Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Is anyone as hungary as I am???????? 1 week on the liq diet and 1 week to go. I have also had a real bad time with the restroom. It seems like I barely have enough time to make it there and then it is like Water. Is anyone else haveing this problem.

Nov 18th cant come soon enough.........

Is anyone as hungary as I am???????? 1 week on the liq diet and 1 week to go. I have also had a real bad time with the restroom. It seems like I barely have enough time to make it there and then it is like Water. Is anyone else having this problem.

Nov 18th cant come soon enough.........

I was very hungry for the first few days. Today is day 8 of liquids and I found if I have something with Protein in it every 2 hours I am good. I have to keep my calories under 1000, so it is very hard. I drink a lot of water ~100 oz a day and ~100 grams of protein a day. More than is required, but that is the only way to keep the hungry at bay.

I also have the same "bathroom" issues. There is nothing solid in our body to form it solid so water it is. I know that it is not a liquid, but I started having a little bit of fat free cheese to help with binding.

Well here I go November bandsters. Tomorrow is the day. I am scheduled for 8:45 a.m. and I am starting to scare myself. I made the mistake of reading the posts of people who have had a bad experiences. I do not think I will be getting any sleep tonight.

Well here I go November bandsters. Tomorrow is the day. I am scheduled for 8:45 a.m. and I am starting to scare myself. I made the mistake of reading the posts of people who have had a bad experiences. I do not think I will be getting any sleep tonight.

April,

All the best to you! You will do fine :-) I am going in for my band on Tuesday, Nov. 16th, so I will be following you by four days. My son got his band 13 months ago and loves it. He gave he a few pointers though. The first is to take my pain meds as frequently as permitted for that first night. He suggested I set my alarm to wake me up to take the next dose as he did not do that and slept a bit longer, then woke up in lots of pain. Secondly, to walk around as soon as I can to get everything moving again and to help with the gas. Wishing you a decent nights' sleep and will be thinking of you in the morning!

Cindy

Thanks Cindy for your words of advice. I will diffidently take my pain meds on schedule. I need to be back to work on Tuesday or my students will start to sacrifice my assistant :-)

I will say, as a nine days post op patient, that the best pointers for those looking ahead to the surgery are:

- don't read post-op horror stories. Yes, there are a few, but they are FEW. Believe that you will do well, and it will help.

- Definitely be regular in taking pain medication. You do not get extra nobility points for toughing it out, and it allows the pain to gain on you. Managed pain allows your body to rest and heal.

- Try to provide enough variety in your liquid diet to keep going on it. Look for flavors of Protein Shakes that might be of interest; remember that beef/mushroom/barley Soup, strained, has lots of flavor that plain beef broth doesn't have (and ditto for chicken noodle soup, strained), and so on.

- rely on a supportive community - this one. Remember that we have a November bandsters 2010-post op thread going in the post-op section of the forums...post there for post-op support and shared experience.

Best wishes to all,

Deb WS

weight.png

Banded Nov. 3, 2010

Brigham and Womens Hospital, Boston

Dr. Malcolm Robinson, surgeon

Good luck to all the Bandsters this week. I go in at 7am Thursday. I am ready.

I just got approved for Surgery on Friday 11/12 so i just need to get a H&P scheduled with my doctor and surgery center, start my 1 week of liquids before surgery and i will have it scheduled. i am so excited but a little scared. I have only had surgery one time and it was same day.

I just got over here yesterday and am thrilled to find great support and so much information!

My date is set for November 11. I actually could have done it sooner, but being a teacher, it was better for me to do it during a holiday weekend so I don't have to use up another sick day.

Anyway, if anyone else out there is scheduled for November, please come join here!! Let's do this journey together!:)

Hey ! Im in Australia and Im being banded on Wednesday 17th November - feeling pretty nervous now, but excited also. Good Luck :crying:

D Day is Wednesday 17th - butterfly's are starting to set in ....it's fantastic reading positive comments from others on here - thanks everyone !

Don't know what's worrying me more at this point, the operation itself, the discomfort afterwards, the liquids for 2 weeks or the whole change of life and unknown. (dramatic I know, but that's how much my head is spinning at this point).

Good luck to all the other November 'Band-its' ! Keep smiling and May the Force Be with you ! lol

MamaJ I am scheduled for Nov. 16th as well. Check in time for me in San Diego is at 5:30 am! I will definitely look for more post from you after that day haha GOOD LUCK! I am a mess right now...hope I made the right decision!

Mine is the 18th. Not feeling nervous more anxious.... I just wanna be on the other side of the band :)

MamaJ I am scheduled for Nov. 16th as well. Check in time for me in San Diego is at 5:30 am! I will definitely look for more post from you after that day haha GOOD LUCK! I am a mess right now...hope I made the right decision!

Hi B*TOWN GIRL,

Going through a lot of anxiety myself! :-) My check-in time is 6:00 am, but it is just over two hours by car, so I don't think I will be getting much sleep tonight! That's ok, not sure I would be able to sleep even if I had the extra time. BTW, there is a new thread about pre-op anxiety you might want to read. We're definitely not alone! All the best to you tomorrow and I hope you will come onto the post-op November bandsters thread. Feel free to PM me anytime if you would like. I don't post too often but I definitely log in and READ a lot of posts here. Most are very helpful.

Mamaj (Cindy)

Where are you being banded in SD? I went to UCSD Hillcrest with Dr Jacobson, and it went pretty well. Best of luck to you! I know you wont regret this, otherwise you wouldn't have let yourself get this far.

Hello fellow November bandsters... I go in the morning for my band. I have to be there by 7:15 for a 9:15 surgery time. I have so many emotions running around in my head right now... I am excited but anxious all at the same time.. i am just hoping I don't end up messing up anything! silly huh! :thumbup: