Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost Control - Need support/tough love

I have been doing so well since my 10 day pre-op and subsequent surgery on 10/2. I have had 1- 3cc fill with little to no impact 1 week ago.

I just lost it over the weekend eating pizza, bread, candy and Diet Coke. This evening I find myself grazing with grapes cheese etc. I know I have been getting enough Protein and trying to drink enough fluids.

Help me get back on track. I feel incredibly guilty and discouraged.:thumbup:

Thanks friends.

pizza soda are no no's! i would be afraid of what that would do to my band and body. I wouldnt want to have a surgery to have the band removed because i overate or something got stuck. even with little restriction you can still stretch the small pouch. you've come to far to give up now! Think of all the money, time and effort it takes to even make it as far as you have! you can do it just make better choices right now. and everyone doesnt follow it perfect i'm sure but it's nice to at least try and know you did try. :thumbup:

need to concentrate and get on track as soon as possible....try to do something instead of eating....take a walk, take a bike ride, read, go with your friends, meditate, etc. and do be so hard on yourself, everything will be fine. we are only human and this can happen to everyone. best of luck!!!:thumbup:

I'm with you. I haven't ate pizza or soda but vie been eating Halloween candy and chocolate. Been so hungry. Got 3 1/2 cc fill last thurs. I was on liquids for 2 days and been eating quite frequently. I feel bad now as well as I don't wanna stretch band. We probably have to eat Protein that are denser such as chicken. Hang in there you're not by yourself

I am sooo with you....can't stop eating crap and halloween didn't help that...I am going to throw all this candy out tomorrow! I haven't had a fill yet, banded on 10/6....hungry all the time...this sucks!!!! You are not alone!!!!

I have been doing so well since my 10 day pre-op and subsequent surgery on 10/2. I have had 1- 3cc fill with little to no impact 1 week ago.

I just lost it over the weekend eating pizza, bread, candy and Diet Coke. This evening I find myself grazing with grapes cheese etc. I know I have been getting enough Protein and trying to drink enough fluids.

Thanks friends.

Gracie, you are a mere 4 weeks out. Your body is still healing and you don't have restriction yet. Give yourself a break. Take a deep breath and realize that this is a process. You are not going to change everything about yourself overnight. Don't stress, just make the effort everyday to do better. The closer you get to your sweet spot the easier it will be.

Try writing when you want to graze. Maybe write about why you want to eat when you're not hungry, what you're actually feeling that makes you think food will make it better. This helps some people, others it does not. Just a suggestion.

Think about what happened in the past when you beat yourself up because you went off your diet. Did that stop you or make you eat more? Beating yourself up usually leads to self sabotage -- don't go there.

Tomorrow is a new day, start again. You can do this!

~Fran

Thanks friends.

You have just got to start over. Do not put yourself in those situations. You can do it girl......

Thanks friends.

I wouldn't worry all that much about the pizza, bread, candy.. you've only had one fill. It's not unusual to be able to eat things at this point that later on will cause difficulty.

You do need to limit the AMOUNTS of what you're eating though. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

What does concern me is the Diet Coke. Carbonation can be a huge problem for a band. The carbonation is thought to stretch the pouch and repeated indulgence can lead to a slip of the band. Even letting the coke sit out till it goes flat is no guarantee that there's not occult carbonation still in the drink.

Why would you want to go through all the work & expensive of having surgery to risk it over a diet coke?

If you can't resist it .. get it out of the house. At least for now ( I know how it is.. my dh and kids drink it in front of me.. I think they're cruel). When your resistance muscle is a bit stronger you can let it back in.

There's lots of other things you can drink. Powerade Zero, Crystal Light, Fuse Slenderize (20 cal in a 16 oz bottle.. acceptable once in a while), Diet Cranapple, Diet V8 Splash (both of the former are ok on a limited basis as they have a small amt of calories), Unsweet Tea, coffee, Water.

Try making some Sassy Water. Sassy water is 2 quarts of water with Mint, Ginger, Lemons and cucumbers in it. It's part of the "flat belly diet" plan. I'm not advocating the flat belly diet, but there may be some value in the Sassy water as Ginger is supposed to help digestion. You could also throw some Splenda or Equal in it if you wanted.

Look at Judith Beck's books on behavior modification (Beck Diet Solution). She has many ideas/actions that can help you change your behaviors. She also has an online newsletter.

Shrink Yourself is another site that some people find useful.

If you're not journaling your food intake.. start. Be totally and brutally honest with recording what goes in your mouth. ABC.. All Bites Count. If you're not honest with what you write/type, you are only harming yourself.

Previous poster was right on the money suggesting you find another activity instead of eating. Play the piano (or learn to do so), Crochet, Knit, clean out cabinets. Go through your closet and find the clothes you want to get back into and place them where you can see them as an incentive!

Make a list of the reasons you want to lose weight and read it every time you want to eat something that's not so good a choice. Post it on your fridge.

If you REALLY REALLY want something . determine how many calories are in it (as close as you can) and make yourself work the calories off first. That technique cured me of wanting McDonald's sausage biscuits. It takes a heck of a long time on the treadmill to work off 430 calories. My legs told my mouth to get over it!! LOL

I wouldn't normally talk/type so harshly, but you asked for tough love. Hope this wasn't too tough for you.

So, you made a few poor choices. You can't undo what was done. Say oh well, and get back on the plan tonight. You don't have to wait till tomorrow to improve your eating.

We're all rooting for you. You can do this!!

Bless you all. I feel motivated already!

Thanks

Gracie

well u have started by amitting that u have a problem if u get back on the Protein u will be full so not to eat all that junk if u are able to eat that then u need another fill u are in control if u contuine to eat those things then u will stay fat if u chose to do what u know u need to do them u will get to goal. throw away the foods in the house that u shouldnt be eatting. good luck

Phranp I love your answer!

I have not had a fill yet and with Halloween just going by I know what your dealing with. Your not alone and I am dealing with the same issues. I feel like an addict, I see it, want it, say no and then 5 minutes later I eat it. I sure hope it gets easier. 5 weeks out and 2 weeks before my first fill.

I'm right there with you!!!!! I was banded on June 21. I had a fill and it was to tight and they removed .5 cc so now i have a total of 2.5 cc's in my band... Once i got some removed i feel like i want to eat everything!!! I joined weight watchers to give me weekly accountability on my weight... I'm not exactly doing the point system but i just needed somewhere to go to weight infront of someone weekly!!! Thanks for posting, as i feel the same way and now I know I am not alone. Keep us updated!

COME ON Y'ALL!!!!Get a hold of yourselves.:mad2:

We can do this! :frown:

This is the HARDEST time of the year and it's just gonna take a whole lot of will power just one craving at a time!!! If you can just think of where you will be in a few months if you just try harder to stick with it. There are huge rewards ahead for turning your back on those NASTY FAT FOODS!!!! (as I'm typing I'm also trying to convince myself :blush:)

Jump back in and remember to picture yourself shopping for cute little clothes in the REGULAR store, and doing all the fun things that we usually hide from or haven't been able to do.

Come on, we knew the job would be hard when we took it!!!

Edited by KBME

Don't beat yourself up. Let it go and now eat some good food that will fill you up. I think everyone does this every now and then, so just get back on track and don't worry. Feeling bad won't get you anywhere, but getting on track will. This may happen again, but don't let it happen too often. Exercise more when you eat this kind of food :frown: Best wishes to you!

I am motivating myself by thinking about all of the great after holiday sales when I can buy clothes dirt cheap in regular sizes..it seems the plus size clothes never really go on clearnace!