Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you pay for the lap band?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much did you pay for the lap band?

• I paid nothing or near nothing, just insurance co-pays.
    • I paid between 5,000 and 7,000
    • I paid between 7,000 and 10,000
    • I paid between 10,000 and 15,000
    • I paid over 15,000.

Hi Maggie: Do you have CIGNA by any chance ...they stated to me also 3x in a letter that Lap Band was experimental...grr I'm gonna experiment on them when I cancel my policy!!

I'm looking to go out of state now...but not brave enough for MX...thinking Ohio...13,000 there...

I have tricare and I paid nothing. I don't have co-payments or deductibles. It's been really great!:smile2:

$10,700

Harper Hospital

Detroit, MI

I paid $6,750.00 and $75.00 for fills but still waiting to see how much of that I can get back on taxes.Obesity is a disease so out of pocket is a tax deduction even though I had it done in Mexico I paid in USA cause the Hospital is American owned.Will update after I do my taxes this year.

My dr. charges $15,500 with four fills, and $17,000 if you stay over night at the hospital. I asked for two years of free fills and he agreed. I'm not sure about the pre-op barium swallow test...got a bill for $1300 from the hospital. Well worth it all..I've lost 8 lbs and at 4 ft. 10 in. it is already one size...

I was just wondering about something similar to this. I am also self-pay in Mexico but I wonder if the chunk that I'm going to be shelling out in fills would be covered under my FSA plan. If so, I'm seriously going to up my FSA amount next year!

$12,900 cash in Houston, Texas with (the wonderful) Dr. Hadir Spivak.

Our insurance (really employer!) had a WLS exclusion in our policy and there was no way around it. I finally decided that the band is an investment in me and my future with my family. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :thumbup: That is also what I chant in my head when I start stressing out over having spent that money! ha . . .:omg:

Ditto on the insurance, the doctor, the cost and the chant! :D

I was turned down by insurance so I paid all out of pocket. $20,850. Was alot, but I know it will be worth it.

i voted, and paid $6500, with airfare and one fill so far, the total is $6738.00. not bad, but keeping fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

Where did you get your surgery?

My insurance would have paid some, but I wasn't in the mood to jump through their required hoops, so I took my little cashier's check and went to Mexico. In retrospect, I would have paid twice as much to have my surgery there. The hospital and staff were stellar. My surgeon and his team have done >3,000 lap band procedures. That was the kind of expertise I was after.

Who was your Doctor in Mexico and how much did you pay?I gave up on my insurance after an appeal denied again.I guess I will come up with the money and get my ass there.

I only paid deductible and copays, about 3k total

BUT I would've paid in full if insurance hadn't. I figure I'm worth it.