Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home & Banded!

I just got my band today! I am feeling ok, I just can't really get comfortable and my back is hurting. It is ok, though. I am excited to be starting this journey.

I have a list of Vitamins that the nutrionist at my surgeon's office recommended. I will post them a little bit later in the Vitamin thread.

Wish me a quick recovery! I have no idea how I am going to get in 64oz of Fluid like they want me to. What a job!!

Even a few days makes a difference to how much you can consume. Everyone's doctor recommends different things, for me it's fluids for 3 weeks but it can be anything at all and there's no restriction on amount. Its now day 6 for me and I can get through 2 mugs of Soup in about half an hour, without any feeling of fullness/stretching. Given that it's watered down and blended to nothing I feel I need those 2 mugs to get enough energy.

Like I posted yesterday, the first few days I was a bit thrilled at not being able to finish a coffee, lol, but the lack of food caught up with me big time yesterday and I felt like death and had fainting spells. So it does pay to make the effort to get it in.

My back is a bit sore too, I'm finding my tummy cant be bent over so I have to sit and stand up really straight and my back's not used to the proper posture, it wants to slump back into its correct position. Feels exactly like my back did after each of my pregnancies actually.

Congratulations Ann77, it's nice to meet you. You will do just fine. We all feel overwhelmed wit the big number of ounces of Fluid you are suppose to get in everyday. Just sip all day long because you will get dehydrated. You lips will be dry also, be sure to have some lip balm close by. Oh yeah your breath is going to change for a little while...:knockedou

Hello, I was banded on Monday Dec.12th...at 11:00 am and went home by 3:30. I know I'm supposed to be sore but this left shoulder and neck pain "takes the cake !" owwww! It comes and goes...today is the 3rd day and my tummy is rumbling and diarhea has set in. I feel a wreck. Does anyone have any secret to relief of this shoulder /neck pain? I am also FULL of GAS! I dont mean to sound too mushy but I'm in real discomfort I have tried the gas-x but did not swallow the shell around it for fear it could get stuck, but no relief.

drink Maalox like a champ! My doctor gave me a bottle to take home, and it worked for me. Your body is getting used to it's new positioning, so even if you're eating chicken broth, you will get gas. I did. But it goes away, and you'll be all good. Sorry, I don't know about neck and shoulder pain, that never happened to me. Maybe a heating pad will help? Take some ibuprofen. And don't worry about meds getting stuck. My doctor gave me huge horse pills to take right after and everything went down smoothly. I'm glad to meet you, and hopefully you'll come to one of our meetings/lunches/social hours next time we get together. Congrats!!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Congratulations, welcome to the banded side!!!! Wishing you the speediest of recoveries and as for the liquids, a sip at a time, that's all you can do. Each day does get better and better until it becomes a long lost memory. Hope the memory comes quickly for you.

Happy Holidays

Cindy

Hey Ann, how are you doing? Is the pain all gone. I saw you went back to work and fell out when you got home. LOL I remember the feeling. No matter what, keep drinking your Water, gatorade, Powerade, crystal light, sugar free popsicles .....ummmmm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches