Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6th day post op---and I haven't used the bathroom other than tinkling--in a week. Is this normal or should I mention it to my doctor? I've also been on mostly Clear Liquids for almost 2 weeks as well.....

My first week of surgery I didn't go to the bathroom either! You really have nothing solid in your system to go!

I would worry when your on solids and can't go! I suffered Constipation this past week and it was AWFUL! 3 days I didn't eat....Mirolax worked wonders for me though!

Good luck wiht your journey,

Happy New Year

Thanks Mandy! I figured as much, but my husband told me I was full of S#!@ so I though I'd better check it out <--J/K !!

My first week of surgery I didn't go to the bathroom either! You really have nothing solid in your system to go!

I would worry when your on solids and can't go! I suffered Constipation this past week and it was AWFUL! 3 days I didn't eat....Mirolax worked wonders for me though!

Good luck wiht your journey,

Happy New Year

Hi.. I was the same and rang the nurse to see if I should take something. She said not necessary becasue nothing really to form stool in there! Yesterday was day 9 and I had some Soup and that got things going again....

As long as you do not feel bunged up I would let nature take its course.

I'm on day 5 and just started full liquids which according to my diet list includes pudding, mashed potatoes, crm of wheat and grits. I also can have cheese spread on crackers. After I had some of this I had a bm this morning! I was beginning to wonder when it would happen...I was feeling it the night before like it was coming. I guess I'm on track then.:)

I wouldn't worry until after you've had some more solid foods.

6th day post op---and I haven't used the bathroom other than tinkling--in a week. Is this normal or should I mention it to my doctor? I've also been on mostly clear liquids for almost 2 weeks as well.....

What's good to take for that? I'm having trouble going, and I'm on solid food.< /p>

Lordy I wish I had this problem. I'm the exact opposite, I don't know which is worse....

Someone suggested Miralax, I used that postop and have been moving ever since...ugh. lol.

Oh, the joys of bowel movement. I never thought I would ever enjoy going potty, but since I am so irregular after surgery, it is one of the highlights of my day, if it happens that is!!!! My surgery was on March 15, 2010, and for the first few days, being on an empty stomach, nothing happened. But that first time, it was very painful. I am still having some problems ocassionally but Benefiber and a sporadic dulcolax seems to work fine.

6th day post op---and I haven't used the bathroom other than tinkling--in a week. Is this normal or should I mention it to my doctor? I've also been on mostly clear liquids for almost 2 weeks as well.....

Oh boy! I am lucky if I go once a week. It's very concerning. The nutritionist/doctor were really no help, they said it's what happens when you lose weight. After surgery it has been soooo difficult. I take benefiber but that does no good.

You're not alone. :blink: