Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lets get it started!

Hi Everyone!

Im looking to see what great things you guys are planning on doing once you lose weight after your band, that you cant do now. Lets start a ginormous list for everyone to review as motivation when you dont ever think the insurance will approve you, the liquid diet is kicking you in the butt, or your family is being unsupport.

Please list 5 things that you hope to accomplish. I'll start

1. being able to wear calf boots without having to worry about them digging into my calves
  2. being able to shop in the misses section of the stores, and not the womens/plus section
  3. being able to fing cute/comfortable bras (Yes, Im looking forward to getting rid of the girls)
  4. can we say cute coats without any X's on the tags?!?
  5. being able to wear belts!

I hear you .

1. being able to run with getting winded in 2 sec .

2. a single digit dress or pant size .

3. 3 to 4 inch heels with no pain

Ooh! I like this one! OK here goes:

1-Going to an amusement park and not worrying about fitting on the ride

2-Riding my bicycle farther than just around the block

3-Not being the biggest girl in most rooms

4-Getting on a plane and not having to worry about the seatbelt

5-Wearing skirts and heels!

This is really good! Here goes!

1. Going to a baby shower and fixing the little plate of stuff and not feel like I'm starving and I can't wait to leave!

2. Not being the fattest woman in my husband's family!

3. Getting some Victoria's Secret underwear!

4. Being proud and not ashamed when I meet my husband's co-workers.

5. Since I'm in college as an older adult, not hearing the "kids" make rude comments about the "old fat chick"!:)

This is a great idea.

1-Not having to worry about the seatbelt on the airplane.

2-Clothes from any store other than Lane Bryant!!

3-Not having to buy wide width shoes cause my feet swell

4-Not being the fat mom on the block!!!

5-Not being fearful of going out and meeting people for fear of what they will think of me.

okay here I go

1. Participating at my daughters school events without fear of being ridiculed by the kids or worse, her being ridiculed because of me.

2. Renting a Kayak and going down the salt marshes.

3. Maybe be my youngest daughters softball coach (she has a few years yet)

4. Finally being noticed for something other than being the biggest woman in the room. (Not that I want to give someone else that title)

5. Maybe one day I could actually LIKE exercising:blink:

Hi Everyone!

Im looking to see what great things you guys are planning on doing once you lose weight after your band, that you cant do now. Lets start a ginormous list for everyone to review as motivation when you dont ever think the insurance will approve you, the liquid diet is kicking you in the butt, or your family is being unsupport.

Please list 5 things that you hope to accomplish. I'll start

1. being able to wear calf boots without having to worry about them digging into my calves
  2. being able to shop in the misses section of the stores, and not the womens/plus section
  3. being able to fing cute/comfortable bras (Yes, Im looking forward to getting rid of the girls)
  4. can we say cute coats without any X's on the tags?!?
  5. being able to wear belts!

Great topic!

1. Be able to run

2. Wear tank tops again without an 'overshirt'

3. Buy a pair of cowboy boots that will fit over my calfs.

4. Get a motorcycle without fear that I will be top heavy.

5. Go on a cruise and have enough room in that microscopic shower. :blushing:

:smile2:

Ok, this will seem strange, but all my life I wanted to wear this outfit...

-white blouse, with blue jeans with a red belt and red pumps. Well, it may sound like the 80's, but I've always wanted to look good in an outfit like that!

-smile when looking in the mirror

-meet up with old high school friends who have been trying to get me to a reunion

-wear a top that can be tucked in

-not worry how others see me.

1. Wear knee high boots without it cutting off circulation due to my calfs being WAY too big

2. Wearing shorts without my thighs rubbing together which makes those shorts look like they're giving me a wedgie.

3. I wanna run. Where to IDK... I just wanna run

4. Not being afraid of jumping for fear of flabs of fat bouncing around or trying to slap me in the face.

5. Sky diving or bungie jumping. Which I won't even bother trying now (see number 4).

1. wear cute stylish clothing

2. be able to wear heels without my feet hurting

3. to be able to go to away with friends without them complaining that I snore (bye sleep apnea)

4. to not struggle to breathe

5. to have energy to walk my dog more than just around the block

OMG do you want the long or short list :blushing:

So glad you started this thread ape... for since the beginning of my journey about a year (darn HMO and their hoops) I have been making a list of things I am looking forward to doing again, or trying, upon weight loss :smile2: I've kept it to myself, but here are the biggies for me...

1. Getting off my medications- all or most of all 7 of them

2. Taking up dancing again- ballroom, salsa, and jazz

3. Getting into the Couch to 5k program and training/runnning a 5k (shhhh don't tell my dad, he's a former marathoner!)

4. Not having to worry that an outfit or artice of clothing I'd like to buy isn't in my size

5. Having my 8 year old niece be able to wrap her arms around me when she hugs me... my sis and fam are missionairies to Taiwan and will be back on furlough in 2012. Last year, my niece Carmen made mention of the hug and encouraged me to exercise :wub:

I wish all of you the best in your journeys and thanks for sharing for I know it helps me a lot!!!

God bless

Okay Ladies,

Doesn't look like any guy's have replied to this thread, so I am gonna break the ice... Here's mine!!!

1. Buy men's jeans in a store insteed of online. Most stores don't carry larger sizes with an inseam longer than 30".

2. Get rid of the nickname "Big" in front of John.

3. Go to the beach, pool, lake where ever with out feeling like I should keep my shirt on....

and finally and most important to me

4. Last summer my son and I went to an amusement park and planned to ride the rides and make vomitting sounds trying to gross out the young kids in front of us.... unfortunately I had to get off the ride because the safety bar wouldn't fit over my stomach:frown: .... This summer I'm gonna ride'em and make someone loose their funnel cake!!!!:blushing:

1.I know this is pushing it but I want to run/walk a 5 K .

2. I want to buy clothes in just any store.

3. I want to go swiming without feeling like I'm HUGE.

4. I want to play with grandkids when I get them.

5. I want to go into a restaurant and not worry if the seat me at a booth. I could go on and on maybe tomorrow;-)

1. Burning the grany panties.

2. Being able to really clean my house.

3. Buy good quality clothes.

4. Walking next to my husband - not 10 feet behind him.

(he is a mailman and walks too fast for me now)

5. Going on a cruise - putting on the little black dress -

hearing my husband say WOW - PRICELESS

I'll play along...

1. Wearing professional looking clothes to work again.

2. Shopping at ANY clothing store.

3. Being healthy for my little girl (and keep up with her once she learns how to run!!)

4. Not sweat all the time!!! (I HATE this one!)

5. I'm looking forward to the increase in self-esteem and all the compliments I'll be getting!! :blushing: