't mind being included in my prayers.

Dreams...I've been reluctant to dream too much. But since you asked, I think it's a sign that I should. In 2006, I will retire from teaching after 29 years. I will wear a size 16 by July (cross my fingers). I think if I weigh under 200, that will be a possibility...I may not be dreaming hard enough on this one. It is possible to do better perhaps? I wear a tight 20 now, and weigh 238. It seems like every ten pounds equals a size...so 230 would be a solid size 20. 220 = size 18. 210 = 16. 200 = 14? Everyone's so different in sizes, so ya'll may not know if I am guesstimating correctly. Those are my career and health dreams. There are some other issues I'd like to put behind me: the car accident personal injury case, and move forward with the grief work I still need to. Sorry to mention it so often, but it is a big thing in my life right now.

I am interested in hearing all our dreams for 2006...maybe someone else's will inspire me!

The Cowboys are playing...no chance for wildcard since the Redskins won, but I can't help keeping my eye on the game anyway!

g'night, Cindy

Hello All, It's 11:04 pm and I just about an hour ago from upstate NY. My husband and I went up there this weekend to Celebrate a belated Christmas and of course New Years. We exchanged Christmas gifts with the family, have a great meal and enjoy each others company. We heard about all the gifts everyone got last weekend and the men seemed to be happy with the stainless steel coffee mugs they got from my m-i-l.....all by my husband that is. Every year since he was young she always forgot to give my husband one of his gifts. He'd get it in march or so when she found it. Well this year....he got NOTHING. We were at her house last night and we were discussing our gifts and how the kids loved theres and I asked him. Honey, what did you get from your mom I didn't see you open it....his eyes welled up. He had just realized he got nothing. His mom had given me a cookie jar and was so proud of her 75% off purchases that she bagged and gave us...all stuff we said we would stop eating as of Monday. OMG...we went to services this morning....and I started crying. Hearing this man sing Christmas Carols, shaking his mom's hand during the sign of peace.....knowing he's been forgotten again. The man that lives 6 hours away, that every time he goes there for a visit spends 1 full day to 2 full days doing chores for her, fixing this fixing that ...when his brothers live 20 min and 1 hour away yet do none of it :confused: Yet he gets nothing. His father must of been screaming from heaven. (We lost dad this past August, I know dad wouldn't of forgotten him.) I'm still crying inside...knowing how much she has hurt my DH. I'm so glad I spoiled him with our first Christmas as Mr & Mrs. We talked about what happened on our way home and I told him....I'll always remember him and Always take care of him and that I was so sorry that his mom is the way she is. God....to see the tear roll down his cheek...this big, strong, Teddy Bear of mine.

Anyway....that's why I haven't been around. Sorry for the sad story but I needed to get it off my chest. This is going to take a while to get over for sure. Especially since we spoiled his mom like crazy this year......I don't think I'll ever be able to do that again.

Heres to a New Year! Wish me luck! On Wednesday I see the Surgeon :)

Thanks again folks. HUGS to you all!

Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear of your disappointment...I know it is so hard to understand how a mom can take a good son for granted, but I know it happens. Maybe later he can talk to her and ask her what she is thinking...is there any cognitive difficulties that you have noticed about her?

Does she say anything about it?

I know it is tempting to be stingy, but sometimes you just have to do the right thing. Sometimes that is pointing out to the other brothers (I think your DH should do it, not you) that they need to put in there TLC time, too. That way, he can get a break, and you MIL will have the joy of all her sons' company. Win, win. Always look for the win,win situation. Sometimes, however, sacrifice is an obligation. If that is your situation, try to bear it with dignity. You'll feel better about it in the end. (Hugs) Time wil help heal your hurt feelings. I'm sure he feels very lucky to have such a caring and loving wife who appreciates his good qualities. Glad you got it off your chest. You are doing the right thing. Another hug, Cindy

HI EVERYONE! I WROTE PROBABLY ON THE WRONG MESSAGE BOARD SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW THINGS HAVE BEEN GOING SINCE I HAD SURGERY ON DEC. 21ST YOU WILL SEE IT ON THE JANUARY EXERCISE BOARD. LOL...TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT...I FEEL REALLY GREAT DESPITE I AM ON JUST FULLER liquids FOR THE 2ND WEEK. I HAVE LOST IN A LITTLE OVER ONE WEEK 23LBS! FEELS GOOD TO HAVE THAT BLOAT OFF OF ME. PLUS, I AM OFF MY DIABETIC MEDICINE AND HOPE IT WILL STAY THAT WAY. I WAS REAL NERVOUS BEFORE THE OPERATION BUT ONCE I WAS THERE AND SPOKE WITH THE DOCTOR AND ANESTHESIOLOGIST I FELT SO MUCH BETTER. I WAS HAPPY I WAS ABLE TO GO HOME THE NEXT DAY. MY FAMILY HAS BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE AND MY KIDS HAVE BEEN REALLY HELPFUL TOO. THEY ACTUALLY LET ME GET THE TV CLICKER LOL!!

WHAT FOODS DO YOU OR DID YOU FIND GOOD TO EAT WHILE YOU WERE IN THE FULLER liquid STAGE??I CAN ALSO HAVE BABY oatmeal WHICH ACTUALLY TASTED GOOD TO ME ....THEY COME IN LITTLE PACKETS AND ARE PERFECT AND EASY TO PREPARE. I CAN'T REALLY EXERCISE YET BUT I AM WALKING AROUND THE HOUSE ALOT. I HAD ONE OUTING TO THE MALL AFTER CHRISTMAS...WAS A BIT CRAZY BUT I FELT GOOD WALKING AROUND. HOWEVER, I DON'T PLAN ON GOING BACK THERE SO FAST...IT IS STILL A REAL ZOO THERE!

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR'S AND WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2006!

MAY ALL YOUR TOMORROW'S BE BEAUTIFUL!!!:confused:

JANICE:)

BANDED 12/21/05 HACKENSACK UNIV. MED.CTR. , NJ

23LBS LOST SO FAR AND COUNTING.........:)

Good Morning :)

This is a great place to be. I'm so glad you all feel comfortable in sharing your hearts here.

Cindy, don't ever give up dreaming or put them on the back burner. Dreams do come true but we must work at them. Keep them infront of you and keep reaching. They will come true. Your retiring after 29 years... That is WONDERFUL !!! Congratulations, boy am I envious. I would love to retire, stay home and take care of my little girl, but as far as I can see I'll be working until I'm 67 or is that 72 according to social security...uhhh. I can't look at that now, just gotta keep focus on today.

A size 16 / 14 is my dream goal, although I can wear a 16 at 190 lbs all the way down to 150 lbs :confused: my tummy has to much skin and it never shrinks. But a 16 is a realistic happy goal for me too. Lets do it this year partner :)

Sherry, my gosh, I'm so sorry for the way your MIL treated your DH. I hear so many stories just like this one where the Mothers ignore their own children (but not all of them, they seem to pick and choose). I can never understand it. I'm glad you got it off your chest here. What are friends for but to listen when some ones heart is breaking. Hugs to you. Good luck on Wednesday, let us know how you make out.

Jan, wooweee on the weight loss. I'm so glad your feeling good to boot.

The best part was reading your off your meds... how freakin cool is that!!! I'm very happy for you.

Today I officially start my "In Search Of Good Health 2006" I threw out my chips, dip, carrot cake and Cookies last night.... only after I stuffed my face with them uuuuh. Time to eat healthy and exercise.

Today I plan on taking down my christmas decorations and getting on the dreadmill (i know I know, treadmill). Filling up on veggies first and then Protein since I have no restriction. Once I get my fill I will do Protein first. I'm so afraid to get on the scale so I'll wait until I see the doc on friday.

Whats everyone got planned for today?