Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I told my husband

I know this silly but my husband didn't know how much I weighted. Well tonight I told him my starting weight and my weight now. I felt good to share it with him so he can encourage me as I start to lose with the band. I was so scarred of I dont know what I mean it obvious I was over weight and have surgery to fix but say the number 317 and 295 out loud was so hard. But it feels great now that I have. I love him so much:thumbup:

I understand. my boyfriend had no idea until I lost enough to weigh less than him. he's been so supportive & said it doesn't matter. better health does :-)

oh I feel you!! except this is how my convo went.....

"hunny how much do you think I weiged before surgery?"

DH: "i would say 256"

me: "you're serious?"

DH: "yeah, I can pretty much guess how much any one weighs. its from my years of wrestling"

hahaha so here I was soooo scared to share my number with him (he is thin and fit) and he knew the whole time....and still loved me!

and now we do my weekly weigh in together....no more of me hiding in the bathroom! it is so liberating! :thumbup:

I still have not said anything........like he really thinks I am 135 hahahahahahhahaha. He knows better but I still like to be coy. Such a silly thing.

Oooh, glad to hear I was not alone.

I too had not told my Hubby just how much I weighed. I was so ashamed of myself. So my actual weight was a well guarded secret.

I've been married for 21 years and the heavier I got the worse I felt. Especially because my Hubby is tall , very handsome, a little younger than me and very fit. He works out regularly.

A couple of days before my surgery I decided I had to come clean because he was going to the hospital with me and I was afraid it would come up with him sitting there. I sat him down and told him the truth and he was shocked. He said he didn't realize that I was that heavy and that was it.

He was even nicer to me after that and very loving and caring .

When I was being rolled out of the OR following surgery he saw me and yelled out "I love you Dee!!"

I made a good choice and I feel so much better that I don't have that secret between us any more.

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years not and never once told him how much I weigh. I never told a soul until I started to meeting other people who had the weight loss surgery and all were shocked to find out the true number.. I am very tall so I can hide my weight better. Just last week my BF and I were talking and he said he couldn't wait until I loss some weight so we could go out more and do things. (before I would get tired and wouldn't want to be out long) and when he said that I started crying.. told him I was so mad at myself and finally broke down and told him my true weight.. which was soooo hard to say and made me sob harder, I felt soo ashamed. He had no idea and has been very supportive.

I've been married for 22 years and my husband does not know my weight. I keep thinking I will tell him, but havn't found the right moment. I have told him my BMI, so if he really wanted to figure it out he could. I just can't say the number because I'm always heavier than him. He's very fit and is a life-long exerciser. When I know that I weigh less than him, I will probably gloat about it :thumbup: On surgery day, the nurse recorded my weight in the chart (husband was around the corner). Then the anesthesiologist came by and was going over some things and asked me my weight right in front of him! He had a great bedside manner and had already made a few jokes with me, so I flat out told him, "I don't tell my husband how much I weigh, you have to look it up in my chart!" He just laughed at me and when he found my weight, he really cracked up because I guess he didn't think it was too bad (219 lbs). He had 7 sisters and told me I was crazy :scared2:. It's just a mental thing with me - maybe it would be liberating to tell him, finally! Haha, it's not like it's a big secret and he can't see it on me!

I always fibbed a little with my husband..I couldnt bare to tell him Id gotten up to 300lbs before surgery but he came to my first appt with me and I told him to stay in the room until I got weighed but after that I realized that if I was going to expect him to be with me all the way on this journey I had to be honest..plus if he thought I weight 240 and I was 300 I couldnt share in the accomplishments !! that sucked..so I told him...I was still embarrassed though, when I met him I was 220 so to think in 6 years I gained 80lbs while with me I thought he would be like WTF?? but he didnt say anything and is really supportive...

I didnt want my husband and especially my children to know my weight, so i didnt even know. I would not use the scales because it has a save function and you can check what the previous weight was. I didnt weigh myself for about 2 years and put on a lot of weight in that time. When i started all this i decided i had no choice and jumped on the scales and nearly had a heart attack i had gained so much. Hubby also hopped on and had also gained heaps so then i told him my weight, he was fine and even went on the pre op diet with me.

What a funny post! I have been w/my husband 10 years and would NEVER tell my weight. The thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little! HA

I will finally be banded 10/21 and deciding when/what I will tell him. You are all brave brave ladies! Honestly, I would like to share my current weight when I get to a more comfortable number but don't ever imagine I will tell him my high number. This has been heavy on mind lately so this is an interesting post. I do think that most likely I will take that high number to the grave!

What a funny post! I have been w/my husband 10 years and would NEVER tell my weight. The thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little! HA

I will finally be banded 10/21 and deciding when/what I will tell him. You are all brave brave ladies! Honestly, I would like to share my current weight when I get to a more comfortable number but don't ever imagine I will tell him my high number. This has been heavy on mind lately so this is an interesting post. I do think that most likely I will take that high number to the grave!

Some how the hight number was easier to say since I had lost 23 pounds. I kept say to him I down 2 or 4 pounds but was he wasnt really counting. Then to say I lost 23 pounds I feel like I wantted him to know how much more I had to go. He is being so suportted and now he can keep me accountable:wink2: I cant wait to say 100 pounds gone!

My boyfriend, who has been around on and off for 12 years, does not know the number, but said to me: I have seen you naked all these years. Do you think I didn't know you gained weight?

He thinks that I might weigh less than he does now, but he is wrong. I am getting there.

We are long distance now and I last saw him in late July. Our next visit is in 2 weeks and I have lost 20lbs. He has been so supportive and says he is proud of me all the time. Maybe we need to give them a little more credit.

I didn't tell my husband until I got below 200. He never for a moment suspected I weighed more than that---which made me laugh, because he knows the BMI I needed to qualify, and how tall I am.

He just never saw me as morbidly obese. I'd say that was a good thing, but really, he never saw me at all.

I have been married 30 years and told my husband right before surgery. I made him swear he would never tell anyone. After surgery when I knew I was going to lose at least some weight I told my son when he asked. My daughter-in-law said do not ask your mother that, but I told him but they were told to keep it to themselves.

If I am at a support group meeting I have no problem telling anyone starting and current weight because we are all in the same boat. But my husband is still the same weight (150) as when we got married 30 years ago. But now everytime I lose a pound I announce it to him. I went from 251 to currently 173 and still trying to lose.

Cheri

Edited by 123crod