Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not eating as I should either but I try to make the better choices. I think once the doctor told me in week 3 not to have any more Protein Shakes for Breakfast, it threw me off...I love them and I was losing weight then....does it really matter if you are having them? I guess I don't see the difference.....anyway, I do walk but feel that I need more exercise and am hoping that my life will slow down a bit so I can get back to the gym full time agian! Good Luck to everyone!

Ya, my dr. told me NO beverages at all except Water or zero calorie. They don't fill you up so it does nothing to curb your appetite. Altho a protien shake at least you are getting your protien from it. Any liquid will pass right through your band.

I have passed my goal for Christmas by 1 lb. I have reset my goal to lose 4 more lbs by Christmas. Wooo Hooo!

I have been hitting the gym pretty hard and I think the results are starting to pay off! I'm feeling much better and excited about finally getting the scale moving in the right direction and i can really tell in my clothes. Love the feeling!

Lost again this week and I think it is due to me working out now. I didn't do real well with eating this week plus I went to the bar on Saturday but I did work out 4 times. Hopefully this keeps working!

Hi everyone...glad the forums are back!!!!

I gained this week :-(

I get my first fill on december 3rd which is 7 weeks after my op. I can't really blame that tho because I am not really hungry.....just head hunger

I'm in too! This is a great idea - hopefully it keeps me motivated having to check in semi-publicly.

I am finding I can not open the link at work...I am down 1 pound this week but I feel as if I am getting closer to my 'sweet spot' with the band! Its a slow process but at least I am losing and not gaining!

I just wanted to share a funny from my doctor the other day.....usually when you go to the doctor just before a holiday they say "Don't eat too much" Well, on Monday my doctor's comment was "Don't get anything stuck"! LOL My how life changes when you are banded! LOL Enjoy your Thanksgiving everyone!

I think I'm in bandster hell guys! I lost 1 lb in two weeks. I have been doing well with exercising and my eating (I think at least). From reading these posts I noticed that journaling is super important. I'm having a bit of trouble with getting started but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I think that'll be the key to get the scale moving again. :)

My biggest problem is hunger, I can't decide whether it's head hunger or real hunger. Uggh..it's a bit frustrating but I think I'll push through it.

Good luck to everyone and I hope each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

Hi All!! I am losing weight too and might have to adjust my goal down a few pounds too Yippee!! But I am bummed because I am still in alot of pain and can't bend over. Doc thinks its an infection and I am on heavy duty antibiotics. If it does not clear up, he said he might have to remove the port. I am down 32 pounds and certainly don't want to gain it all back. I decided not to go home for Thanksgiving because of the pain, so we had a potluck at work. I had some turkey, and spoonful of mac and cheese, and sweet potato casserole. I did not have anything else. Later when I felt hungry again, I had my eggs and soy patty. Then I was mad cause I had the mac and cheese in the first place. I did not really enjoy myself anyway. I was thinking about my pain and someone brought their kids in, and they were yelling and screaming and kept bumping into my chair and I was miserable. After 4 hours of this, I asked if I could take off 4 hours early. So I went home and went to bed. But in reflection, I should be grateful for this journey and all the fortitude it took to get me here, I was eating healthy for at least two months, and exercising more than I have in a year.

I'm in shooting for at least 10 lbs!!!!

I am not eating as I should either but I try to make the better choices. I think once the doctor told me in week 3 not to have any more Protein Shakes for breakfast, it threw me off...I love them and I was losing weight then....does it really matter if you are having them? I guess I don't see the difference.....anyway, I do walk but feel that I need more exercise and am hoping that my life will slow down a bit so I can get back to the gym full time agian! Good Luck to everyone!

I was a little thrown for a loop 4 weeks post op when my surgeon told me this also. I didn't ask questions but did stop them immediately. I asked him about the reasoning at my appt. last Monday and he said that not only do they slide right through so don't help you stay full long (though I never noticed this not being a morning eater?) but also the other function of the band is to get your stomach to the full spot to send a message to your brain to get your metabolism running.

Hi All!! I am losing weight too and might have to adjust my goal down a few pounds too Yippee!! But I am bummed because I am still in alot of pain and can't bend over. Doc thinks its an infection and I am on heavy duty antibiotics. If it does not clear up, he said he might have to remove the port. I am down 32 pounds and certainly don't want to gain it all back. I decided not to go home for Thanksgiving because of the pain, so we had a potluck at work. I had some turkey, and spoonful of mac and cheese, and sweet potato casserole. I did not have anything else. Later when I felt hungry again, I had my eggs and soy patty. Then I was mad cause I had the mac and cheese in the first place. I did not really enjoy myself anyway. I was thinking about my pain and someone brought their kids in, and they were yelling and screaming and kept bumping into my chair and I was miserable. After 4 hours of this, I asked if I could take off 4 hours early. So I went home and went to bed. But in reflection, I should be grateful for this journey and all the fortitude it took to get me here, I was eating healthy for at least two months, and exercising more than I have in a year.

I'm not going to give in, because of the pain. I have adjusted my goal down 5 pounds because I have reached my initial goal. I wanted to blow off the healthy eating, but am trying to stick to my guns, because in the long run I am only hurting myself.

I didn't do so good this week. Gained 0.6 lbs and I'm not really sure why. C'est la vie! I'll just try harder this week.

I am so proud of my self, i set a goal for myself not to gain any extra lbs over the holiday, and i did better than that! I managed to lose 2lbs!!! However i had to work hard for it. I pre-calculated my calories, and did not go back for seconds and i worked out hard from Thurs morning all the was to sunday morning. 1 hr each day, and the end result 176lbs monday morning weigh-in! thats a 2lbs loss, YAY!!!!