Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll: would you do it over again?

How do you feel overall about being banded:  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you feel overall about being banded:

• I am overall pleased with my band and happy with my decision. I would do it all over again.
    • I am not overall pleased, but I'd still get banded if I had to do it over again.
    • I am not pleased with my band, I would not get banded if I had it to do over.
    • I have been unbanded, or I plan to be unbanded soon b/c it's that bad.

So many people are discouraged by this site and everyone problems so this is a poll to see if despite all the complaints/problems/etc overall are people happy with thier band.

I just had all of my fill removed because after the loss of the baby (not due to band) but my body seemed to attack the band and not the fetus. I suddenly became unable to eat and swallow Water and such. There was no erosion and fill removal seems to have fixed the problem. Our follow up doce did not reccommend complete removal- but I wanted it all out!!! I will likely put about 1.75 cc back in later after I am all better if we start to gain. I currently am below goal and realized that i am sort of skinny- had three doctors who never knew me heavy remark and a few nurses on my daughters floor amaze at my figure and stuff and I had a good long look in the mirror after the baby loss and lots of tears- but if I get rid of my 15 lbs of excess skin and some Lipo I would look amazing.

BUT I WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN- but I have had few problems and the few things I can't eat- I really didn't need to anyways

SO MANY people are discouraged with what I have to say around here, considering six of my friends have had band-removals due to erosion, plus I've been through two ports and still remain portless with no local aftercare. However, if my insurance covered the process and I had local aftercare, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

However, if you are a self-pay with limited resources, or your only option is Mexico, don't do it. The initial approximate $10,000 is nothing in comparison to what an emergency procedure might cost. Be prepared - the band is a very expensive tool for the rich and/or insured.

I am also set up to get lap banded. My date is January 24th. My mom had it done 3 weeks ago and she feels great. I have to admit I am a little nervous about being put under. I have never had surgery before. But Im sure I will be fine. I have two boys ages 5 and almost 2. And I am tired of fighting this weight battle alone. I know it will still take a lot of hard work and effort but I will have some help from the band. I have felt like there is a skinny person inside of me that wants to be free since I was about 16. I am now 33 and cant wait to feel better about myself and feel healthy for my family. I only wish this would have been an option for me a long time ago. Any ways it is nice to have this web site to come to and read all the comments. I feel like I talk my husbands ear off about the surgery and weight so I am hoping to have new people to talk to and go through this experience with.

I would do it all over again although I admit this site and the reported numerous problems make me worry constantly.

I try to realize this a very large site and that it is not everyone.

Overall I have lost about 53 lbs. since July 5th and that makes me very happy.

I don't like worry and the band does worry me. I try to get my body to accept the band and I try to work with the band.

I went for reflexology the other day as my foot has been hurting me right in the spot on the left foot that is connected to the stomach/waistline area - I felt like my body was reacting to having the band inside of me and I figured this was the best fix.

I am happy to report that my foot feels much better now and I will definitely go back a couple more times to help my band and my body accept each other.

I also wish I had this band option years ago before my body was so badly damaged by the weight I carried.

Oh - well - I have it now.....

Celebrating my 47th birthday on Monday and I am looking forward to the rest of my life - With the Band......

Take Care - Nancy

Still recuperating from my lapband removal due to erosion, knowing what I know now I would do some things differently but I would YES get the band.

I would NOT go to Mexico

I would fight my insurance co tooth and nail to get them to cover.

I would find a US doc that would place the band and let me do it in payments.

I would NOT go to Mexico

I would NOT go to Mexico

Are you getting the picture?

I'm very pleased with my band. Some of the stuff people go through on this site does frighten me, but Gastric Bypass is not something I want and I HAD to try Lap Band before I did something as drastic as GB.

I am still new (9/26/05) and have yet to find the "sweet spot" where I can eat without overeating. I am losing slowly (15 lbs so far) but struggle with dieting. I am tired of getting fills (4 so far) and want to "get on with losing now" without going to the dr. so often. I voted "not overall satisfied but would do it again".

I would do it again in a heart beat. I have only had the band 4 months and 8 days I have lost 49lbs. I do worry about having problems in the future, since I see so many people on here with problems.

I've lost 105 lbs in a little over a year. But I have no way of measuring the life I have gained.

It's not about losing.

It's about gaining.

I did have fantastic insurance, and I did get it here in the good old USA.

I'd do it again.

And again.

I've never been this successful on any diet.

I'd do it again. Did I already say that?

I'd rather roll naked in a pile of fish hooks than give up my band. How's that?

I had my band removed due to erosion. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I would go back to Mexico. I had a great experience in Mexico with wonderful aftercare.

I'm not baded yet but am a little discouraged by the number of people saying not to get baded in Mexico. I wonder if this is due to personal experience? It doesn't seem that way, but I may be wrong.

Banded 10/3/05

This is not a miracle cure friends... hard work still necessary.... I have lost approx 20# and am concered about behavior of mine!! not the band ... my band is fine I have to work with me!!I have still after hundreds of diets felt the most pleased with this method. I was a binger this helps me with that. I would definatly do it agian but like this time with alot of support and a real will to change my life. Out of desperation ALONE no... this would not help me.

Elda