Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

I had a very large lump at the port site where I felt intense pain. I had cat scans and an ultrasound which showed nothing. My Dr. was able to aspirate some infected Fluid from the site and sent me right to the hospital. I think the hardest part right now is that I have an open wound that I have redressed every day and that is a constant reminder. I think that when it closes up I will better handle the situation. I hope you do well and that the infection stays away. Good luck in your journey. Mine is not over yet I just don't know what direction to head in right now.

Oh Yikes that is where my infection was. I was told the port could be removed but the band could stay in to offer some type of restriction. Let us know if we can help in any way. I will definitely keep a close eye and if any pain returns will head back to the dr. asap.

1. how many cc's you have in your band - I have 4.25ccs in a 10cc band.

2. do you feel you have restriction- what does that mean for you? I feel restriction. I cannot eat alot AT ALL! I eat very small portions. I have several things that get stuck, rice, bread, chicken nuggets, but fritos slide right on down, LOL. Fritos are NOT allowed in my house anymore, I have no control when it comes to them.

3. are your calories tending to stay below like 1600 (or what are your calories generally.) I don't count calories. I watch my sugar intake (nothing over 3 grams) and eat pretty healthy. I can't eat that much, so counting calories is a moot point.

4. what is your weight loss like: I have lost 55lbs. I lost 18 lbs on the 3-week pre-op diet. I have lost 37lbs. since my Sept. 23rd surgery date.

5. are you hungry between meals. Sometimes. Typically only during the week between Breakfast and lunch.

6. are you exercising, and how much. Not really. I am looking forward to getting my XBOX 360 Kinect for Christmas and doing Zumba with my 12 yr old in the mornings before school.

7. how much Water are you drinking? Not enough. I drink hot tea and crystal light during the day. I should probably be drinking more.

1. how many cc's you have in your band -4ccs in 10cc band.

2. do you feel you have restriction- what does that mean for you? yes I feel restriction now. don't know if its sweet spot yet but we'll see.

3. are your calories tending to stay below like 1600 (or what are your calories generally.) Haven't counted in weeks but need to go back to it.

4. what is your weight loss like: I've lost 31lbs including preop diet.. Its coming slow but surely.

5. are you hungry between meals. Sometimes. most between Breakfast and lunch. sometimes at night.

6. are you exercising, and how much. I typically work out 5 days a week. Lately I'm working 2nd job for holidays so its more like 2-3 depending on schedule. Jan I'll be back to 5.

7. how much Water are you drinking? at keast 64 ounces per day...more if i'm working out.

Hi everyone. I thought I'd join in since I was banded on Sept 21, 2010. I hope everyone is happy and well.

1. how many cc's you have in your band? I had my 3rd fill last week bringing me to a total of 3.75cc.

2. do you feel you have restriction- what does that mean for you? I do have restriction...maybe too much. I'm having trouble getting solids down and getting stuck quite often. I have another adjustment appointment next Wed and instead of a fill I may get a slight unfill.

3. are your calories tending to stay below like 1600? (or what are your calories generally.) I keep my calories between 850-950 cals and my Protein at least 80 grams.

4. what is your weight loss like? It's been steady. I lose an average of 3 lbs a week and I'm happy with that.

5. are you hungry between meals? Not since my last fill, but until then, yes, I was hungry about 2.5-3 hours after eating.

6. are you exercising, and how much? I exercise at least 3x a week. I'd like to work out more often, but I have trouble with my right knee so I'm trying to find a schedule that will promote weight loss but not cause pain to my knee. Right now I'm doing a combination of wii fit yoga and the treadmill.

7. how much Water are you drinking? Not nearly enough. I'm averaging about 32 oz a day. I'm trying to get more in but I can't seem to do the 64 ounces.

Miss Joany, I was thinking about your comment about your skin, some things you might try

1 how is your Biotin in you Vitamin.

here is a link that is about hair loss but skin is relevant too.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4681047_causes-hair-loss-during-dieting.html

also be careful about the antibiotics, keep up your acidophiles, I heard a thing about the importance of bacteria and skin problems, so maybe pumping up your good bacteria that might be out of wack because of the antibiotics/ infection.

Hydration is also important.

be careful about your lotion, some commercial products can cause sort of an addiction, once my eyes wouldn't produce tears at night without visine, and I knew someone that had huge problems with nasal congestion and neosinefrin addiction. Anyway make sure you are using a skin product that has few chemicals and scents even, even olive oil and honey are great for skin- shea butter is supposed to be pretty good too. the simpler the ingredients the better I'd say if you are using a lot of lotion.

Anyway these are just some thoughts, i also have really dry elbows and scalp right now so I've been thinking about this a lot.

Hello All! Been a while since I posted. I've been thru an awful lot the last 2 1/2 months. Good News, I'm down 27lbs. Bad news, I lost my baby last Thursday. It's been a rough time, but I'm getting adjusted to it. Alot of adjustments in just a few months. It was so tough being pregnant, nauseous and dealing with the effects from the band. I'm still pretty weak and now trying to figure out how to get on track with the band. I have no idea where everyone is at and where I should be, I have to start reeducating myself on the steps of banding. Being pregnant, I didn't follow any of the steps and not really sure where I would have been.

I've read alot of the posts and you guys are helping me get back on track. The thing with me was I felt restriction the whole time, without any fills. My doc said that only 5 percent of people get that effect right away and keep it. The relation from my mind to the plate was instint I saw the food as "way toooo much" and couldn't eat much at all. I still have the full feeling after eating such small portions. I started at 275, banded 9/22 and am down 27lbs to 248. I am not good at the drinking Water, actually the thought of it was making me sick and I've not exercised at all. My ob gyn said exercising would raise my blood pressure, who knew!

I'm hoping to start exercising once I regain some strength and get back to an optimistic outlook. Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading and posting.

Regards!

Brenda

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are doing great and getting ready for the Holidays!

I had my 3rd fill on Wednesday and now have a total of 4cc in my band. I have lost about 9 pounds since my last update and am SOOO happy. My highest weight was 268 and now am 222, that's a 46 pound lost so far =) I was banded on Sept 20th.

I had some people ask me how I did the 9 pounds in a month…all I can say is the treadmill… I signed up for my first 5k for Jan 16th and have been doing the c25k program and I promise it is working. I also have changed the way I control my portions by buying 1 cup size containers… I have a Protein shake for breakfast, coffee and 30 oz of Water all before lunch. At lunch I eat my 2 containers full of a meat (1 cup) and a veggie (1 cup) and then start my 2nd 30 oz of Water again. Around 3pm I start to get hungry and I have my snack (yogurt, pudding, cheese, or fruit). Then I start on my 3rd 30oz of water that holds me until I eat dinner. My dinner is the same as lunch and about 30minutes later I do my workout and finish my 3rd container of water. I have been doing this for a month and I feel great. So now I am drinking 90 oz of water.

My end-of-year goal is to loose 50 pounds and I am only 4 pounds away and am really excited and proud of myself.

I share all this because I want to let you guys know what works for me. It took my 3 months to figure out how my body reacts to different foods and activities (or the lack of activities), I am really happy to have found a good routine. I spoke to my doctor about it and he loved it. He says I am his biggest looser for the Sept banded patients and that makes me push even harder. I was always the girl that was in last place… so it feels wonderful to be doing the right thing and being recognized by my surgeon.

I want to wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas. Remember to take it one step at a time and to take a look back at where we were 3 months ago… that should be fuel enough to push us forward.

I will post again when I reach my 50 pound goal… I can't wait!!!

Moni

weight.png

Wow!! Wasnt certain if I would find you guys again.. My goodness.. What happened to the site??? Things are going well for me.. Still learning life with the band and loving it! Hoping to meet 50 pounds by Christmas... Here's to hoping! :) Hope to get a full day to read up on what Ive been missing on for the couple months! Hope all is well...

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are doing great and getting ready for the Holidays!

I had my 3rd fill on Wednesday and now have a total of 4cc in my band. I have lost about 9 pounds since my last update and am SOOO happy. My highest weight was 268 and now am 222, that's a 46 pound lost so far =) I was banded on Sept 20th.

Moni

Oh Moni, what an inspiration you are, I want to cry. Thanks for sharing your success plan. Can't wait to hear how the run goes. I am going to try and get more Water, that might be the trick too. Have a wonderful holiday, hope to hear from you soon.

weight.png

Hello All! Been a while since I posted. I've been thru an awful lot the last 2 1/2 months. Good News, I'm down 27lbs. Bad news, I lost my baby last Thursday. It's been a rough time, but I'm getting adjusted to it. Alot of adjustments in just a few months. It was so tough being pregnant, nauseous and dealing with the effects from the band. I'm still pretty weak and now trying to figure out how to get on track with the band. I have no idea where everyone is at and where I should be, I have to start reeducating myself on the steps of banding. Being pregnant, I didn't follow any of the steps and not really sure where I would have been.

I've read alot of the posts and you guys are helping me get back on track. The thing with me was I felt restriction the whole time, without any fills. My doc said that only 5 percent of people get that effect right away and keep it. The relation from my mind to the plate was instint I saw the food as "way toooo much" and couldn't eat much at all. I still have the full feeling after eating such small portions. I started at 275, banded 9/22 and am down 27lbs to 248. I am not good at the drinking Water, actually the thought of it was making me sick and I've not exercised at all. My ob gyn said exercising would raise my blood pressure, who knew!

I'm hoping to start exercising once I regain some strength and get back to an optimistic outlook. Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading and posting.

Regards!

Brenda

Oh Brenda, I am so sorry. You are hanging in there, and we are here for you as well. I too have not had a fill, and do feel restriction and have lost 41 pounds, and should drink more Water. You have alot to recover from but you seem to be on the right track. Take it one day at a time, and again we are here if you need to chat, or vent, or whatever.

Miss Joany, I was thinking about your comment about your skin, some things you might try

1 how is your Biotin in you Vitamin.< /p>

here is a link that is about Hair loss but skin is relevant too.

http://www.ehow.com/...ng-dieting.html

also be careful about the antibiotics, keep up your acidophiles, I heard a thing about the importance of bacteria and skin problems, so maybe pumping up your good bacteria that might be out of wack because of the antibiotics/ infection.

Hydration is also important.

be careful about your lotion, some commercial products can cause sort of an addiction, once my eyes wouldn't produce tears at night without visine, and I knew someone that had huge problems with nasal congestion and neosinefrin addiction. Anyway make sure you are using a skin product that has few chemicals and scents even, even olive oil and honey are great for skin- shea butter is supposed to be pretty good too. the simpler the ingredients the better I'd say if you are using a lot of lotion.

Anyway these are just some thoughts, i also have really dry elbows and scalp right now so I've been thinking about this a lot.

Wonderful suggestions I will get right on them. I also just got Olay body bar, and that helps a bit too. I noted a suggestion for nioxin products for hair loss. It just so happens my hairdresser carries them and gonna ask her about them tomorrow. My lotion is St. Ives with vitamin E, and I just got the Hoof and Mane cream which is nice too. Something with shea butter or olive oil sounds great. I think that would be better. Off to the drug store I go.

Hello to all bandsters! I have been so busy that I had not been on the site, but it is good to be back. :)

Wonderful to read so many great stories!

The questions is a good way to start of the postings again:

1. how many cc's you have in your band? I was banded 9-9-2010 and received less then 1 cc, possible only 1/2 cc at surgery, and have not gotten a fill. Somehow the surgery did what I needed! So far! :)

2. do you feel you have restriction- what does that mean for you? Ohhh, yes, I do feel restrictions! Yogurt, icecream, shakes go down with zero restrictions... but let me try to eat 2 peanutbutter crackers and I am full. Last night I tried pizza for the very first time in months, one of my favorite foods. One slice and I was super, super full, and I had to eat this slice over 30-40 minutes. Thank God! It works great for me!!!

I have had one major episode that something was stuck, and hope it will not repeat. I have to chew certain foods real long and eat very slow, and that is at times still challenging for me.

3. are your calories tending to stay below like 1600 (or what are your calories generally.) Pretty much; I stoped counting but try to get Protein in first and stay away from empty carbs. But do have some "bad" food in moderation, like the pizza last night!

4. what is your weight loss like. Has been great! I lost 50 pounds all together and hope to looooooose 20 more! I might have a week with no significant loss but usually loose 1-2 pounds per week.

5. are you hungry between meals. Not really hungry but have terrible gravings for my old bad foods that made me as big as I was...so it is all a mind game for me at this point. Hard, very hard to stay away from it!

6. are you exercising, and how much I exercise an average of 4-5 times a week and have gotten into weights, cardio, zumba and step aerobic. Love going to the gym again; I used to be active and only after I had gained so much weight stopped doing work outs. I am back to being my active self!

7. how much Water are you drinking? Honestly: not enough! When I excercise I drink a lot, but the rest of the day I forget...sad to say but I have to constantly remind myself to drink.

Overall the band has changed my life dramatically and has given me myself back an dmore! . I am off ALL medications. Well I take the multi vitamine and Calcium. I have no more GERD, I have very little back pain compared to prior banding, and I recognize myself in pictures and in my activity level. I am HEALTHY again and love it. This hard journey has been worth all the hard work!

Looking forward reading more of your great stories and happenings!

Merry Christmas from NC!!!

Regards!

Brenda

Hi Brenda!

It sounds like it has been a tough road for you! So sorry to hear about your baby.

But I am glad you have posted again and want to continue your banding journey.

I too, have not received a fill and it amazes me how well the surgery alone has worked for me. So far! :)

Have a blessed day!

Hi all.

I hope everyone has a good Holiday season. Our lives appear to be moving along with ups and downs, but we will have the strength to make it through. It appears the infection may be gone, and I can start exercising again. I have to work the rest of the week all the way till next Monday, but I will be with work friends so it won't be too bad. I never did put up a tree, but I do have lights on the front door. I think I might be ready for a fill. I had a slice of pizza the other day and felt no restriction whatsoever, it was scary. I don't want to go crazy. All of you are in my thoughts this year, and thinking of all we went through. Brenda, special prayers go out to you. Can't wait to hear about everyone's adventures over Christmas, and I can hear the laughter and feel the smiles from here.

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. ~Agnes M. Pahro

Okay guys... well, I just went in for my 90 day visit. I lost another 8 pounds and so that puts me at a total of 50 pounds... one of my Christmas wishes. Yay! Hope all is well for everyone else out there! ...and if I dont get back on, let me say it now... HAPPY HOLIDAYS! biggrin.gif