Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September 2010 bandsters to be out there?

Congrats to all who have had their surgeries! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Mine is next Thursday - trying to make it through the pre-op diet. :smile:

Jamie, I think I am the old one in the group here! But no worries, looking forward to losing weight and feeling better soon.

Hello everyone...new here...will be having my lap-band surgery on the 23rd of this month. My best to everyone who has had or will be banded this month.

Getting banded on Tuesday, Sept. 14:smile:

Hello everyone...new here...will be having my lap-band® surgery on the 23rd of this month. My best to everyone who has had or will be banded this month.

I am the 23rd also, but will be before you as I am in Australia. Hope all goes well.

Hello popsicles!

Well I got done - it does hurt honeys but you should be feeling nearer 100% Ok not long after - for me it's day 10 post op and I feel bout right but sore where port is - but some I've read are up and at em 3 days later???! (unless they're lying!)

Have lost 7lbs in 1 week!!!! but not having my first fill until 22/10/10 - but aside from not wanting to eat when firstdone; what a miracle: I really am feeling fuller - and now eat off a small plate and am eating portions as small if not smaller than my 3 year old!

So looking forward to Xmas now!!!!

hey watch out for the post op gas (they fill you up with this as it helps 'separate' organs when they op on you) they take out majority but rest spreads wherever and eventually body reabsorbs (what a relief when you can fart! Sorry but true) so you may have pain in weird parts - for me it was my neck and upper chest.

Please please please get some help when you come out - esp if have young kids or helpless hubby - you can't lift or bend very well - washing up/ picking things up from floor, hoovering etc really hurts as you're very sore - so use your family and friends to the hilt.

And don't forget your extra daily vit tablets!:thumbup:

Good luck - I'm hoping to reap the benefits in due course!!! Just think this time you can't self destruct as you just don't wanna eat!

Well done for taking this step for a better future FOR YOU! Stay in touch and let's post pictures of us at Xmas so we can all see how far we've come????

Here's to a leggy 2011:tt1:! x

Hi everyone (hi Angelfizz :wub: )

I'm from the UK but i am travelling to Belgium to be banded next Tuesday.

I'm nervous and a little concerned now cos i have a cold that is not shifting. Had it for a week and its annoying me now. Its deffo improving though.

Anyone had their op cancelled cos of a cold?

Fingers crossed it passes quickly.

Hi Evryone

Just starting to feel normal after the bad experiance of the dreaded trapped wind after been banded and im soooooooo happy its nearly gone :wub: feel ilke i can get on with things now yipppppy !!!!!!!

Still not hungry but carrying on with the vits and Protein Drinks as advised, still a bit bloated too but day by day people, and it is only day 5 hope everyones ok :alien:

Congrats to all who have had their surgeries! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Mine is next Thursday - trying to make it through the pre-op diet. :wub:

Jamie, I think I am the old one in the group here! But no worries, looking forward to losing weight and feeling better soon.

Hey Im 42 hun so we can be the old ones together eh !!!! Hope you ok let us all know how you doing ok x :alien:

Angelfizz you sooooo know what your talking about babe lol go you im just checking and picking up the bits as i go along, feeling a lot better today thank the lord, day by day eh be intouch xxx

Hi all. I need support.

Tomorrow's my surgery and I'm really really nervous. I can't believe the day is here!

:wub:

Hi all. I need support.

Tomorrow's my surgery and I'm really really nervous. I can't believe the day is here!

:alien:

Hi Maxi2010, you will be fine!

I completely understand the nerves tho. I am meant to be asleep at the moment as it is 1:40am 17th Sept in Australia, I am online cause I have been lying in bed since 11:30pm and cant settle! I need to be at the hospital for addmission by 6:30am. I am schedualed for a 9:30am surgery! eek!

But you will have had the surgery before you know and be back here letting us know how it went and how you are going!

Best of luck and look forward to reading about your op etc soon :wub:

Maxi good Luck Tomorrow! My Day is Monday. I am getting nervous Also. Wish I didn't Have all weekend to think about it.

Thanks so much AnnaOz and YouGotBiggie. I appreciate you sharing your same feelings with me.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one nervous before their op. I was so nervous this morning, I was dry heaving and feeling really nauseous. My stomach is still in knots right now although I was able to get in a Protein Shake. I'm now waiting for my call to tell me what time to report tomorrow, which won't happen for at least several hours.

AnnaOz: I forgot you are from Australia, which means you'll be done first! Good for you. I probably will be up all night, too. I'll let you know. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. You'll be recovering when I am in the op. We'll both be recovering when YouGotBiggie is in the op. AnnaOz, let us know how you do after surgery. I probably won't respond until I start to feel somewhat better.

YouGotBiggie: Best of luck with your Monday surgery. Let us know how you do.

It will over soon and I really cannot wait, although I am soooo nervous! :wub:

I am probably the oldest on the blog, 56 here, my surgery is Sept 29, a little nervous but glad i am finally doing something about my weight, should of did it years ago. But better late than never, My doctor put me on the sugar buster diet for two weeks before the surgery, not too bad, no sugar, that would be the least of my problem. Good luck to all that has had the surgery and those to have.

SandyRS56

I had my surgery yesterday. Got to the hospital at 5:30 am. Got admitted, weighed in (254) then headed to a private room where I changed into my gown.

The nurse came in and tried to start the iv. Apparently my veins were not cooperating, so 5 tries later another nurse got it started. There was so much going on in that last 30 mins before surgery- nurse working on the iv, anestheologist talking to me while another nurse was strapping the foot pumps to my feet. Apparently my Dr does the surgery with me in a mostly vertical position- that was all new to me.

They came and got me and wheeled me back to the or.

They slid me over to the table, then lined my feet up on a platform and then the next thing I know I hear the recovery nurse calling my name.

I stayed there for about an hour. I did start feeling some pain and all I did was say so and they gave me some pain meds. After that hour they moved me up to a regular room where I started to drink my 1oz of Water and Protein Drink every fifteen mins.

After I was able to pee, they started the paperwork to discharge me. I got dressed and then headed home.

As soon as I got home I took a gas-x strip and took a lortab pill. Also am having to do the breathing exercise every hour.

Stayed on the lortab every four hours until I went to bed. I stayed steady sore all day with some shoulder pain when the pain pill started wearing off.

I layed flat on my back in bed most of the afternoon but sat up on the couch to watch survivor and big brother.

After that I got in bed and decided to see if I could lay on my side. After I was able to get over onto my side, it seemed like everything shifted and once it settled I could breathe deep breaths and went right to sleep.< /p>

I slept better than I thought I would, I woke up about every 4 hours but I didn't take any more lortab after 945pm.

Woke up this morning and am feeling much better. Still moving slow but I just took liquid tylenol only today. Lots of phleghm this morning and temp has been running in the mid 99's. They said only worry if it is over 101.

I plan on getting out to Walmart today to get some walking in. Also I live upstairs and was able to climb them when I got home yesterday, no problem.

Definitely better than I expected.

I still can't figure out where my port is yet, I don't have a bigger incision up top, but I'm not going to poke around on them yet either. No bruising and the infusions are glued.

That's my story!