Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just joined, from UK, starting blog, using NHS

Hello all...just joined this, and not sure if there are any other UK peoples going through this on NHS? Would love to hear from you if so...we seem to be a rare breed :-)

Also, I've just started a blog Love & a lap-band is anyone else also starting blogs, as would love to read of people's experiences and go through this with someone.

All for now

gem x

Hiya and Welcome!

I am new in this journey myself! But I am not from England! My husband is a brit though! I do know there are some people here from England hopefully you'll be able to find them!

I just started my blog last week and I'd love to check yours out as well! Good luck with everything!

Hello all...just joined this, and not sure if there are any other UK peoples going through this on NHS? Would love to hear from you if so...we seem to be a rare breed :-)

Also, I've just started a blog Love & a lap-band® is anyone else also starting blogs, as would love to read of people's experiences and go through this with someone.

All for now

gem x

Hello to YOU, Gemstar! I am a newbie too! I've been to a seminar, my PCP, and have an initial consult with a bariatric surgeon scheduled for mid September! I've been blogging about it for a couple of months now and will check out YOUR blog!!

It sounds like we're all in the same boat here and I love to read everyones journeys - I learn so much!! It is always better to go through these things with others who understand what we are dealing with..:)

Hi,

I am also from Uk, using NHS and have surgery date of 12th October . I'll be checking out your blog later. I'm living and having surgery in London. All experiences really good so far.

: ) :( D

Hi,

I'm from West Yorkshire in the UK, and had my band fitted yesterday in Sheffield.

I didn't go through the NHS, I went private, but if I can help answering any questions based on my experience as I go through it, I will be happy to help.

At the moment I am very tired, and sore, but not hungry!

I am hoping that I feel a little better after a good night sleep in my own bed tonight!

Jane:smile2:

Hi,

I'm from West Yorkshire in the UK, and had my band fitted yesterday in Sheffield.

I didn't go through the NHS, I went private, but if I can help answering any questions based on my experience as I go through it, I will be happy to help.

I am hoping that I feel a little better after a good night sleep in my own bed tonight!

Wow jane, hope all's going well for you so far? would be great to keep in touch xx

Hi,

I am also from Uk, using NHS and have surgery date of 12th October . I'll be checking out your blog later. I'm living and having surgery in London. All experiences really good so far.

: ) :thumbup: D

Best of luck for next month D! would love to keep in touch and know how it all goes for you. Which hospital are you with? I'm going through Kings...

Hiya and Welcome!

I am new in this journey myself! But I am not from England! My husband is a brit though! I do know there are some people here from England hopefully you'll be able to find them!

I just started my blog last week and I'd love to check yours out as well! Good luck with everything!

Fab, I found your blog and have followed you - hugs! xxx

Hello to YOU, Gemstar! I am a newbie too! I've been to a seminar, my PCP, and have an initial consult with a bariatric surgeon scheduled for mid September! I've been blogging about it for a couple of months now and will check out YOUR blog!!

It sounds like we're all in the same boat here and I love to read everyones journeys - I learn so much!! It is always better to go through these things with others who understand what we are dealing with..:thumbup:

Lisa I totally agree with you - thanks so much for your message. I'm afraid I'm a bit behind in the lingo and don't know what PCP is, but will follow your blog to find out how you get on xx

Hi Gem,

I love your blog.

Im with Chelsea and Westminster - pre op assessment on 27th September (which doesn't seem too far away now). Hope you get your date soon - this is going to be such an exciting journey!

: D

Hi,

Hi Jane - how have your first few weeks been? All going well? Would be interested to hear about your experiences - do you have a blog? xxgem

Hi Gem,

I love your blog.

Im with Chelsea and Westminster - pre op assessment on 27th September (which doesn't seem too far away now). Hope you get your date soon - this is going to be such an exciting journey!

: D

Hey Dawn - I'm glad you like the blog, thank you :-) I'm not writing too often at the moment (every week or so), but thought I'd write more and more as I get closer and then have surgery.

My pre op assessment is on Monday - crazy! Yours is so soon as well! Not sure what actually goes on in the assessment (assume weight - doh - blood pressure etc). Do keep in touch! xx

Hi Gem,

Hope the pre op assessment went well. Please let us know what went on - I have mine on Monday (havent a clue what to expect) then I have to get to the pre-op diet. It's not as strict as quite a few people on this forum have posted - but they certainly seem to vary immensely. Mine is two weeks on what is essentially a very low carb diet with decent portions of Protein allowed (no Maltesers unfortunately).

Did they manage to give you any idea of a date when you were at the hospital.

The yoga sounds amazing. Keep in touch.

D x