Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking About

Hey guys. I am thinking about calling my surgeon tomorrow and requesting a slight unfill...I had yet another BP tonight. I was stuck for a while, slimed slimed slimed and then burped up a wad. Nasty but...Relief~~ I ate chicken and I dont know if I didn't chew good enough, I thought I did. It wasn't a huge piece, maybe three ounces. I wasn't eatting fast, or at least I didn't think I was....I think that this last fill that I had, which brought me to 2.25 cc's has been the toughest fill to get use to. I have had it a while now, two months....and the stuck feeling has been more so than usual. My nerves have been bothering me a lot lately too....so in the interest of trying to keep a healthy band, I think Im going to request a slight unfil. My nerves are bothering me and I really dont feel like eatting much....so I dont think there is any danger in my over eatting once I get a slight unfill. And I have been more "aware" of the band. I dont know if this is going to sound nuts, I dont know if anyone else experiences this...I dont know if Im just hyper-aware of it because I really think Im too tight....but I can be laying down or sitting in a chair and I "feel" my band. Does anyone else feel their band. It doesn't have anything to do with eatting or drinking or restricition....but I know its there. Does that make sence? Its not a pain, or discomfort, its just that I know something is there. I dunno..hard to explain. I am very aware of my body. I know if I am growing a hair out of the middle of my back....maybe thats it? I dunno....I just got over my (ahem) monthly visitor...maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe because of all the reports of erosion I am just paranoid?

Okay guys....thanks for being here~~~ I will talk to you later....

I can't do chicken, unless it's been cooked to itsy bitsy pieces in a Soup. Nuggets, grilled, fried, baked, nope, gonna slime every time.

You've done so well in such a short time, it's not like you're on a time schedule, if it will make you feel better not only physically, but emotionally as well, get an adjustment.

For me, I'd probably give it another day with either liquids or very mushy foods and see if I still felt too tight.

Good luck.

Harley Nana...Thanks for your compliments on my accomplishments. I have done pretty good if I may say so myself. I think that I am going to request the unfill cause its been going on for a while now. I thought that it was just me getting use to the fill, but its been like two (plus) months...I think I should be pretty well adjusted to the adjustment by now..... I think that it will make me feel better emotionally and physically soooo I think Im gonna ask for it... Thanks for your feedback....

Talk to you soon~

Porclndoll, I'm going in for a small unfill next week. I'm having the same problems. No PB's, but I burp for an hour after every meal. Heck, I burp for an hour after coffee. I've been afraid to get rid of any fill because I don't want to wake up with no restriction, but it seems like the smart thing to do. I only want .1 or .2 cc's out (I only have 1cc). I hope he can take out that little...

With all of the problems being reported we should play it safe.

Hey Girl!

You should probably go for an unfill, I am actually going for a fill tdy! I have been eating so much ever since the holiday party i am pretty sure i gained a few lbs back again! I called dr kwon's office yest and i was like YOU NEED TO SQUEEZE me in this week!!!!! She starting laughing! She was like ok!

I am soooo hoping i get some restriction back...UGH !

Kristen

good luck on getting an unfill. I went to Dallas last Monday to get an unfil, and my Dr. told me that if you starttaking the Fluid out, you will start gaining the weight back. He told me as long as Water is going through, he would not take any out. He said this is the tough part., and nothing comes out of something easy. So, I left the office knowing that I have to make surten changes to acheive the weight goals that I want. It sounds hard core, but I think he knows what he is doing. I was banded Aug. 24th and I have lost 50 + lbs. So not bad for this short of time. Good luck and stay strong!!!!

I saw my surgeon today and we have come to the conclusion that my sudden case of the "stucks" is primarely because of my stress levels...Yes...Just when you think that your life is normal enough to jump back in....a heeping steaming pile goes floating by. Without getting into tooooo much detail I had a situation arise the other night that was HORRIABLE....Cops were called....cops had guns out....I was up against a wall waiting to be identified.....then I had a MAJOR meltdown on a sidewalk. The issue is ongoing and will be ongoing for a while.....Im not in any legal trouble, but its still an issue that Im going to be involved in for a long time. Soooo because of the stress of my marital situation and now this...the restriction levels are going WAY up. My surgeon and I are going to baby the hell out of my band rather than take fluids out...He thinks by taking out the Fluid I will start to feel more hungry and start to stress eat a lot more, gainning back the weight. I lost 2.5 pounds since my last visit...which was awesome. I made it thru Thanksgiving without gainning. Sooo I know what I must do and that is baby this thing till the stress level comes down. I have not had any acid reflux so that is a major bonus....and I am still loosing weight. I got the impression that my dr wasn't worried about erosion...soooo if hes cool with it....Im cool with it. I totally trust him. I was completely honest with him....and he just wants me to do shakes when the stress levels are up...some salads and fish. He said fish goes thru easier than chicken...sooo Now I am dying for fish, and I dont know how to cook...so I gotta find a resturant with good fish dinners. :( Thanks for listening~ Talk to you soon~

Oh, wow! I hope everything gets resolved soon so that you can have a nice, quiet 2006. Sounds like you need to stock up on some mushies. Stress relievers... Maybe try some yoga or meditation. Give your son lots and lots of hugs. Listen to loud music in a dark room. Above all, feel free to rant all you like on LBT - we're always here for you!

Sorry Joyce, but hell no!

I've been way too tight since before thanksgiving, and today I had an unfill, so I'm back down to 1.5 ccs. They wanted to give my band a rest since I wasn't losing weight at 700 calories. 1.5 pounds in a month of 700 calories a day. If I'd been at that restriction much longer I was going to develop some very bad habbits.

Being too tight doesn't surve any purpose, and can be more damaging than not being tight enough.

It rocks that you've lost so much weight, for for some of us who have other issues beyond calories in-calories out, being too tight won't solve anything but make us miserable.

Okay, DOLLLL!!!! Oh my gawd! are you okay! I still think you need to get a slight unfill since I hate the thought of you having to fight your band on top of everthing. If you are too tight now, I don't see how getting you to a place that isn't too tight is going to make you stress eat or gain weight.

good luck on getting an unfill. I went to Dallas last Monday to get an unfil, and my Dr. told me that if you starttaking the Fluid out, you will start gaining the weight back. He told me as long as Water is going through, he would not take any out. He said this is the tough part., and nothing comes out of something easy. So, I left the office knowing that I have to make surten changes to acheive the weight goals that I want. It sounds hard core, but I think he knows what he is doing. I was banded Aug. 24th and I have lost 50 + lbs. So not bad for this short of time. Good luck and stay strong!!!!