Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to regret my decision...

Herraven - call your doctor!

Paigey - your liquids should not be coming back up call your doctor too!

I was having a horrible tight feeling in my chest post op, a hard time breathing, hard time swallowing...

turns out there was air in my band

once they adjusted it on day 4 - my existence felt so much better!!

Please call your surgeons

Thanks Desiree - great advice and first time I've heard that. Have a great week from a another Desiree living in Africa!

I am in the same boat.

I don't even try to drink my Protein Shakes because I'm scared it will just come back up. Everything comes back up. I'm not regretting the lap band or anything, I'm just concerned about being so weak and unable to keep even the simple fluids down.

Hope you've called your doc. You risk getting dehydrated so the Fluid intake is extremely important. Keep us posted!

I felt the exact same way. I was banded on 9/27 and up until yesterday I thought to myself what the Frick have I done and why!? Trust me it goes away and once you start feeling better you will be so happy! Hang in there and give your self a break.

Herravan,

You replied to my Nauesa and Indigestion post earlier today. Thanks for that... We can cry together:crying:!!!!!!!!! I am totally hoping that in a few days I can look back and be happy that I got this thing!

I too have started to regret my decision! Why WHY WHY did I do this to myself?! I feel sick all the time. The pain is nothing compared to how ill I feel. If I drink fluids I feel like it gets stuck. I mean is that suppose to happen yet? Or is it just swollen? I have lost 7.5lbs...Only upside to this. I would rather be fat than feel like poo all the time though.:thumbup:

I am so glad to see that others have gone through the same thing we are going through and have come out of it happy!. The words of engourgament mean everything to me right now. I feel like I want to put a plunger down my throat!!! I have the most horrible stuck/indigestion feeling ever... ALL THE TIME!

For the shoulder pain I have found the heating pad does help. I dont get it very often, but have a little bit today so that seems to soothe it a bit!

Feel free to email anytime. We can go through this together if you want. We did get it on the same day after all. :smile2:

Edited by BlessedMama

I had surgery 9/17/10 and i also was nauseated and having trouble eating. But i kept on taking my pain med and making sure i got Water and Protein Shakes and after a week it passed! So hang in there and have faith that this is the tool to finally lose this weight!

I might get crucified for posting this but I don't care. I'm pre-op so I can't say that I can feel your pain nor that I can understand your pain. But I will say that there are SOOOO many people who are obese and dying from obesity and CANNOT get the surgery they need to help them so I am a bit bothered to see someone with regret after a couple days of discomfort and pain. After a lifetime of obesity and potentially life threatening co-morbidities, I don't care how long the discomfort or the pain is because I know it will get better and I know it will lead to a longer healthier life.

If the pain you are feeling is due to complications, then I apologize for what seems like an insensitive post. If that is the case then obviously you are feeling more than just the normal healing discomfort. But I get a bit sensitive when I see people complaining about discomfort for such a short period of time.

I guess I just subscribe to the "no pain...no gain" philosophy. I'm willing to endure whatever pain I can to end a life of worrying about whether a chair will break under me or not going on rides with my kids because I'm over the limit or shopping in the Casual Male XL. I just want a long healthy life and I can't wait to be banded!!

Sorry for my long rant...

I might get crucified for posting this but I don't care. I'm pre-op so I can't say that I can feel your pain nor that I can understand your pain. But I will say that there are SOOOO many people who are obese and dying from obesity and CANNOT get the surgery they need to help them so I am a bit bothered to see someone with regret after a couple days of discomfort and pain. After a lifetime of obesity and potentially life threatening co-morbidities, I don't care how long the discomfort or the pain is because I know it will get better and I know it will lead to a longer healthier life.

If the pain you are feeling is due to complications, then I apologize for what seems like an insensitive post. If that is the case then obviously you are feeling more than just the normal healing discomfort. But I get a bit sensitive when I see people complaining about discomfort for such a short period of time.

I guess I just subscribe to the "no pain...no gain" philosophy. I'm willing to endure whatever pain I can to end a life of worrying about whether a chair will break under me or not going on rides with my kids because I'm over the limit or shopping in the Casual Male XL. I just want a long healthy life and I can't wait to be banded!!

Sorry for my long rant...

I do see what you are saying considering you are POST OP however, let me just throw this out there. Last summer I went to surgery, without an IV, for a pacemaker. They would use Lidocane and cut, lidocane, cut, lidocane, cut. I was completly awake the whole 2 hours. I had to tell the Dr when it was time for more lidocane. I would rather have that done again than go through the pain I had with the lapband surgery!!! The gas pain was ridiculous and not only that but you are going through a emotional change. I am here to support anyone and give my journey. I can only hope your journey is as easy as you expect.

Let me take a few more of my pain meds before I comment to you Njsizzla. You are post-op and in my opinion I don't think you should judge on how I or anybody else can tolerate pain or how we feel. Thats all I'm going to say. I appreciate the kind, encouraging advice that I have received before your post and I know that others are battling out there like me.

That sounds great :) I will send you and email and we can see how we are both doing since we got it on the same day <3 feel better. I found sugar free Popsicles to be very helpful and the ice from Sonic drive in. Their ice is easy to crunch on.

Let me take a few more of my pain meds before I comment to you Njsizzla. You are post-op and in my opinion I don't think you should judge on how I or anybody else can tolerate pain or how we feel. Thats all I'm going to say. I appreciate the kind, encouraging advice that I have received before your post and I know that others are battling out there like me.

I am PRE-OP and please don't misunderstand my post. I am not commenting on how you tolerate pain. I am sure you are in pain and I have read hundreds of posts that talk about the pain people experience after the surgery. I don't doubt you are in pain. I am just saying that I feel that ANY pain is worth the long term gain we will all receive from this surgery. I apologize if you took my comments the wrong way. I am gearing myself up for the pain but as you said, I can't judge how anyone else feels.

NJSizzla ,

We chose to have the lap band so we can gripe about it if we want to. But I am sorry you feel the way you do. This was a choice and I am sure in the end I and others will be very happy. However, you WILL NOT even want to consider riding on rides with your kids with this pain/nausea/gas we are experiencing!. Mine isnt so much the pain, but I have been nauseous since I woke up on Thrusday. I tell you, I would rather be fat than live my life nauseated. Also, after surgery you feel a bit sorry for your self and you look to others that have been through it to ease your pain. I think that is all we are doing here. Looking for strength to get through what I know we will all be very happy with. You will need it too so dont knock us for venting. It helps with all parts of our healing! forgive misspellings..I need to download the spellchecker:wink2:

You're right and I apologize to everyone. This IS a place to vent and to be supported unconditionally. So I apologize for "judging". I am sure when I finally do get banded I will want the same support.

You're right and I apologize to everyone. This IS a place to vent and to be supported unconditionally. So I apologize for "judging". I am sure when I finally do get banded I will want the same support.

We will be here when you are ready too!!!

I've been talking to my best friend who had this surgery last year and her 5 scars are teeny tiny. My largest one is 4 inches long then a 2 inch one and the other three are about an inch long. Some of the others that I have known to get wls their entry scars were small too. So on top of it all I feel like the bride of Frankenstein. I feel so depressed and I can't stop crying.

Hang in there! The scars get smaller too...and fade.. I had my surgery in December and just lost 50 lbs now..slow but steady. I had my down days, when I wished I never did it...but in the fourth month things started happening for me! It was after my fourth fill and one unfil. Now Im not hungry and just a bit fills me..I feel so Great!...my knees no longer hurt..nor my back...and I still want to lose 50 more lbs and looking forward to my new life style! Just give it some time...you'll do just fine..! Looking back at my old posts..I seen a depressed person...and I dont even know her now!!!!

Write me anytime..I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POPPYRED

Everyone experiences things different with surgery. I use to compare myself to others that lost 50 lbs in the first three months..well its taken me 9 1/2 months to do that! Now I realize we're all different and if it takes me another year to get where I want...least Im heading the right way.

I have days that are worse than others...then there are the great ones.. and the BEST ones..getting rid of all the big clothes.

You just had surgery, with any surgery there is a healing point..and trust that in a few months this will just be a small memory ..and the ones you will have then will overfill all those in the past.

Im happy you are able to talk to people about your concerns and always rely on your doctor for questions about how much pain you should be having. I called mine once a week for four months...! ..alot of it is for reassurance that this was a good decision and you will know it is too..in a few months.. I wish you better days ahead...and the confidence that you will gain in the days ahead..when the pounds start coming off!

Take care...you have friends here!

Poppyred